Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where is Tahoe_Ed?
2489 20 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

Can you please post your case number that you received from DJI.  I will research and let you know.
Back on the 5th of March, I was asked by Tahoe_Ed for my RMA.

Thanks Tahoe_Ed. Here is my RMA: 02061592733

Robert

On March 5th, I provided Tahoe_Ed my RMA.

I've been polite and patient.

Where is my answer Tahoe_Ed?????????????

If you are going to step up and say or suggest you are going to help, I would expect that you actually do it.

Thanks

Robert

2015-3-8
Use props
Goodwill
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Really? It's been one business day... Give him a break man.
2015-3-8
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Ed is the good guy
2015-3-8
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.1

United States

Agreed, it way to soon... Tahoe Ed is a stand up guy on more then one forum...
2015-3-8
Use props
dbeck
Second Officer

United States

Here as well. Been very responsive, might take a day or two...give the guy some slack...he deals with dozens of this kind of crap all day, not an easy gig
2015-3-8
Use props
SkySight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

Ed rocks and may just be the only person you can actually trust for honesty at DJI I'm told
2015-3-8
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

When you politely ask on zendesk for an update several times and you call their support line only to get a voicemail that says call volumes are so high that you have to call again later or you go onto online chat and they are clueless, it can be very frustrating. I don't know about you people, but I have clients. I don't have time to sit on hold for at times more than 2 hours to speak to someone or keep trying because their products are literally falling out of the sky and everyone is calling in. I paid them money for their product, I expect better customer service. And SkySight, your comment certainly doesn't inspire much confidence if only one person in all of DJI can be trusted.
2015-3-9
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

Bud, all of this should be expected around the launch of a new product. This is not new to DJI or the Inspire 1. From what I've seen, they're doing the best they can under the circumstance.

Be patient and you will be rewarded.
2015-3-9
Use props
Marktho1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-3-9 20:57
Bud, all of this should be expected around the launch of a new product. This is not new to DJI or th ...

This response makes me want to throw up in my mouth... {:3_56:}... Don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative of the help I did receive from Ed and my repair process went very smoothly. What makes me sick is that people want to just brush off the lack of communication and forgive DJI by saying its new to them... This is not their first product release! There were plenty of issues with the phantom and I'm sure as well with the Ronin (don't know about the ronin, I use a MOVI)...my point is as a company they knew issues would arise and they did not do enough to prepare for the issues before the launch. Now that another product is out they are making the same mistakes they made before by not communicating. But I guess it's ok, the average user will forgive them and not expect better... a product is only as good as the support and for that reason the inspire is failing. I love my inspires and I love flying them. I would love them even more if I could get some simple answers from time to time so I am not flying in fear of the next issue... I don't want to bad mouth DJI or anyone forgiving them, I just want to raise the point that if we accept it so will they.
2015-3-9
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

Thank you Marktho1 for seeing it from my viewpoint.
2015-3-9
Use props
todd
lvl.1

United States

Just remember stupidity and ignorance can't be fixed
2015-3-9
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-3-10 08:59
This response makes me want to throw up in my mouth... ... Don't get me wrong, I am very a ...

That's your opinion and you certainly are entitled to it. But if you're "flying in fear" then I would suggest you sell your Inspire and move on to something else that would create less fear in your life.
2015-3-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Robert, when you contacted DJI you were informed that the process would take 3-4 weeks.  The way our system works is that the unit is checked into receiving and then tracked.  The techs are assigned units in the order that they are received.  We do not have a tech check each unit then set it aside until someone else can get to it.  Once the assigned tech takes the unit they have responsibility for it.  They will determine the extent of the damage and what repairs are required.  They may or may not be able to tell what happened.  

I have requested a status of your unit.  Which means their best guess as to when a tech will take a look at it.  I will report back to you.
2015-3-10
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

Thank you Tahoe_Ed. I appreciate you looking into this. I do want to clarify. Here is the conversation from zendesk. Yes, I was told initially it was going to be 3-4 weeks, but I questioned that and then received a response that it was going to be less than that and that the first email was a typo. My issue was it is unclear then how long. Is it 1-2 weeks, if it's not 3-4 weeks. Communication and setting expectations properly is key.

Again, appreciate you looking into this.

J. S.  February 24, 2015 17:05  

Dear Robert Budnikas,

We have checked your unit into Zendesk, our customer support database.

Congratulations! This is the first step in the repair process once we received your product. Next, your unit will be documented in our Repair Software, which the repair technicians use to track their work. This process typically happens the same day your unit is checked in Zendesk. Once that process is done, your product will be placed in line with other repairs, and continually move up until a repair technician services it at a work bench.

Our estimated time of repair is 3-4 weeks from the date of check-in. If you do not receive an email update from the repair team by the 4th week, please call our support team at 818-235-0789, Monday - Friday, 9-5 PST.

We appreciate your patience and thank you for your support of the DJI Product Line.

DJI Service Center North America

DJI North America

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Budnikas  February 25, 2015 14:32  

Really, I have to wait 4 weeks at the end of a 3-4 week repair to find out what is happening???? Seriously!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

D. S.  February 25, 2015 20:02  

Robert,

It appears this is a typo. This being a pro-line part swap, this should be back to you much sooner than 3-4 weeks.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

DJI North America
2015-3-10
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

Just received word that my unit has been repaired and will be shipped out. If Tahoe_Ed made this happen then, a BIG THANK YOU goes out to him.

Cheers
2015-3-10
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.1

Netherlands

Wish there are more Tahoe_Ed's working for DJI.I Always look for any answer he's given.Much more helpfull then DJI chat or contact.
Sorry to say this Tahoe_Ed,because you're one of them,but your answers mean a lot for me.
Thanks and keep going on!
2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.3
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

You know I'm glad to see dji got your bird back to you repaired. But in dji ' s defence I don't see where a 3 week turn around is that bad of a deal...I'd be grateful I wasn't just out of a 3k piece of equiptment. Maybe dji should start sending out rental birds until people get there inspires fixed
2015-3-10
Use props
christensonphot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 392129 ft

United States

budnikasr, You might owe Tahoe_Ed an apology for getting on his case. He handle this fairly quickly and professionally considering how you approached the subject. A little patience goes along way.
2015-3-10
Use props
budnikasr
lvl.3

Canada

My beef isn't with Tahoe_Ed. It's with their process and Christensonphot, if you took the time to read the conflicting information I received from DJI support and if you knew the frustration dealing with Chat support then you'd feel the same way. In fact, many do. I gave him kudos for his help, so if you are the least bit educated, you'll understand I have shown him the respect he deserves.

I'm glad it is probably shipping in the next couple of days and will probably be back in the next couple of weeks.
2015-3-10
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.1

United States

You know bud has a point. In fact, my LHS owner, who sold me my I1 flat told me DJI is the worst supplier he has to deal with. In fairness he did also say, he believes support  is getting a little better for the customer/end user.  LHS name withheld.
2015-3-11
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.1

United States

My unit made it to the repair office on March 3rd. I've yet to hear an email or message back from them telling me that they at least have my unit. So my messages are still "open" and no word on what is going on. Tahoe-Ed can you help?
2015-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules