Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ocelot27
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1163894 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,

Just wanted to post yet another DJI service center nightmare here in the US.

Sent my I2 in for a manufacturing defect (battery catch on left side had failed not holding the battery in place) and today I thought I was finally going to recieve MY I2 back, but no - I recieved a completely different I2 with a different serial number that has obvioulsy been heavily used.

I also own both the Cinema DNG and ProRes licenses which I suspect this unit does not have.

Just got off the phone with DJI after waiting on hold for about 30 mins (not that bad) - had to explain the whole thing twice and was told repeatedly that the unit that was returned to me was the one with my serial number - wasn't until I read the serial number out loud that the tech "got it" and now they're going to send me anther shipping label to return whomever's I2 this is.

The problem is: where is my I2?  And whomever has it surely will quickly realize that it has the pro licenses and want to keep it...

Hope one of the mods can help out.

-john

2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

John, sincerely sorry to hear you're expariencing difficulties, we'd love to help you escalate what happened.
Could you please provide us your case number so we can make it clear to you?
Thank you very much for your support and patience!
2017-5-23
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

So... the plot thickens

Wrote a long letter detailing everything before I sent back whomever's I2 was sent to me in error then called DJI when they received that unit and the letter.  Tried to explain what happened to the rep but didn't get very far.  I was finally told that my I2 was there and had to be repaired even though I had already received confirmation that it had been.  Great - problem solved I was to get my original I2 back with it's FAA tags etc.

Got an email with a new case number, got another email with a new case number that said the I2 had been repaired and was being shipped back to me - the catch is this message referenced yet another entirely different serial number - not my original one, not the one that I received in error - a totally new serial.  I haven't called yet because I haven't received the package yet (today).  I had purchased both the ProRes and Cinema DNG licenses and DJI care for my original I2 which apparently has been lost.  The question is what do I do if the I2 that has been sent to me is a new or worse used unit and I have to transfer DJI care to it and even worse what it it doesn't have the licenses?

Thanks

-john
2017-6-5
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

You are screwed brother!!!
2017-6-5
Use props
ocelot27
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-6-5 05:54
You are screwed brother!!!

That's very helpful...

So here's how the story ends - I'm told the broken battery catch cannot be repaired and I have been issued a seemingly new I2.  I highly doubt, given the story, that that's true.  They lost my original I2, can't find it or didn't want to try to find it and just sent me a replacement.  I asked where it was and I was told it was there and was to be used for "spare parts."  So a simple spring pops off the battery catch of a $6k drone and it can't be fixed? Right.  Not only that, it contradicts the first email I received that stated the battery compartment had been replaced and that it would soon be shipped back to me.  Next time I'm going with a third party repair center...  Some guy out there is psyched he got a free upgrade to the I2 with both Cinema DNG and Apple ProRes licenses... his I2 is being used for spare parts at the DJI repair center...
2017-6-6
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

ocelot27 Posted at 2017-6-6 09:42
That's very helpful...

So here's how the story ends - I'm told the broken battery catch cannot be repaired and I have been issued a seemingly new I2.  I highly doubt, given the story, that that's true.  They lost my original I2, can't find it or didn't want to try to find it and just sent me a replacement.  I asked where it was and I was told it was there and was to be used for "spare parts."  So a simple spring pops off the battery catch of a $6k drone and it can't be fixed? Right.  Not only that, it contradicts the first email I received that stated the battery compartment had been replaced and that it would soon be shipped back to me.  Next time I'm going with a third party repair center...  Some guy out there is psyched he got a free upgrade to the I2 with both Cinema DNG and Apple ProRes licenses... his I2 is being used for spare parts at the DJI repair center...

how did you go about getting the raw licenses transferred?
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ocelot27 Posted at 2017-6-5 05:43
So... the plot thickens

Wrote a long letter detailing everything before I sent back whomever's I2 was sent to me in error then called DJI when they received that unit and the letter.  Tried to explain what happened to the rep but didn't get very far.  I was finally told that my I2 was there and had to be repaired even though I had already received confirmation that it had been.  Great - problem solved I was to get my original I2 back with it's FAA tags etc.

I'm sorry if this was missed, but could you please provide your case number so I can verify what was done? If a unit becomes refurbished, it would be wiped of customer information along with any previous licenses.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

thomasakira Posted at 2017-6-6 13:14
how did you go about getting the raw licenses transferred?

It can't be done by the customer, it can only be done through a DJI Repair Center. If we're talking about the latter or if you need to have you licenses reactivated, you can provide the Repair team with the aircraft SN and CineCore ID from the Assistant 2 program and they can sort that out for you.
2017-6-6
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Flight distance : 369652 ft
Italy

@Natalia
On May 8 my I2 was delivered to the DJI Official Service Center in Barendrecht (NL). On May 16 I received an email with the proforma invioce and notification that the aircraft would be repaired in 2-3 days. It's been 20 days since that email and I have no news. At https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTraceDetail/ it is always "Under Repair". I start worrying. Can you have news?
2017-6-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

SerSigal Posted at 2017-6-7 10:50
@Natalia
On May 8 my I2 was delivered to the DJI Official Service Center in Barendrecht (NL). On May 16 I received an email with the proforma invioce and notification that the aircraft would be repaired in 2-3 days. It's been 20 days since that email and I have no news. At https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTraceDetail/ it is always "Under Repair". I start worrying. Can you have news?

I'm sorry if this was missed, but could you please provide your case number so I can follow up?
2017-6-7
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Italy

Hi Jamie! Thank you for the reply. My case n. is CAS-613931-K2V2P3
2017-6-8
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Italy

Hi J!
Today, 9 June, has arrived the email about the shipment fo my i2. It is coming back! Thanks anyway for your interest.

A constructive critique. It's the second time my i2 goes to the assistence and both times it's been a month before I get it back. I think DJI should believe and care more and more the assistence. I bought the i2 because I was thinking it was really a Professional product, and for Pro I mean, first of all, timely assistance. I do not understand why my country's importer, or someone else, prepared by DJI, can not repair i2 and others DJI aircraft. I hope that in the future the service network will consolidate and start running Pro.
2017-6-9
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Italy

Ocelot27, I apologize for my intrusion. I hope you can solve your case soon.
2017-6-9
Use props
SerSigal
lvl.3
Italy

For knowledge, my i2 came back on June 14th.

I have not tried it yet ...I had to do the firmware updates as well as upgrade the GO4 app and understand what's changed.

There is an issue but I hope its not serious. One of the upper sensors lights up.
Copia di 20170615-i2-rientro-occhio-sbrincio-1.jpg
2017-6-16
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Send it back to DJI!!!
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now