[FIXED] PHANTOM forum section temporarily down.
1893 23 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hey everyone,

It's not your computers, the Phantom 4 forum is temporarily down. Working right now on getting it back up again. Stay tuned.

For now, feel free to use the Mavic forum section to post Phantom questions (use the Phantom (temp) category). They will be moved over the the appropriate forum when possible.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

- Joe

2017-5-23
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 985807 ft
United States

DJI Phantom forum down?

When I click on the forum for Phantom, I get an error message. I put a screenshot for reference. Is this only happening to me, or to everyone?

Screenshot 2017-05-23 at 2.31.44 PM.png

That is the error message I get. Can someone in the staff please help me? And for everyone else, am I the only person who gets this error.
2017-5-23
Use props
Varun K.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 985807 ft
United States

Okay. Thank you Joe.
2017-5-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bad Forum Link (Resolved)

I'm getting an error '502 Bad Gateway' when clicking on the 'Phantom' link at the top of the first forum screen, anybody else seeing this ?
2017-5-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see it's being taken care of...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2017-5-23
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's strange, yesterday some other drones related forums were also down.
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-5-23 10:56
That's strange, yesterday some other drones related forums were also down.

It is very unlikely that these events are connected.
2017-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-23 10:50
I see it's being taken care of...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=97200&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26orderby%3Ddateline%26orderby%3Ddateline

Must be getting ready for the new P5. !!!!!!!!!
2017-5-23
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

P5! I can only hope!!!
2017-5-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

looks like all phantom, not just 4
2017-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Lock down?! ;-)

I figured it was forum related, and was about to post a thread about this inconvenience. Oh my....

Thanks for the heads up, as I was holding my head down. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-5-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

RedHot! Why are you not adding any fuel to the firmware update thread? We are ONLY on page 11! That topic deserves shenanigans to take it to at least page 20 by tomorrow! And will all the outcry from some, some humor perhaps could help? Not sure yet.. Some people are REALLY bent out of shape there ;) UI r way more active, usually!
Since the phantom forum is down, what can we do to get more points?!
2017-5-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Perhaps you can tell us why we can't search for Phantom 3 topics anymore?  Also a suggestion - make a listing of tutorials for each model that is different.  If a person buys a P3x, he should be able to go to an area and find a list of tutes for that drone.  JMHO.
2017-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-5-23 16:19
RedHot! Why are you not adding any fuel to the firmware update thread? We are ONLY on page 11! That topic deserves shenanigans to take it to at least page 20 by tomorrow! And will all the outcry from some, some humor perhaps could help?  Not sure yet.. Some people are REALLY bent out of shape there ;) UI r way more active, usually!
Since the phantom forum is down, what can we do to get more points?!

I was smiling when I received the following email:

Dear Customers,

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of this week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

The feature applies to all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware or when using future versions of the DJI GO and GO 4 apps.

DJI encourages pilots to always follow applicable laws and regulations in the countries where they operate, and provides information about these regulations on its FlySafe website at flysafe.dji.com.

Sincerely,

Your DJI Team

And that broad grin continues today...

RedHotPoker
2017-5-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Joe

I see that it is still down this evening May 23, 2017

Rich
2017-5-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-5-23 16:52
I was smiling when I received the following email:

Dear Customers,

RHP

I received this email too.  could you please enlighten me why you are smiling?  I am still trying to understand what they are doing.

Rich
2017-5-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-23 18:57
RHP

I received this email too.  could you please enlighten me why you are smiling?  I am still trying to understand what they are doing.

Let's not steal this thread - this is the "other thread" http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=277621 - but it's fgull of speculations from upset people who are guessing and speculating left an right. I think this whole thing is designed to lessen ability for stupid to fly stupid... we will see..
2017-5-23
Use props
Lethal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 71096 ft
Australia

the P4 forum is still getting "Bad Gateway" messages (3:53am UTC)  - still trying to fix?
2017-5-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-5-23 19:25
Let's not steal this thread - this is the "other thread" http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=96739&fromuid=277621 - but it's fgull of speculations from upset people who are guessing and speculating left an right. I think this whole thing is designed to lessen ability for stupid to fly stupid... we will see..

Yes, I saw this thread and it seems to be getting out of hand

I will just wait and see what happens

Rich
2017-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-23 18:57
RHP

I never knew that I was one of them Internationals! Haha

Now I feel special... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-5-23 19:25
Let's not steal this thread - this is the "other thread" http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=96739&fromuid=277621 - but it's fgull of speculations from upset people who are guessing and speculating left an right. I think this whole thing is designed to lessen ability for stupid to fly stupid... we will see..

Yes, stealing after all, is one of the Ten Commandments. ;-)

Is that other thread worth my worthy while? Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-5-23
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-5-23 21:03
Yes, stealing after all, is one of the Ten Commandments. ;-)

Is that other thread worth my worthy while? Ha

no.. not worth it. Wait a week till things come down, and DJI goes bankrupt, because Rob, Joe, and Sue, decided not to support their products anymore.. despite the fact they have lot's of their product... No offence to Sue, Joe and Rob, by any means... (and they do have a point, but it got soooo blown out of proportion!)
2017-5-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Phantomski Posted at 2017-5-23 21:10
no.. not worth it. Wait a week till things come down, and DJI goes bankrupt, because Rob, Joe, and Sue, decided not to support their products anymore.. despite the fact they have lot's of their product... No offence to Sue, Joe and Rob, by any means... (and they do have a point, but it got soooo blown out of proportion!)

I have a strong feeling that Joe will come around. ;-)

DJI are still the earth-world leaders, in "dronedom" aren't they...?
But there are several other manufacturers nipping at their heels. Ha

RedHotPoker

2017-5-24
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
United States

BTW, the Phantom forums are back up!!! At least at the moment they seem happy!
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules