Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Connection to P4P
2764 20 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

The Goggles manual says to connect the Goggles to the micro USB port of the R/C.
Does it means a tablet or phone can still be used (using the usual R/C standard USB port) at the same time ?
Cannot find any YT video with Goggles connected with a P4P
2017-5-19
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Ulysse,

Yes, that is an interesting question.  It is looking like the goggles have a very limited application.  Sad, because they had such a far reaching possibility.  Maybe that is why it took so long for them to finally bite the bullet and release them.  They really are for the Mavic but can be used with the P4 series if you do not use any other Android or iOS device.  Bummer!

Here in the US, you really need a spotter to fly legally with the DJI goggles and a P4 series aircraft.  The Inspire series and P4 + (plus) series can use the HDMI cable.  They all have the native 1080p HDMI ports.  

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-20
Use props
Ulysse
First Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Well, if I cannot use my tablet at the same time these Goggles are not for me : having access to the map and all parameters during a flight is mandatory for me.
Or I'll have to upgrade my R/C with the HDMI output module and connect the Goggles with an HDMI cable.
Regarding the spotter, I have mine on almost each flight : simply because these quads are flying cameras and to produce something nice, you have to look at the tablet almost all the time.

Anyway, the manual clearly states to connect the Goggles to the R/C MINI USB port (which is not the port used by tablet/phone).
2017-5-20
Use props
fansfcf64671
New
Flight distance : 6224 ft
United States

Not sure if I'm doing this right, But I do have a question. I have the Dji Goggles, and I have the P4+. I have tried to set up the goggles using assistant 2 but when I connect the goggles to the computer, all I see is the GLASS pro. I cant do anything with theses and so far it looks as I wasted $449.00 and I'm NOT very happy... Can anyone help me with situation please ?
2017-7-8
Use props
fans2eb5276e
New
United States

Ulysse Posted at 2017-5-20 02:21
Well, if I cannot use my tablet at the same time these Goggles are not for me : having access to the map and all parameters during a flight is mandatory for me.
Or I'll have to upgrade my R/C with the HDMI output module and connect the Goggles with an HDMI cable.
Regarding the spotter, I have mine on almost each flight : simply because these quads are flying cameras and to produce something nice, you have to look at the tablet almost all the time.

You go into the video transmission settings and flip the option for dual screens.
2017-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ulysse Posted at 2017-5-20 02:21

With my P4 the Goggles connect to the standard USB 'B' port on the RC. The only way I can see of dual display would be to have the HDMI module. With the Goggles connected to the HDMI, and other display device running DJI go 4 plugged into USB 'B'.

The manual is not quite accurate. After initially withdrawing support for the P4 when initially launched, the Goggles do support the P4. The manual has not been updated to show this. I have tested the Gimbal Head Tracking which works. I have not yet had the chance to test the Flight Head Tracking. Other settings and functions appear to work as expected. Just need to get myself a pair of reading glasses now :-)
2017-7-15
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansfcf64671 Posted at 2017-7-8 08:41
Not sure if I'm doing this right, But I do have a question. I have the Dji Goggles, and I have the P4+. I have tried to set up the goggles using assistant 2 but when I connect the goggles to the computer, all I see is the GLASS pro. I cant do anything with theses and so far it looks as I wasted $449.00 and I'm NOT very happy... Can anyone help me with situation please ?

Your computer does have an internet connection, you will also need to log into your account in Assistant 2 (lower left hand corner of window). Then Click on DJI Goggles Icon and all the rest should be reasonably obvious.
2017-7-15
Use props
Alleycat2112
New
Flight distance : 8120 ft
Canada

I  receive my goggles in the mail and I'm very disappointed that it does not come with the cable with a mini port on one end to connect to the controller. Why is that? Why did they not supply a cable that fits the HDMI module? Just my thoughts
2017-7-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alleycat2112 Posted at 2017-7-31 17:52
I  receive my goggles in the mail and I'm very disappointed that it does not come with the cable with a mini port on one end to connect to the controller. Why is that? Why did they not supply a cable that fits the HDMI module? Just my thoughts

My Googles connect to the USB 'B' port (full size) on my Phantom 4 controller. A cable was included for this, there is also a micro HDMI to full HDMI cable.
2017-8-1
Use props
fansa7dc5944
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Hmm... carefully read the manual. It says connect the cable to micro usb port of the Goggles. The micro usb port on rc is for firmware update only.
2017-8-10
Use props
Unhygienix
New

Malaysia

I have recently purchased the P4 Pro and the DJI Goggles. Both work perfectly, however I am having trouble being able to use the controller (with my iPhone) and the goggles at the same time.

Controller has iPhone plugged into USB and goggles I used the provided cable with the adapter (USB to Micro USB) from the P4 and connected to controller (essentially Micro USB to Micro USB), however I couldn't get the goggles to connect. Controller with iPhone was working fine.

Its probably a simple thing I am missing, hopefully someone here will help.

Cheers
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unhygienix Posted at 2017-8-13 03:20
I have recently purchased the P4 Pro and the DJI Goggles. Both work perfectly, however I am having trouble being able to use the controller (with my iPhone) and the goggles at the same time.

Controller has iPhone plugged into USB and goggles I used the provided cable with the adapter (USB to Micro USB) from the P4 and connected to controller (essentially Micro USB to Micro USB), however I couldn't get the goggles to connect. Controller with iPhone was working fine.

It is a simple thing, you can only use the full size USB on the RC to connect to.

To have both working at the same time you would need to fit the 'HDMI' module to your GL 300F RC, and connect controlling device to the full sized USB and additional video display device to the 'HDMI' port.

In practice this would most likely be your iPhone connected to full sized USB and Goggles to HDMI; and you'd still need an adaptor to use the HDMI cable supplied with the Goggles.
2017-8-13
Use props
SerialSapist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5387 ft
Malaysia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 04:18
It is a simple thing, you can only use the full size USB on the RC to connect to.

To have both working at the same time you would need to fit the 'HDMI' module to your GL 300F RC, and connect controlling device to the full sized USB and additional video display device to the 'HDMI' port.

Thank you for the reply. Thought it might be the case where I have to purchase the HDMI module and attach.
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SerialSapist Posted at 2017-8-13 05:06
Thank you for the reply. Thought it might be the case where I have to purchase the HDMI module and attach.

The manual is slightly misleading, page 11, the first paragraph in the connecting other aircraft mentions connecting to micro USB or HDMI. The table directly below is correct, in that the P4 is a USB connect, with the Pro and Advanced shown as only supporting live-view via HDMI.
2017-8-13
Use props
SerialSapist
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5387 ft
Malaysia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 05:24
The manual is slightly misleading, page 11, the first paragraph in the connecting other aircraft mentions connecting to micro USB or HDMI. The table directly below is correct, in that the P4 is a USB connect, with the Pro and Advanced shown as only supporting live-view via HDMI.

Without a tablet or iPhone connected and flying by goggles, does your flight data/details still get recorded to the DJI GO 4 app or online?
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SerialSapist Posted at 2017-8-13 07:36
Without a tablet or iPhone connected and flying by goggles, does your flight data/details still get recorded to the DJI GO 4 app or online?

It does generate a flight log, but there has been (I've not tried for a week or two) a problem in uploading flight record to DJI Cloud.
2017-8-13
Use props
Alleycat2112
New
Flight distance : 8120 ft
Canada

Thank you everyone for your information. Sorry for the  late reply I've been away on business for a couple weeks. What I meant was I can connect the cable  (micro hdmi)  to the goggles but the other end is a full-size HDMI when the controller needs a mini HDMI which it does not come with and you need an extra adapter. The main issue I'm having is if I put the goggles into the HDMI port and then hook  up my iPad to the USB port they will not work together as it says there is a weak transmission signal and they won't function properly. They are set up for link simultaneously  and each one will work fine individually but not if they are both connected at the same time. I have unhooked it and went back to factory firmware and reinstalled and update it again and it still does not work. Did I get a faulty unit?  I have talk to some certified repair shops and they have never heard of this issue before. Has anyone else experienced any of this?
2017-8-20
Use props
Pistonburn
New
Flight distance : 381631 ft
United States

I was under the impression that the person with the controller and the screen would fly the drone and the person with the goggles could control camera movement. Guess I was wrong. Also I need to buy the HDMI module and attach to my controller before they will work simultaneously? Thinking of sending them back
2017-8-27
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pistonburn Posted at 2017-8-27 11:11
I was under the impression that the person with the controller and the screen would fly the drone and the person with the goggles could control camera movement. Guess I was wrong. Also I need to buy the HDMI module and attach to my controller before they will work simultaneously? Thinking of sending them back

I could fly my P4 visually using direct visual line of sight, and my friend wearing goggles could control the gimbal using goggles, goggles connected to P4 via USB cable. Obviously this only works when I could see the aircraft. But as most countries rules say that VLOS is required then it shouldn't be a problem most of the time.
2017-8-27
Use props
ZOMBEE
lvl.1
United States

fansfcf64671 Posted at 2017-7-8 08:41

My update only went to 34% and stayed there for a long time, I disconnected the USB and relaunched the assistant and the update had completed.  I have the P4+ with the HDMI module, but I can only connect the goggles with the USB.  The HDMI module worked with a Glyph, but DJI goggles are not detected.
2017-9-13
Use props
ZOMBEE
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 04:18

I have P4P with goggles and HDMI module.  I have HDMI turned on in the app, I go to HDMI in the goggles, but it shows disconnected.  The goggles work fine on USB but nothing on HDMI using the supplied HDMI cable and a DJI adapter for mini HDMI.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules