Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom Battery Indicator turns RED Sometimes?
1035 2 2015-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bugman
New

United States

P2V+ 3.0, purchased in 12/14.

Have flown probably 30+ flights with no MAJOR flyaway-type issues (although a couple slight scares - but that's for another thread).

Have noticed several times that the battery indicator (the number & % sign for the battery in the bird) will sometimes turn RED on me.  

Not just when bettery level gets low, but when level is still quite high.  Have seen it happen at 85% battery available - I'll look down & indicator will be red rather than blue.  (Have also seen at 60-ish%, 40-ish%, etc).  Battery warning is set to 20%.

It turns gray when wifi signal is lost, and a couple of times I thought maybe that wifi signal being lost) was related to it going red also, but I've since seen it happen while wifi signal was def still connected.

So far, it has always been just momentary - red for 5-10 seconds, then back to blue, and flights have been completed without actual incident.

Any ideas?
2015-3-9
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.4

United States

I've noticed the same thing since I've been flying in cold temps. I never saw it while flying in warmer weather. It seems to happen when the battery is discharging faster than is expected. Are you flying in the cold as well?
2015-3-9
Use props
bugman
New

United States

I'm in GA... some days it has been cold (for here anyway) - in the 40's I'd say... but some days it has NOT been cold - in the 60's.

On one occasion the battery did indeed drop drastically, from about 80% to about 30% in just a matter of 2-3 minutes.  I was about 500' high when it started and I headed down as quickly as she would go.  I was able to get her on the ground just in time with literally about 3% battery left!

Now that I think about it, it's possible that these instances may have all been using one particular battery.  I have them numbered, I'll start watching closely to see if it happens with any of my 4 batts or just one.

bugman
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules