Anyway to block or hide certain user responses
1109 15 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

is there any way to ignore or block certain users so you can't see what they have posted? I have be an individual who is giving flippant responses to some of my questions and comments and would like to ignore or hide his posts, Is it possible?
2015-3-8
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nope. The best you can do is report that person to an admin -- if they are doing something wrong. Just click the "Report" link under the applicable posts.
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Also, don't even respond to the poster, just click on report.
2015-3-8
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Kind of like Monopoly..Do not pass go...Go straight to jail
2015-3-8
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

rdc, i hear you man.  sometimes people have to not just say 'here is your answer', but rather feel better (for some unknown reason) saying 'here is your answer and by the way you are a dumbass' (they dont directly say this, but more do it with the tone of their responses).

when it happens, while you cant really do anything about it, just picture them as shown below, it will at least give you a good laugh:

2015-3-8
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

Just report. That's all I do. I have noticed that the odd one has been deleted after reporting.

I started to respond to that particular post you are referring to but decided just to report it and click oppose.

Regards

Guy
2015-3-8
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I would never click on the opposition button as this is an open forum and everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Its a fact of life that all people are different and see things from a different perspective, that's what makes a good discussion.
Life would be very boring if we all flowed one person like sheep...
I think if there was a "blocking" feature it would cause more confusion than its worth, trying to understand some posts are hard enough already, without having to fill in any blanks.
I have used the report button for the add spam, but as above, would never use it to try and get a legitimate user in trouble.
As others have said, if you cant respond in a clear concise manor, then just ignore the post and move on, most threads that descend into personal attacks are deleted by DJI anyway.
2015-3-9
Use props
Guy
lvl.4

Australia

Not only can you not do that but they can also find and haunt you.

Regards

Guy
2015-3-9
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

If somebody replies to your post and you don't want to be notified with a "PM" entry, you can block that. Go to your PMs, and click on "shield" on the specific person.
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-3-10 00:51
If somebody replies to your post and you don't want to be notified with a "PM" entry, you can block  ...

PM's don't work on the DJI forum.
2015-3-9
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-10 00:53
PM's don't work on the DJI forum.

I know jerry, hence the "quotes".

I mean the PM that you just gave me, and I'm now passing back to you, i.e. a notification that somebody answered to your post.
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

markus2015 Posted at 2015-3-10 00:55
I know jerry, hence the "quotes".

I mean the PM that you just gave me, and I'm now passing back t ...

Gotcha     
2015-3-9
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

I should have rather said "My Posts" instead of PM though, but it'S under the same tab.
2015-3-9
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could have stopped at the first response

Right -- the answer is no.
2015-3-9
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

I've carefully read through every response. Is it safe to assume the answer is "no"?
2015-3-9
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-3-10 12:05
You could have stopped at the first response

Right -- the answer is no.

Yeah your right but while English is my only language I suck at it ..lol. My reading comprehension skills are awful. Thanks for all the info. Guess I'll just have to manually ignore certain user responses.
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules