Controller Beeps Repeatedly w/ Red Light After First Use of Day
1555 9 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RgrDat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 680679 ft
United States

Maybe I'm missing something (and to be honest, I hope that I am and it's an easy fix), but every time I fly my I2 for the first time any given day (and sometimes others as well), it does as follows: Initially it powers up and works appropriately, but then when I land, power off, change batteries, and then power everything back on, the remote will beep incesently and flash the red light at the bottom usually indicating it's not connected.  Furthermore, this happens IMMEDIATELY upon powering it on (regardless of the order i.e. aircraft first, RC first, ect).  In other words, It wouldn't have time to connect to the aircraft anyway even though it shouldn't do that then either.  Am I being a dummy or what?  Can anybody tell me why this is happening and/or more importantly, what I can do to stop it?  Sometimes it prevents me from flying because no matter how many times I turn the sucker on, it still does it after it starts.  Sometimes if I wait like 20 min it'll work normally again, but there are many instances where I do not have nor want the wait that long.  

*I've unplugged/replugged cables, flipped switches, and any thing else I can think of but to no avail.  

Thanks.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you getting any error messages in the Go4 app? Could you happen to provide a small video of how it's behaving? Is this happening right out of the box, or is it after a firmware update or hard landing?
2017-5-19
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

I will provide a video shortly, but I've never had a hard landing and it makes no difference if the DJI Go app is running or not.  The beeping starts literally within 3 seconds of the second button press (and the first two are required to turn it on).  It doesn't seem to be related to the app or the aircraft.  But like I said, video coming soon.
2017-5-19
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

two things to check.

1) make sure there is no other APP running in the background. If it is kill it reboot both R/C and I2. I have seen similar when i have used the DJI and switched to Litchi and found the APP still in background when i went back to DJI.
2) i assume you have reloaded the I2 firmware so try a hard reboot on the R/C (you will need to relink after you have done that)
2017-5-21
Use props
Drone Tech Aeri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2951900 ft
United States

Try a stick re-calibration and let us know.
2017-5-26
Use props
Mrgreygoose
lvl.1
United States

Make sure your on Master mode and do a stick calibration and that should work it happened to me yesterday on my slave remote. So I gave it Master control did the calibration and back to slave and started working just fine.
2017-5-26
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

I've been super busy but I'll try that today...thanks guys.  Keep you updated.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans9741e35c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drone Tech Aeri Posted at 2017-5-26 19:35
Try a stick re-calibration and let us know.

bingo , thats what will fix this
2017-5-28
Use props
fans9741e35c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1861201 ft
  • >>>
United States

RgrDat Posted at 2017-5-27 04:36
I've been super busy but I'll try that today...thanks guys.  Keep you updated.

re calibrate the R.C.  it WILL fix this
2017-5-28
Use props
RgrDat
lvl.2
United States

fans9741e35c Posted at 2017-5-28 20:54
re calibrate the R.C.  it WILL fix this

Appreciate it.  I'm working at a practice that's an hour from my house and haven't had time to do anything.  I will try and find the time this week to do what you (and others) have suggested.  Thanks for the help and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to follow up with you guys.  Cheers.
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules