Going beyond Beginner Mode
1292 4 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigPic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22700 ft
United States

Well I fliiped the switch to OFF and took off!  And to tell the truth I forgot that I had flipped the switch off Beginner Mode! I flipped it and then proceeded to do a lot of checking of settings and looking for ones i had wanted to try etc. Then I just did a launch like I had been over and over for the past few days.

When I reached three hundred feet in a few seconds I knew something was diffent. Then I remembered I was not in Beginner Mode. You have to know that I have a very limited launch area, a rectangle about 8ft by 40ft. Si I am always alert about that. I always want to get 30-40ft into the air as soon as possible incase of a gust of wind or GPS hiccup.

I have seen my drone drop 75 feet in a couple of seconds, at least thats what the DJI Go app said and it did look that way. Then it seems to try to recover its altitude. Anyone know what may have happened there?

Also I know that wind can easily blow me 15yds off couse pretty easily when I am 100 feet up. Luckily I have learned to recover pretty well but often in baby-step mode.

I saw today that next week I will need to update everything and re-aquire (what is the term?) the drone by the controller for the first time again.

I get paniced sometimes when the DJI Go app flashes some cryptic message on my screen right before i am about to launch!

Is there a way to upload pictures or video to this DJI Forum site?

My motto is : "GO HIGH VERY FAST" Then I feel much safer.
2017-5-19
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

"I have seen my drone drop 75 feet in a couple of seconds, at least thats what the DJI Go app said and it did look that way. Then it seems to try to recover its altitude. Anyone know what may have happened there?"

That is not possible, it can only drop 20 foot in a couple of seconds, a little more in sports mode.

Maybe you should upload the log to: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/  (follow the instructions on the page) and somebody may be able to answer your question...

Also the Phantom 4 should normally be able to cope with a lot of wind before being blown more than a few cm out of position...
2017-5-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can set your maximum distance if it makes you  feel more confident . ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you're posting a YouTube or Vimeo link, then you could just copy/paste the link. If you want to add pictures, then you would hit the 'advanced' tab and select the picture icon to upload the picture.
2017-5-19
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22700 ft
United States

I will be posting to Vimeo or YouTube in the future.

I feel as if I have really accomplished something since I have not broken any propellers since the first day or second day  (hit some bricks while the drone was basically on the ground). I bought 16 new propellers and have not even opened the packages yet.

Looking at all my flight data, it does not seem to be accurate, and also contradicts in some places.  Flying 19,000 feet at  a height of 1ft? LOL
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules