Wifi module vents & esc version?
1106 4 2015-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

Hi,
Just bought my P2V+ V3 from my local dealer a couple of weeks back. After much study for a week I've now had 4 successful flights.

However, continued extensive reading here raises a few more questions;

- I've seen reference to "wifi module vents" in the latest version - I've searched (good luck with that! ;)) but can't seem to find what is meant exactly - are we talking about vents in the RE or something else? (My RE is just a 'solid' white box....)

- The great "esc version" debate (unmarked, V2.0, V2.1) has me wanting to take the top off and have a look, but I don't want to void the warranty at this point. Is there a definitive way to determine what I've got any other way?

- The great ''bad soldering, solid wire failure" debate also leads me to want to have a look see - but the same warranty nervousness applies.....

I'm leaning toward "screw the warranty, check it anyway" approach as I think a liberal dab of silicon on the wires would prevent any vibration problems?

Comments?

Cheers,
Ian
2015-3-9
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

wi fi module vents- If you open the top of your phantom you'll find a square shaped silver object. If it has holes then you have the vented wi fi.

taking top off - I've read both but from what I have gathered opening the top doesn't void the warranty. Ed_tahoe is a dji rep and could probably give you a definitive answer. When I expressed concerns to DJI support about having no version ESC's they asked me to send in photos to get a better understanding of my problem. I dont think they would have asked me for photos knowing taking the top off would void the warranty. You can contact DJI about your ESC concerns and see what they tell you. Supposedly they can tell by the phantom body or wi fi module serial number.

I plan on dabbing silicone on the wires which will probably void the warranty but at this point I'd rather be safe than sorry.
2015-3-9
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Do not worry so much - fly instead - have fun and enjoy your Phantom.
2015-3-9
Use props
i_anderson
lvl.2

United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-3-10 06:29
Do not worry so much - fly instead - have fun and enjoy your Phantom.

You're probably right!

Just did another couple of flights, and all is good.

It's just the constant "tales of woe" here make me very nervous.... I'd never stop kicking myself if I found a crash was caused by, eg, a wire vibrating loose, when I knew the fix ahead of time!

I guess there are hundreds (000's?) of these things flying around with no problems and 'we' only get to hear about the disasters.

Still think I'm going to pop the top off and have a look sometime soon...... But I do appreciate the comment!

Cheers,
Oan
2015-3-9
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Yeah I agree. Sometimes I wish I would have never visited a phantom forum. I Wish I could just fly and Not worry  IN all honesty I have over a total of  100 flights on three different phantom 1's and 65 flights On two different p2v+ version 3's and every flight has been flawless. I did crash three times but they were all pilot error flying drunk at night clipping the top of a tall tree and once crashing into a neighbors house. If you suffer from anxiety and/or OCD this is not the hobby to get into however It is a blast to fly these things!! Happy flying!
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules