Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fly Away - throttle is stuck
2403 13 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MerlBox
New

Philippines

I am new to this.. I flown the drone before and it worked out fine and I'm confident to fly it around at this point.. But at some point from last time we went to bohol, it behave like this.. I thought it was too windy and looks like it was flown away from the wind going up.. I tried to fly it again earlier today and the same results.. When trying to hover the drone it seems to struggle thought it was not really windy.. I double checked the calibration and turn off and re calibrate it again and lights are flashing green again.. To my knowledge, green means a go with this drone.. So when I try to press throttle up.. It seems to get going even though I pushed the throttle down already.. Looks like a flyaway is about to happen.. Then I managed to land it but it was VERY hard..
Thoughts on what really happened? Any suggestion how I fix my issue? Thank you in advance..
Drone: Phantom 2 vision plus
Camera: GoPro without gimbal

https://www.facebook.com/merlbox/videos/10155275371898349/
2017-5-21
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

No video is available.
2017-5-21
Use props
MerlBox
New

Philippines

Don't know where the edit button is located.. So here is the link of the video on youtube:
2017-5-21
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

I can't tell you what's going on but it looks scary especially near the water. Get yourself a phantom 4 a lot less stress.
2017-5-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

A "fly away" is where your AC flies away ignoring your controls and you never see it again.

I'm not clear on what you're flying.  You say it was a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, but you're flying with a Go Pro?  A P2V+ has its own camera.  

It might have been the wind.  I can see the wind blowing because your pant legs are whipping around.  

You might want to read the manual.  It's still available on this site.

2017-5-22
Use props
MerlBox
New

Philippines

From before I used the drone and works fine and this throttling up just happen to me now.. I dont have any issues before.. I got a gopro on it because the camera is damage and its way too expensive for a replacement..
2017-5-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

I would calibrate the IMU.  Advanced calibration.  Make sure the Phantom is perfectly level before you calibrate.  
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you sure it's not a regular P2 and not a Vision +? When was the last time you did an IMU calibration along with the compass calibration?
2017-5-22
Use props
MerlBox
New

Philippines

Yes, this is P2 vision with a gopro attached. Original Gimbal was damaged. I calibrate the compass everytime before I fly or move to a differnt location. IMU not yet..
2017-5-22
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Just a shot in the dark here .
Not to sound condescending . I understand how frustrating these moments can be .

Treat the quad as though it were new .
Run through any and all calibrations . Basic as well as IMU Advanced .
After advanced calibration , while still on calibration screen , verify x , y , and  z compass values .
x , y , or z should show + or - 300 .
If quad was placed close to a speaker in the rearof the transport vehicle , the compass may need degaussing .
Degaussing procedure can be found on youtube .

After verifying these areas , recalibrate joystick endpoint values .
Once joystick endpoint values have been calibrated , then perform the compass calibration dance on the quad .

This one is easy to forget .

Be 100 percent sure there is no metal , above ground or below ground at the location of the compass calibration dance .
I even take off my belt and remove my keys from my pocket .

A little extreme I know but these birds are sensitive .

Hope this helps.

2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MerlBox Posted at 2017-5-22 23:18
Yes, this is P2 vision with a gopro attached. Original Gimbal was damaged. I calibrate the compass everytime before I fly or move to a differnt location. IMU not yet..

I would give post #10 a shot and let us know if there are any changes. In addition, you would can perform a RC calibration in the RC Assistant software, if you have a RC with a USB port on it.
2017-5-24
Use props
MerlBox
New

Philippines

Thank you for your support guys.. I installed DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 and DJI RC System Assistant_1.2.. I calibrated the IMU in advance tab and waited for a couple of minutes and then the remote.. everything was good with the calibration.. I went outside again, this I went far from my car and did the test.. for about 3 minutes I was just hovering about 5 meters high.. from left to write and even going circles.. I had a big smile at that moment.. THEN when I started to get up around 8 meters.. All hell brakes loose.. Literally.. I had a very hard time trying to control it.. As soon as I want to put it down it goes down but very fast.. so I put the throttle up again.. and it goes back and fort then about to go down super fast.. It all blink red.. I was able to put it to break and back up but then it when to normal green red combo and land very very hard bounced back to me and hit my legs.. I got bruises on my right leg from the props.. From there I gave up..

I had so many things in mind.. It could be the controller getting stuck that is not functioning or maybe the motors.. I don't know.. And so I decided to  declare a RIP on my drone.. Hoping someday I can get my hands with another drone I can shoot with..

It was fun flying around with it.. Here is a video before all this happened..
2017-5-29
Use props
djiuser_b2noOEa34RDN
New

Poland

Hello I have the same issue. Have you ménage to fix it?
2023-5-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Blinking all red means the battery is extremely low which would cause an autoland.  Trying to fight the autoland will result in it misbehaving.  Sounds like your battery is no good.  

Good luck
2023-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules