Manual Focus Issue
1526 6 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

When attempting to use manual focus out to infinity, image is badly out of focus. Any tips or insights appreciated.

2017-5-20
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
United States

Okay, I have figured it out with more experience with manual focus. What I have found is the on screen control for adjusting manual focus is completely counter intuitive, backwards IMO.
For example, I thought in order to adjust to full infinity, scroll down on wheel towards the infinity icon and the little white bars on wheel move towards it. What I found is the exact opposite.
If you want to set to infinity, scroll from bottom to top towards the macro icon (flower) until all the little white bars all move up towards it. Now you are set to infinity range.
Maybe it only does this on mine but this definitely seems backwards to me!
2017-5-21
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
United States

More tests. Focus on close up object 10-12" away comes into focus when fully set toward macro end. In the air focusing on distant object over 100 yards out if you go fully to infinity side it will still be blurry, but comes into focus closer to middle of range which seems odd to me. Any other peoples camera behave this way?
Thanks for feedback.
2017-5-21
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
United States

Parkker Posted at 2017-5-21 16:36
Okay, I have figured it out with more experience with manual focus. What I have found is the on screen control for adjusting manual focus is completely counter intuitive, backwards IMO.
For example, I thought in order to adjust to full infinity, scroll down on wheel towards the infinity icon and the little white bars on wheel move towards it. What I found is the exact opposite.
If you want to set to infinity, scroll from bottom to top towards the macro icon (flower) until all the little white bars all move up towards it. Now you are set to infinity range.

It is and it took me few tries to figure it out too. Upside down!
2017-5-21
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

I use the AFC to focus a subject with constrast about 30  metres (90 feet) away, once it is in focus, I switch to mnanual and it is locked.  Swiping the tablet or phone does not modify the focusing.  AFC will de-focus so I do not use it and tap to focus is rubbish.
2017-5-21
Use props
Bond006
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9908 ft
United States

Parkker Posted at 2017-5-21 18:51
More tests. Focus on close up object 10-12" away comes into focus when fully set toward macro end. In the air focusing on distant object over 100 yards out if you go fully to infinity side it will still be blurry, but comes into focus closer to middle of range which seems odd to me. Any other peoples camera behave this way?
Thanks for feedback.

the icons were mismatched, the flower should be macro, it is not it is infinity and vice versa with the infinity icon
2017-5-21
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
United States

Bond006 Posted at 2017-5-21 20:23
I use the AFC to focus a subject with constrast about 30  metres (90 feet) away, once it is in focus, I switch to mnanual and it is locked.  Swiping the tablet or phone does not modify the focusing.  AFC will de-focus so I do not use it and tap to focus is rubbish.

Thanks for tip I will try switching to manual after AF like you said I really do not like tapping on screen or even pressing C1 as sometimes it can bee seen in video as camera visibly works to reset focus.
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules