H4-3D Gimbal - Horizon Not Level
3386 8 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harold.mina
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

I received my Phantom 2 H4-3D two weeks ago. I have been flying it every now and then with my GoPro but just with a max of 2 meters high to avoid trees. In those flight time my GoPro recording seems level.

When my 2.4G Data Link arrived, I decided to test it out. To my disappointment, the footage revealed the horizon not leveled properly. Here is the footage:

DJI Phantom 2 (H4-3D) with 2.4G Data Link and iPa…: http://youtu.be/ZkVbzmj7q74

I thought I fixed it with the advanced IMU calibration but the gimbal only looks leveled when the phantom is not high up. The gimbal looks OK. Nothing bent or any sign off being angled upon starting up the phantom.

Should I return it to DJI for replacement?

2015-3-8
Use props
harold.mina
lvl.4
United States

Also please note this is after 3.12 update.
2015-3-8
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

When you use the Phantom assistant have you checked the gimbal settings to ensure FPV mode is not enabled?
2015-3-9
Use props
harold.mina
lvl.4
United States

smee56@gmail.co Posted at 2015-3-9 18:39
When you use the Phantom assistant have you checked the gimbal settings to ensure FPV mode is not en ...

FPV option unchecked
2015-3-9
Use props
harold.mina
lvl.4
United States

GoPro footage is smooth. It's just the gimbal not perfectly balancing I guess.
2015-3-9
Use props
mail.boxcottage
New

United Kingdom

Did you get this resolved?
2015-3-14
Use props
harold.mina
lvl.4
United States

Yes sir.

Basically when you calibrate your IMU (Advanced), your table must be really level. I had to use a bubble level app on my Android phone ans stack up pieces of paper under the table where I put the Phantom on. Until the bubble level app showed completely even, then I calibrated the IMU (Advanced) in the Assistant Software.

Hope that helps.
2015-3-25
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

harold.mina@com Posted at 2015-3-26 02:32
Yes sir.

Basically when you calibrate your IMU (Advanced), your table must be really level. I had t ...

That's a good method
2015-3-25
Use props
uncle.scrooch
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi. I tried to do Advanced calibration a bunch of times, I get "Heat" error. How can i work around this? I have same problem with skew gimbal. Thanks
2015-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules