dji go app is not detecting the osmo mobile
8190 8 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
david5411
New
United States

Hey!

I just received my DJI OSMO MOBILE on Friday. Excited i imediatly stuck the charger to it so i could get things started.

After charging. I followed the provided instructions to begin use. Well the DJI go app is not recognizing the osmo moblie. I have tried deleting the app and downloading again.
(samsung S7) That didnt help.

My Phone shows to be connected to the Osmo bluetooth but DJI go will not recognize that im using the osmo.
Also the gimble is not moving at all.
Ive ballanced the gimble with my phone. Read on a thread somwhere there the black phones are somtimes not recognizable while in the gimble. So i but a buisness card (all white) behinde my phone hopeing maybe it would pick that up with no luck.

I have read the user manual several times and cant seem to find any help for trouble shooting this issue...

side not i have the mavic pro and use the dji go app on my android with no issues. So im not sure its phone problem...

Any way.... HELP PLEASE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
2017-5-22
Use props
GadgetJohnuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Make sure your phone is not in a case, get another phone and try it out too. I have a few phones and the only phone that causes me a problem is the iPhone 6s Plus in a case, take it out of the case and it's fine, whereas the others work in their case fine.
2017-5-26
Use props
Jules79
New
Malaysia

Recent update from Samsung for Android made it even worst now. Can't even startup the app and keep saying resolution is wrong! Is DJI going to release a new update soon to fix this? My osmo mobile is deemed useless without the app.
2017-5-26
Use props
DroneRacingClub
New
Flight distance : 625253 ft
United States

I have a samsung S7 as well and noticed the same issue.  Sometimes I am able to get it to recognize the gimbal when I have the app already open then I put it in the gimbal and turn the gimbal on......then choose to connect it.  There have been times when it still will not switch to the "Camera" mode so I turn off the gimbal and turn it back on and typically is connects and automatically opens the "Camera" mode.  I have nothing but trouble with all my DJI products since my S7 got an update and since DJI products (Mavic Pro) got updates all within a few weeks.  Seems there is some version conflicts going on across the board.
2017-5-28
Use props
Carnage808
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21893 ft
United States

Jules79 Posted at 2017-5-26 18:21
Recent update from Samsung for Android made it even worst now. Can't even startup the app and keep saying resolution is wrong! Is DJI going to release a new update soon to fix this? My osmo mobile is deemed useless without the app.

Search the forums.  Many users with the same issue.  you need to go into Android settings - Enable USB debugging
2017-5-28
Use props
fansef5af7e6
New

United States

Yeah I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 7p plus. Light stays red. Been charging for hours. Can't get to the software update. Gimbal had moved twice out of 50 tries. Then disconnects instantly once it doesn't get a connection. I'm about to test the durability of this thing on my cement floor.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansef5af7e6 Posted at 2017-8-16 17:08
Yeah I'm having the same issue with my iPhone 7p plus. Light stays red. Been charging for hours. Can't get to the software update. Gimbal had moved twice out of 50 tries. Then disconnects instantly once it doesn't get a connection. I'm about to test the durability of this thing on my cement floor.

Just to verify the right indicator keeps solid red right? Please clean the battery contact firstly with with 95% alcohol and cotton swab and then the copper sheet inside the battery compartment .
If the problem persists, please keep pressing the Trigger button, and then click shutter button 3 times. Please keep us updated what the right indicator will be.
2017-8-16
Use props
williagr1986
New
United States

Adding my name to the list. DJI Go 4 is not recognizing when the phone is mounted in the Osmo Mobile.

Phone: Pixel
Android Version: Oreo
2017-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

williagr1986 Posted at 2017-9-9 00:31
Adding my name to the list. DJI Go 4 is not recognizing when the phone is mounted in the Osmo Mobile.

Phone: Pixel

Sorry that Osmo Mobile uses DJI Go instead of DJI Go 4.
Please remove the Bluetooth of Osmo Mobile in Bluetooth settings of your mobile device and then detect again.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules