Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NFZ after firmware upgrade
1784 5 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans87d1c6fa
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327497 ft
Australia

Hi I just got a mavic yesterday (been flying a phantom 2 for a couple of years), wentt for a beginner mode test flight to check everything ok, came home and did the firmware upgrade...

sitting in my apartment in surfers paradise and now im getting cannot take off NFZ etc message! When to the unlocking map on the DJI website, and cant unlock anything in Australia?!!! So why am is my drone locked in a NFZ?!?!?!?

Did a quick search and tried to find how to turn of GEO, but i cannot find it in settings in the app?

What do i do???? Where do i turn GEO off???
2017-5-19
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

This may help:

2017-5-19
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

It seems that the NFZ message appears (on the remote) as long as the drone is not able to acquire a GPS signal. If that is what you are experiencing, then it is either a bug that DJI has not fixed in the last updates. Or it is a feature because DJI does not want us to fly drones in NFZ areas by blocking the GPS signal or by taking off faster than the dron can acquire GPS signal.
2017-5-19
Use props
fans87d1c6fa
lvl.3
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-19 20:22
This may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WGWDx8oGP0

unlocking is unavailable in the australian region, and the nearest airport is over 10 km ...
2017-5-21
Use props
fans87d1c6fa
lvl.3
Australia

Dronoob Posted at 2017-5-19 22:30
It seems that the NFZ message appears (on the remote) as long as the drone is not able to acquire a GPS signal. If that is what you are experiencing, then it is either a bug that DJI has not fixed in the last updates. Or it is a feature because DJI does not want us to fly drones in NFZ areas by blocking the GPS signal or by taking off faster than the dron can acquire GPS signal.

i think you are correct!  it works fine outdoors. I dont think i ever will, but i was under the impression you are meant to be able to fly indoors and/or without gps?
2017-5-21
Use props
adiru
lvl.3
United States

fans87d1c6fa Posted at 2017-5-21 23:11
i think you are correct!  it works fine outdoors. I dont think i ever will, but i was under the impression you are meant to be able to fly indoors and/or without gps?

In later firmware versions, they made it so that by DEFAULT if it doesn't get GPS (such as indoors) it automatically ASSUMES it is in an NFZ.

Previously it was the other way around.

Downgrading to firmware 400 will fix your problem

http://forum.dji.com/thread-96247-1-1.html
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules