X Channel calibration failure
825 9 2015-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I just purchased a P2V+V3.  I did all the set-ups and calibrations as described.  The X channel will not calibrate properly and as such the camera constantly drifts down and will not respond.
The calibration scale is as follows:
I i i i i i I i i i i i I
and it should line up in the middle when cal is done.  When I calibrate, the slider will not move to the far right, only part way:
I i i i i i I i i i x i I
so when calibration is done, it rests just left of center:
I i i i i x I i i i i i I
and as such the camera continuously drifts down unless I apply upward pressure to move the slider to the middle - then the camera will stop moving and stay at whatever position it is at as long as I keep the pressure on the wheel.  If I let go, it continues to slowly drift to the complete down position and stays there and does not respond at all. How can I fix this?  This is a brand new unit.
2015-3-9
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I just submitted a query to support.  Is it okay to fly the unit with the camera like this?  I just want to fly, I am not worried about photo/vid. right now but I also don't want to damage the gimbal.
2015-3-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

ok so you did the calibration with the RC assistant software, correct?
Did you try a direct hardware RC calibration without the use of the software?
2015-3-9
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-3-10 02:10
ok so you did the calibration with the RC assistant software, correct?
Did you try a direct hardware ...

Yes, I used DJI's software and the scales above in my post are accurate.  That is how it responds no matter how many times I do the cal.  How do you do a direct cal without the software?  Any help would be appreciated as I am anxious to fly, but not at the expense of my gimbal.
2015-3-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

check this link
2015-3-9
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Thank you.  I will try that when I get home!  I didn't know this could be done so it never came up in my searches.
2015-3-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-10 03:13
Thank you.  I will try that when I get home!  I didn't know this could be done so it never came up  ...

Phantom transmitters didn't have USB ports some time ago so you had to do it directly,  they still maintain that calibration option but fail to mention it in their documentation and do not reflect newer models on their Wiki Page
Luckily some users had been more proactive in that regard
2015-3-9
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-3-10 03:25
Phantom transmitters didn't have USB ports some time ago so you had to do it directly,  they still  ...

Many, many thanks!  It worked like a charm the first time.  The software cals worked as they should and no more drift in the camera!  I printed that procedure and put in Phantom book of docs for future reference.
2015-3-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

nrgwise@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-10 04:25
Many, many thanks!  It worked like a charm the first time.  The software cals worked as they shoul ...

I'm just a messenger, thank the one that took the time to make the modified instructions
2015-3-9
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Well then thanks go to "w-nils" for the original post and 'gil' for the linked thread and 'PanamonCreel' for being the messenger.
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules