Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji wired fpv kit not working
3402 7 2014-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stewartlee
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi guys,

Need some newbie help if possible please.

Just fitted a dji hub, Osd mini, avl58 transmitter and a black pearl monitor after a lot of research and a mortal fear of soldering.....

Any way, I am 100% sure it's wired right( I've watch videos for 24 hours straight to make sure) but I'm getting no picture what so ever, the closest I get is a snowy screen with what I assume is the osd display very, very vaguely showing. My monitor has band f only, so from what I have found out this means I have the newest model so where most vids tell you to cycle through 32 channels/bands to get the display I can't get anymore than 7...

Trouble shooting found a tear in the gimbel ribbon, I rejoiced and spent hours fiddling and replacing only to find it made absolutely zero difference to the picture....

So how do I logically go about trouble shooting to locate where the problem lies covering all the new stuff?? Has anyone had the same issue, is there something stupidly obvious I'm missing?????

I'm assuming it's the hub, the transmitter, the monitor(receiver) the wiring, or the antennae.... Could it even be the gimbel itself? But have no idea where to start...

Maybe I should have just got a soldering iron....

Thanks a million in advance.
2014-10-12
Use props
Cloud9
New
United States

I don't have AVL58 personally (I'm using FatShark's version) but the BlackPearl monitor comes in 2 versions. 7 Channel (for FatShark) and 32 Channel (everything else)

Might be a bit of bad news if you're using the AVL58 with the channel 7 version. You may need to exchange it for the 32ch version or get a Fatshark transmitter.

2014-10-12
Use props
stewartlee
lvl.1

Singapore

Thanks so much - now all i have to do is send the monitor back to the states from Singapore...... lol
2014-10-13
Use props
stewartlee
lvl.1

Singapore

OK guys, have swapped out the monitor and got the right channel version. great news is I can now get the IOSD mini signal on the new monitor so Im much happier. Problem is however I've getting absolutely no video feed what so ever.....

Can anyone please help with a workflow on what I should be trouble shooting? I've replaced the ribbon from the gimbal so unless I've completely messed that up I'm stumped. the wiring of the hub to the transmitter is correct, as is the gimbal to the hub and the iosd mini - I know the transmitter is working as I get the iosd display. just think there is something really simple video feed wise im missing.... any bright ideas anyone?
2014-10-25
Use props
Mowgli
New

United Kingdom

stewartlee@link Posted at 2014-10-25 23:27
OK guys, have swapped out the monitor and got the right channel version. great news is I can now get ...

Have just had a similar problem, and found the simple fix.  May not be same problem as you are having, as when I cycled though channels, I did occasionally get some vague picture.  

If you go into the 'Function' settings on the Black Pearl monitor, scroll down to 'video systems' and change  it between PAL and NTSC.  
You need to match up the video standard with the camera's video signal.  Might work, if you haven't already tried this.

2014-11-6
Use props
stewartlee
lvl.1

Singapore

Thanks Mowgli - that is what I had to do to get the IOSD pic - but still no video.....
2014-11-20
Use props
cormacpara
New

United States

Hey folks, I'm having a similar issue but hopefully it may be a easier fix.  After recieving and installinga new 8pin cable I'm finding something is off.  I'm a noob so please excuse.  

The package I got had a few extra jacked style cables that I didn't see a place to use but all I needed was the 8-pin anyway.  The origional cable was shorter and gray and the cable sent was black (not sure if this makes a difference)
2014-12-7
Use props
MatChen23
China

Hi Stewartlee~ I don't know whether this may help or not, but I found an similar problem had been solved. Please check this link out:   The replications from Simon Adam.
2014-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules