How to format SD card in camera?
62654 9 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
murigius2012
lvl.1

United States

I have what I hope is an easy question. Twice, before I realized that I was supposed to STOP the video recording before shutting stuff down, I corrupted my Cannes Film quality video [] files, one each in two SanDisk 32 GB micro cards, which I thought were quality cards......

In each of the two cases I recorded 2 videos, forgetting to STOP the video each time. So when I downloaded the contents of the card(s) to iPhoto, only the first video file came through. The second showed up as a "DJI000xx.MP4" with the QuickTime icon. These files are not openable.

The manual sez: "3.2 How to restore a video file if power is turned off during a recording session?
Solution: Keep or place the Micro-SD card back into the camera.
Power cycle the camera and wait about 30 seconds for the video file to be restored."
---------------------------------------
How do I Power cycle the camera? Will this format the card?
Thanks for any suggestions!!
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

If you want to format the sd card,  put it in the camera, start everything up, do not start the motors and on your phone app, below the video camera on the right, you will see a gear.  Tap that and a menu will open on the left, use finger to scroll down to the bottom of the menu "format"  tap that.
or
You can put the sd card in the computer and format it there also.
2015-3-8
Use props
murigius2012
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-9 11:03
If you want to format the sd card,  put it in the camera, start everything up, do not start the moto ...

Oh man, you've saved me again Gerry.
Thanks!
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

murigius2012@me Posted at 2015-3-9 11:13
Oh man, you've saved me again Gerry.
Thanks!

Make sure you turn off the video before you turn off the battery in the Phantom.   That is what corrupted the video you could not see.
2015-3-8
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

while their instructions say 'power cycle', i find that a better option is to just launch the app, connect to the camera, and record another video.  if you look back at the bad one after simply starting and stopping another video (even a few second recording) it always puts my file back there.  this has worked a dozen or so times and in fact did again this afternoon.  i dont know why i keep forgetting, guess i get caught up in landing and such, if i was using ken's app, it would automatically stop it for me.  but im close to migrating over to his app now.
2015-3-8
Use props
murigius2012
lvl.1

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-9 11:46
Make sure you turn off the video before you turn off the battery in the Phantom.   That is what co ...

Yeah, I've taped a reminder to the clean, white controller,
"Stop the damn video first!"
Should work...
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

murigius2012@me Posted at 2015-3-9 12:26
Yeah, I've taped a reminder to the clean, white controller,
"Stop the damn video first!"
Should w ...

I did the same for the first few months.
2015-3-8
Use props
murigius2012
lvl.1

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-3-9 12:10
while their instructions say 'power cycle', i find that a better option is to just launch the app, c ...

Thanks, GN, I'll add that to my work arounds.
What's Ken's app?
Thanks.
2015-3-8
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

kenargo wrote an app called ULTIMATE FLIGHT using the DJI SDK:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ht=ultimate&lang=en

if you search this forum for ULTIMATE you will find a number of his threads.  pretty promising app.
2015-3-8
Use props
johnbej
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-8 23:03
If you want to format the sd card,  put it in the camera, start everything up, do not start the moto ...

HI Guys,
Does anyone know what to do when you try to update the Software on your Drone, and then after 10 minutes it turns red and doesn't stop beeping?  I have tried using a formatted SD with nothing on it, I treid different versions of the software, the most recent, the last one, the previous, etc and I can't get it to be succesful.  Also, now my remote is also not connecting to the drone, so I have no way to control it.   Someone said the software is corrupt. Or maybe somethign is loose. I don't know... any feedback on this?  

I have tried to contact DJI, I called dozens of times, and I can't get through to anyone.  I don't know how other people do it.

Thank you,

2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules