Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WOW!
1596 11 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just bought a P4P yesterday. It wanted me to upgrade the firmware and wouldn't let me take off. I waited it out for 1 minute before it finally gave me the good to fly. It flew like a dream! I didn't check what version it had but I'm not going to upgrade it for fear the upgrade would mess things up like it did on my P3P's. I've named her "Whistlin' Dixie" as she whistles as she flies

2017-5-23
Use props
MediaByMarc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130423 ft
United States

When I start up the DJI GO 4 app for my P4P it always tells me to upgrade the firmware, but it never stops me from taking off. I feel the same as I had issues when I would upgrade the firmware on my Inspire 1. The drop outs were so bad I had to roll back to an earlier firmware.
2017-5-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha MJL,

You got that right.  They really are amazing machines.  Be sure to try Tripod and use the C1 button for "Narrow Sensing".  It "opens the door", in that when the sensors block you from going between tree trunks or an entrance of some sort, it then allows you to pass through.  Only Tripod and Beginner mode use the side infrared sensors.  Actually, all the flying modes have their own amazing qualities.  WOW!  As you said!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@MJLSTUDIOS, Congrats on the new P4P.

You must be very happy. ;-)

Enjoy!

RedHotPoker
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Good to hear you're enjoying the unit!
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

MediaByMarc Posted at 2017-5-23 05:02
When I start up the DJI GO 4 app for my P4P it always tells me to upgrade the firmware, but it never stops me from taking off. I feel the same as I had issues when I would upgrade the firmware on my Inspire 1. The drop outs were so bad I had to roll back to an earlier firmware.

The only time when firmware really becomes mandatory to update is when the Go app version gets too far ahead of the firmware that's on the unit. If you don't have the app set to automatic updates, then you wouldn't run into spontaneously having those kind of connection issues.
2017-5-24
Use props
MediaByMarc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130423 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-24 13:01
The only time when firmware really becomes mandatory to update is when the Go app version gets too far ahead of the firmware that's on the unit. If you don't have the app set to automatic updates, then you wouldn't run into spontaneously having those kind of connection issues.

Got it, thanks!
2017-5-25
Use props
Philisamalo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199465 ft
Thailand

On Extremetech.com I could read the following "Drone manufacturer DJI has issued a firmware update for its drones, and it’s likely to cause controversy with at least some customers. In a statement emailed to all registered users, the company noted that current drone owners need to update the firmware on their devices in order to ensure “you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile.” The update goes on to say existing flight safety limitations like geofencing boundaries and altitude limits remain the same.

But what if you travel with your drone in different countries ?  Each time it adapts automatically to local regulations ?  And what user profile ?  I fly dji since 3 years already and my profile here is "beginner" which is not accurate.  I even have the Dji certication from Dji Thailand.  So what makes me a beginner here ?
2017-5-26
Use props
Mobilcams
First Officer
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Philisamalo Posted at 2017-5-26 08:36
On Extremetech.com I could read the following "Drone manufacturer DJI has issued a firmware update for its drones, and it’s likely to cause controversy with at least some customers. In a statement emailed to all registered users, the company noted that current drone owners need to update the firmware on their devices in order to ensure “you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile.” The update goes on to say existing flight safety limitations like geofencing boundaries and altitude limits remain the same.

But what if you travel with your drone in different countries ?  Each time it adapts automatically to local regulations ?  And what user profile ?  I fly dji since 3 years already and my profile here is "beginner" which is not accurate.  I even have the Dji certication from Dji Thailand.  So what makes me a beginner here ?

You're a beginner in the forums. That rating is based off the number of posts you reply to and threads you start.
2017-5-26
Use props
Philisamalo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199465 ft
Thailand

Hello Mobilcams, Thank you for your reply.  I sent the question to dji support to know what they mean by the "user profile".  I'll post as soon as I get a reply.
2017-5-26
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Philisamalo Posted at 2017-5-26 08:36

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid623200
2017-5-26
Use props
New York Giants
lvl.4
Flight distance : 334774 ft
United States

Congrats on your new purchase I have enjoyed my p4p since day 1 and as an expierienced pillot im sure you will too
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules