Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAA REGISTRATION STUCK DOWN
1261 6 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JYD
lvl.1
United States

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology ... ation-rule-47514096

"A federal appeals court on Friday struck down a federal rule that required owners of recreational drones and other model aircraft to register the devices with the Federal Aviation Administration."
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Kara Calvert, Executive Director of the Drone Manufacturers Alliance:      "DMA is studying the implications of today's registration-related court ruling, but believes the existing system has worked well to protect the interests of safe and responsible pilots as well as the interests of society at large. As we wait for word on whether the FAA will appeal this ruling, we hope all sides see the benefit of a reasonable and minimally restrictive form of basic regulation that has helped make drone operations in America overwhelmingly safe. We look forward to working with policymakers on a long-term legislative solution.”
2017-5-22
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I think it's not a good thing they shut this system down, as it was one of the easiest and user-friendliest systems worldwide to be able to fly your drone without much administrative hassle. It is a pity that even for great-working systems, there is someone who tries to erode and we will all end up with a much more complicated system after all.
2017-5-23
Use props
SFOPhantom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 718123 ft
  • >>>
United States

While we all get  the modellers have never been the problem as well as the people who really love the aviation industry.

Changing this ruling is understandable and the FAA should not have messed with the 336 frame work. Now that this is in the open part 107 is to stay. The modellers are community based and covered
by there AMA codex.

Where does this leave the normal consumer who is not an AMA member or community based organization?  This brings to mind the soccer moms who will use now the new SPARK to fly over people (there own) and fly where ever they want. Do you really believe that Best Buy, Walmart .... will teach them what and what not to do?  NOPE

The FAA will come down now even harder on the new flyers which is really bad. I will be worse than the 5 dollars for the registration.
2017-5-29
Use props
Storm Crow
New
United States

While yes the process was easy registering my Phantom 4 Pro and it was only $5, that is not the problem. I guess my problem comes with park rangers and FAA agents viewing videos on YouTube and other social media platforms and then issuing fines based on the video content only and not based on an actual encounter. This is like digging through someones closet and finding dirt. Also, I promise you they are recording each and every flight and all the specs associated with each flight. If the DJI app can save and show you the specs of each flight then certainly just like all our cell phone calls, text messages and pictures are illegally recorded and captured by our own spy agencies, the NSA has your flights recorded. I'm certain of that. I fly safe and am new to all this (all the more reason to fly extra safe) but I do feel that the regulations make it very confusing and very difficult to fly in this great big atmosphere easily without fear of big brother.
2017-7-11
Use props
fansc91cf1e0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2398 ft
United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-5-23 00:24
I think it's not a good thing they shut this system down, as it was one of the easiest and user-friendliest systems worldwide to be able to fly your drone without much administrative hassle. It is a pity that even for great-working systems, there is someone who tries to erode and we will all end up with a much more complicated system after all.

Anything that gets into the government's hands will become a mess very shortly.  Nothing but a bunch of morons.
2017-7-15
Use props
Duane652000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319429 ft
United States

What am I missing here.  Now that it is obviously an over reach of the FAA, to require drones to register with them, how is that a bad thing for the drone industry and hobbyists?

Seems like they have been told to back off as they have no jurisdiction below 500 feet for hobbyists.
2017-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules