Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replacement P3P - initialisation
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jamie_Mwendwa
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Long story but previous P3P now residing at the bottom of the river Thames.  Finally received my "aircraft only" P3P replacement and want to get going.

I remember from starting up before that getting the correct update off the website and into your aircraft is very important and getting the RC updated also.

With the RC previously linked to the drowned aircraft any recommendations regarding how to update firmware:

1.  How to check whether "new" aircraft is new and not a reconditioned thing  
2.  Do I leap straight to the most recent firmware update or do I need to run through all versions?
3.  Any other things to check before hitting the website, beeeeep beep-beep stress!?

Cheers

Jamie
2017-5-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jamie,

Chances are you will have a reconditioned aircraft.  But, I would not worry about that if I were you because it is still quite a capable aircraft otherwise they would not sent it to you.  If you have to update firmware, it is always best to go incrementally and be sure that you are using a compatible version of DJI GO.  If you need a source for firmware and apps, go to PhantomHelp.com.

Remember that DJI is introducing new DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps in a week or so that are mandatory.  Be sure to be up to date by then.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jamie,

Sorry for not giving you the first step.  Be sure to get a stable set of firmware and app operational.  Check with the downloadable Release Notes to see what sets are suggested.  They are listed for each set.  

Also, at the earliest opportunity link the aircraft with the remote controller.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-20
Use props
SimonH78
Captain
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A careful visual inspection but the Go app will tell you what you need to know about its firmware condition and any log details. Would imagine it will be up to date with firmware though. Just fire it up and see what its telling you first! - No flying though!!
2017-5-20
Use props
Temblor
Banned
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-20
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States