Run out of Patience
1131 7 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jsantacroce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10036 ft
United States

First off my thanks to DJI Natalia for helping to get my case this far.

Opened Case # CAS-604546-G3J2L0  4/27/17
Received 5/3 but took until 5/8 to show on the system (ok)
5/8 - Received emal with Damage Assement
5/9 - Received Invoice and decided not to have repaired\replaced and bought a new one
5/10 - Received and email below (note now I have new Case Numbers and don't know where they came from) stating my drone and controller would be returned.
5/10 - I received a phone call trying to convince me to purchase the refurbished and offered a discount which I appreciated. I declined and was told my gear would be shipped out next day.

I have patiently waited two weeks and nothing. I called today and they checked and could find no record of the emails on the 9th or 10th. Probably because of the changed Case Numbers. Then I was jung up on after waiting an hour. Perhaps accidently or connection failed but either way, a waste of time.

Can SOMEONE PLEASE FIND MY DRONE AND CONTROLLER AND GET IT SHIPPED HOME TO ME AND PREFERABLY OVERNIGHT!!!
ps: The bigger issue here is not the drone. It's my P4P+ controller that was shipped with it.

Thank you

------------------

Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 6:12 PM
To: SantacroceJoe <jsantacroce@hvc.rr.com>
Subject: CAS-632404-Q7M6V4 CRM:0669000000894

Dear Santacroce Joe 

Thank you for contacting DJI.

Our repair department has been informed of your decision to have the craft returned with out repair. Once the craft is with logistics you will receive an email with a tracking number.

We hope to have your product back soon and thank you for your support of DJI.

Best Regards,

Marquez S.

Tel Support: +1(818)235 0789 / Mon-Fri 7:00AM-5:00PM (PST)

2017-5-23
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Interesting:

About an hour after posting this my status is updated that it was repaired today (I chose not to have it repaired but I assume that's standard message to move it along). I also received the following email.

So it was supposed to be shipped on the 11th and now perhaps on the 24th or 25th if I am lucky. It will now take another 5 days to get here assuming they ship it ground although I asked them on the 10th to overnight it and I would pay for it because I bought a new drone only and I needed my controller. So I have another holiday weekend with no controller for my drone.

Perhaps there may be a light at the end of the tunnel but why did it take multiple phone calls, emails, and posting messages? Customer Service anyone?

----------------------------------------
Dear Customer,
Your Phantom 4 Pro has been tested and will be shipped within two business days.
This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support: Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support

2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

jsantacroce@hvc Posted at 2017-5-23 09:58
Interesting:

About an hour after posting this my status is updated that it was repaired today (I chose not to have it repaired but I assume that's standard message to move it along). I also received the following email.

It is a standard message as it moves along th process, since you did refuse payment. I don't know if overnight can be met, however, we can see if  there's anything that could be done to hasten the shipping process.
2017-5-23
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

Thank you. I would certainly pay additional for shipping. It's only Tuesday so we could do 2 day air. and it would get here for the weekend.
2017-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What was the damage or problem you were experiencing?

Why did you send it in, but refuse to pay for the repair?

How are you going to fix it, without DJI assistance?

RedHotPoker
2017-5-23
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-5-23 13:57
What was the damage or problem you were experiencing?

Why did you send it in, but refuse to pay for the repair?

That's a lot of questions which I don't need to but I'll entertain anyway:

1: The Damage was due to operator error - Me! - which i put in writing in the Case Notes when I sent it in. My Drown Drowned.

2: I Sent it in to get an estimate in the hopes it was repairable. It was not. I did not REFUSE to pay for it. I was at first given an option to purchase a Refurbished drone for $300 more than I could buy a brand new one locally. In writing at first they also told me it would be without warranty.

Therefore I chose to purchase the new drone with a Refresh package and save money over a Refurbished. DJI then called me and offered to reduce the price of the Refurbished to below the cost of a new one and also retracted the statement on the warranty stating that the Refurbished Unit would be covered under a new warranty. I gave that serious consideration but then asked if it would be eligible for DJI Cares Refresh. It took some time to get a clear answer on that but the answer was yes.

However, when I received the email confirmation that it would be covered by DJI Cares Refresh (at my cost) it further stated I would have to go through the complete video validation process and waiting period for them to confirm it. I contacted DJI to explain how rediculous that was if they were providing me the refurbished drone and they agreed but stated it was two different divisions of DJI. Therefore, I again decided it was quicker and easier to just buy a new one. Especially being I live on the east coast and this was all taking place on the west coast.

I had a new drone with refresh the following day. I asked DJI to return mine. They called me to discuss it one more time but told them it was to late. They offered to get mine out by next day and said they would even pay for shipping given what had happened. Three weeks later here we are and no drone until this afternoon when I now have a tracking number which I appreciate.

3: I've answered that in #2.

You asked.
2017-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Thanks. ;-)

I needed that... Ha

Ok, well wishing you, only all the best in the future.  ;-)
Fly away from the levy... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-5-23
Use props
jsantacroce
lvl.3
United States

I just wanted to put closure to this and thank DJI for bringing this to resolution. I'm sorry I had to rant to bring it to closure but DJI did the right thing and got my toasted Drone and more importantly my Pro Plus Controller with screen back to me in time for the weekend. For that, I am thankful and I do appreciate it.

I would again especially like to thank DJI Natalia for helping to move things along. I saw someone else in a post take a personal shot at her which was disrespectful and ignorant when she was going out of her way trying to help. No one gets paid enough for that. So thank you again Natalia for your support.

Happy Flying!
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules