Can't playback cached phone video files on PC
2904 12 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
klevensandr
New
Flight distance : 63412 ft
United States

Hello, new on the forum although I've been using it to help resolve issues for weeks now. Yesteday I accidently launched without an SD card and had to capture some footage to my android phone's cache. I know its lower quality, but at the time that was the best option, since I didn't have enough time to land without missing the action. I can play back the cached video on my phone in the DJI app (it came out really good!), and I can see the files in the "DJI/dji.go.v4/cache_image" folder on my phone. However they won't playback on my computer (windows 10), nor on my brand new laptop. I've tried with multiple programs, including VLC. Any idea what I need to do to use this footage? Again, there was no SD card in the drone so the cached video file on the phone is all that I have. Plays on the android phone but not on PC. Thank you.

2017-5-18
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

I think it has something to do that not the right codec is installed on your PC. I got a fuzzy green screen when playing them in Windows 10 (only the phone fles, the ones on de SD-card are ok to play). You have to "convert" them some way to make them playable in Windows 10.
2017-5-18
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Not sure if this will work but as you are using android, if you install Google photos on your phone, it should pick up any photos/video from the DJI GO app. When I was using android, I could see my photos and videos that way and then if you open a web browser on your PC and search for Google Photos, you should be able to download them to your PC. But this depends on you having a Google account.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please upload the video files to dropbox or google drive? I'll help to check it.
2017-5-19
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

I'm sure on of the developers can tell us exactly which codec is used for on the phone stored video files.

I was able to play an re-record this MP4 with vMix
2017-5-19
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Maybe you were recording in mov instead of mp4 . Check your video settings in app..Maybe happy flying
2017-5-19
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

If so... then the file-extension would be .MOV not .MP4 and the mediaplayer of Windows should know how to play these files.
2017-5-19
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mari Posted at 2017-5-19 08:38
If so... then the file-extension would be .MOV not .MP4 and the mediaplayer of Windows should know how to play these files.

They will play on VLC player, nothing is wrong it's a codec issue.
2017-5-19
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I had similar issue and couldn't get Vlc to play either then I tried QuickTime an few others. I was able to upload to YouTube and that worked but couldnt really edit video but was happy it worked and I was able to gEt footage somehow
2017-5-19
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Netherlands

If TS needs help converting the file he can contact me...
2017-5-19
Use props
wshmb
lvl.1

United States

I have picked DJI Phantom 4 for some time, I also met this problem before. I don't know much about computer but I have solved this problem though googled. I found convert DJI cache file is the most easy way for me play DJI video on PC without check the media player settings. I use Pavtube video converter convert all my DJI files to VLC  all well playback on my PC with good quality.
2017-5-21
Use props
christing
lvl.2

Japan

http://fullknowledgeof4k.altervi ... ndows-media-player/

This post talks about how to play Mavic MP4 footage in Windows Media Player. It may help you out.
2017-10-11
Use props
fans48119fcf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74101 ft
Philippines

yeah same problem I have now
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules