Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Topsurfer
New
Flight distance : 118 ft

Germany

Hello,
mostly I make photos with the Mavic,
now I make some short scene and found few "problems" in the scenen: Short vibrations, jitters, shakes.

See here  examples in original speed:

Vibrations are short and begin after 10 seconds, next time after 50 seconds in the air, so no rule ....
(solution is 2.7k with 30fps)

What do you think?
Open a case at DJI?
Will it be fixed with calibrations (standard answer from DJI I think ;-) )
2017-5-19
Use props
Topsurfer
New

Germany

No one any idea or hint ?
2017-5-19
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

Are you quite certain that it is not an issue with whatever device you are using to view the video content downloaded to from SD card? I have noticed some definite problems with higher bitrate content viewed on my machine and think it is likely an issue with video card being overtaxed.
2017-5-19
Use props
guess_fr
lvl.1
France

Hello, i had the same issue 2 months ago. gimbal changed by the support and issue resolved ;) .
2017-5-19
Use props
Topsurfer
New

Germany

Parkker Posted at 2017-5-19 14:11
Are you quite certain that it is not an issue with whatever device you are using to view the video content downloaded to from SD card? I have noticed some definite problems with higher bitrate content viewed on my machine and think it is likely an issue with video card being overtaxed.

> "Are you quite certain that it is not an issue with whatever device you are using to view the video content downloaded to from SD card? I have noticed some definite problems with higher bitrate content viewed on my machine and think it is likely an issue with video card being overtaxed."

I don't think so, because this happens allways at the same moment in the scenes, and if the file was corrupted while downloading from SD-Card, problem should be other. It's really look s a short "shaking" from camera/gimbal, not a problem inside the file.

2017-5-20
Use props
wickedal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366850 ft
United Kingdom

Same problem here. Out of my 4 hours of fight with my Mavic, it happened 6x times and approximately for 30 secs altogether.
Seems like it only happens when the camera is straight to horizon or slightly aimed towards the ground, but never happened when it's angled in 45-90 degrees.

Not sure what causes it. First tought might be the wind, but it doesn't look like it, because happened when there was barely any wind around.

Contacted Support for help.

2017-5-20
Use props
Topsurfer
New

Germany

Your shakes are really heavy :-(
Thats not funny, DJI  :-(
2017-5-21
Use props
wickedal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366850 ft
United Kingdom

It seems like I found the source of the problem in my case.

Basically those vibrations happen when the Mavic jumps a tiny bit. But since it was recording video with very short shutter speed (usually above 1/1000th/sec) it emphasised the bump and created those artefact.

Now that I've used it with the PolarPro Cinema filters and am being able to shoot with 1/50th-100th/sec shutter speed, it removed this artefact. Only noticed this one hiccup, but it was very subtle compared to the ones before using the filter. This one shouldn't even be to hard to remove in post if needed to.

2017-5-21
Use props
noob
lvl.2

Singapore

wickedal Posted at 2017-5-21 10:49
It seems like I found the source of the problem in my case.

Basically those vibrations happen when the Mavic jumps a tiny bit. But since it was recording video with very short shutter speed (usually above 1/1000th/sec) it emphasised the bump and created those artefact.

That's wierd.  Mine started on my 16th flight yesterday, AFTER I installed a 2nd gen PolarPro's Shutter Collection ND filter (putting on any filter for the first time), and I had thought that it might have been the slower shutterspeed that had caused this.  Didn't notice any jitters on the 17th flight which was immediately after I changed batteries.  I also thought the jitters could be due to the gimbal calibration that I did for the first (and only) time since I bought the Mavic, just before flight 16.  Before that, everything had worked fine.
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules