1154 7 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scubafly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1598442 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi all,

As I start my remote controller, DJI app and mavic, everything is fine.

I get the video feed with no problems.
After around 1 minute, I loose the video, but it doesnt say that I'm disconnected and just says ready to fly gps mode even though there is no gps signal with a dark grey screen.
I'm still able to navigate through the menus but not able to calibrate the IMU for example as it says I'm not connected.

I had the .600 firmware and thought the .700 would fix it but it's the same.

If I disconnect the phone and plug it back, the video comes back but disappear again after some time.

It happened to me in flight long time ago, I would just disconnect the phone and reconnect and that would do the trick.

I didn't have that issue for a while and now it is more serious as it's happening all the time.

Anyone has faced that issue before?

For info I'm using Iphone 6+, that i used with my phantoms before and mavic with no problems.

Thanks for your help
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

What is the version of your DJI Go APP?  Have you tried to re-install it?  Have you tried other devices? If yes, how is it going?
2017-5-19
Use props
Scubafly
lvl.2
United Arab Emirates

Hi Thor,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have the latest version of DJI Go 4.

Because it has happened in the past (in a less drastic way), I thought it wouldn't be coming from the app as many updates were done in between.

But you are right, it wouldn't hurt trying to re-install. I will do that and let you know, as well as trying with a different device.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Scubafly Posted at 2017-5-19 00:59
Hi Thor,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Waiting for your feedback ~  BTW, if it still the same, please make a short video of this issue for better assistance.
2017-5-19
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

try the following:
1) use the original apple lightning cable instead of the dji cable to connect the iphone to the remote
2) turn on airplane mode on your phone (but this has some downsides, so just use the apple cable)

it sounds like the usual remote disconnected from phone/app problem.
2017-5-19
Use props
Scubafly
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Thanks Barkeeper.

So I removed the app and re-install last night.

Same problem as before.
Then I tried with the apple cable and it was flawless. The app asked me to recalibrate the sensors with assistant.

Yesterday was a long day so I postponed it for this morning.

Anyway I just dit the calibration of the sensors and thought I would try the DJI cable and now it works (at least for the 15 min i left the drone and remote connected).

I don't see how the calibration and the disconnection problem can be related, but why not...

Now I'll go for a test flight and I'll make sure I'll carry the apple cable with me just in case.
2017-5-19
Use props
NikB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130610 ft
United Kingdom

I also have this problem, it's only started since the last firmware update. I can be flying along, start recording then lose video feed but the app is still working and giving me data on the drone. If I stop recording sometimes the feed comes back, sometimes not. It's making the drone unusable at the moment.
2017-5-22
Use props
Scubafly
lvl.2
United States

I did the flight test with the DJI cable and all worked normally.

But I don't really get what happened.

I re-downloaded the app and that made no difference.
I tried with apple cable and it was working normally.
I tried again the DJI cable and again it wasn't working.
I then calibrated the sensor as requested by the app. After that the DJI cable as been working...

Other question now, before I erased the app, I synchronized all the flight data.

Now on the "new" app, I'm missing more than half of the flights. Do you know how I can retrieve them?

Thanls
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules