DJI Go is asking me to land Phantom 4 Pro from 25 feet
847 5 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BigPic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22700 ft
United States

The last couple of days the DJI Go 4 app is asking me to land from 25 feet off the ground, as if I were 3.9 feet off the ground. To this suggests it would go down 3.9 feet and shut off, then plunge to the ground from 21 feet.

So I said Cancel on the shutdown pop-up box. Then I jus landed myself from 25 feet.

Can someone explain this to me ? Is it due to some know cause or some known issue?

I have synced my flight data.

Also, in looking at my flight logs it says my top altitude is over 7,000 feet. My local elevation is about 760 I think, so something doesn't look right .
2017-5-20
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
United States

To clarify I push the lauch button, launch, fly, descend to near home, push the land button on screen and it descends, then while up there around 25 feet is says Confirm to land, from 3.9 feet, but I am actually 25 feet up, so I cancel and land manually.
2017-5-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BigPic Posted at 2017-5-20 13:59
To clarify I push the lauch button, launch, fly, descend to near home, push the land button on screen and it descends, then while up there around 25 feet is says Confirm to land, from 3.9 feet, but I am actually 25 feet up, so I cancel and land manually.

You should be OK, the barometer which gives altitude readings can 'fluctuate' at times. The aircraft will descend until it can descend no more, then shut down motors (hold left stick down for three seconds when landed, do NOT use CSC to shut off motors).
2017-5-20
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

BigPic Posted at 2017-5-20 13:59

What type of ground are you landing on? What does the VPS say your height is at (found on the lower right hand part of the screen - it changes from distance from you to VPS when it is able to see the ground)?  I believe 25 feet is within the range of the VPS and it should be able to "see" and ping the ground with the sonar at that height.. You MAY possibly need to calibrate your VPS sensors (through DJI Assistant 2 on your PC/Mac).  Aardvark is right though, the barometer is not the most reliable at accurate height readings at times (especially especially when it comes to different weather conditions).
2017-5-20
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
United States

Broad daylight, landing on a cement walkway next to grass and trees. I was afraid it was going to drop out of the sky if I confirmed a landing.
2017-5-20
Use props
BigPic
lvl.1
United States

So now I have see I will not drop out of the sky but it is a little unnerving when you are used to doing this a t about 2 feet
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules