Litchi non stop RTH message
1303 11 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]I was flying today and used litchi on my iPad mini 4 for the first time in a while. I flew out of signal range and video range. The no signal RTH activated automatically. A few moments later when I regained video signal and control signal, I cancelled the RTH. Flying back home under my control, I kept getting the "Aircraft with automatically return home in 10 seconds" (or something like that) message. There was no cancel option only "OK". If I did nothing, that message would just stay on the screen way beyond 10 seconds. If I tapped "OK" it would switch to RTH even though I was already coming back and well within range. So RTH would active, I would let it go for a couple seconds then tap the RTH message at the top of the screen and cancel the RTH. Then two seconds later the same message would pop up again. And again just stay there blocking the screen for as long as I ignored it. The whole way flying back this message would pop up. The only way to get rid of it was to tap "OK" and let the RTH active, then cancel the RTH. Then five seconds later it would pop up again. Again and again. All the way until I landed.
[size=14.6667px]Does anyone know why?
2017-5-23
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Just a comment on this as I also had some issues some time back with Litchi. For me, when DJI released the last firmware, I would get that RTH on missions that I had flown many times before and it would send my bird home. I struggled with it and tried to isolate the issue. I finally emailed Litchi and they suggested I look into the DJI settings for "Smart" RTH. It was of course set "on". The Go app monitors the battery levels, distance travelled, etc. , and when it think it needs to return will kick in the RTH. Toggle this option off, and your Litchi will work as it did before. Litchi told me it was embedded in the firmware and they could not control this, so even when flying missions, etc. with Litchi, if the battery level was thought to be low or whatever, it would trigger the RTH. Even though the DJI app was not running. You need to be aware that you must monitor your battery levels and distances. I turned this option "off" and have never had an issue. I hope it works for you.
2017-5-24
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

I see. But my battery levels were not low. Also the message would pop up and say it was going to RTH in 10 seconds. I ignored the message and there was no way to remove or cancel the message from the screen. It never initiated the RTH after the ten seconds. I had to tap the "OK" in the message to clear it from the screen. But the message would stay on the screen well over ten seconds. I only tapped the "OK" to clear the screen so I can see where I was flying.  Then the RTH would start. I would cancel it, five seconds later the message would pop on the screen again. It did this all the way flying back up until I landed. I had around 40% battery when I got back to my take off point, but the RTH message would still pop up. It never said it was RTH for low battery. The first initiation of the RTH was for the transmitter control disconnect.
But I will try with the smart return off.
Thank you
2017-5-24
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-5-24 20:42
I see. But my battery levels were not low. Also the message would pop up and say it was going to RTH in 10 seconds. I ignored the message and there was no way to remove or cancel the message from the screen. It never initiated the RTH after the ten seconds. I had to tap the "OK" in the message to clear it from the screen. But the message would stay on the screen well over ten seconds. I only tapped the "OK" to clear the screen so I can see where I was flying.  Then the RTH would start. I would cancel it, five seconds later the message would pop on the screen again. It did this all the way flying back up until I landed. I had around 40% battery when I got back to my take off point, but the RTH message would still pop up. It never said it was RTH for low battery. The first initiation of the RTH was for the transmitter control disconnect.
But I will try with the smart return off.
Thank you

Your situation is different than mine for sure. I don't have any comments regarding why the RTH would keep popping up. Yeah, give my suggestion a try, probably won't help but it is worth a shot I guess. I have never had any issues with Litchi ever....except for what I mentioned before. It has always been very reliable for me. Good luck to you.
2017-5-25
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Seems to be a common occurence, ive seen it happen with mine and also reported on their facebook support page, had to stop using Litchi for now until they look into it.

2017-5-25
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Seems to be a common occurence, ive seen it happen with mine and also reported on their facebook support page, had to stop using Litchi for now until they look into it. its a known issue with DJI smart battery return to home feature and one that DJI need to look into

2017-5-25
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

i was told on litchi FB page, not long ago, that due to the way API from DJI works, they cannot stop RTH, they can only invoke it - so just cancel it via the controller.
Now, I am not sure if you can disable smart return home in litchi, you may have to do that in DJI go app - that is what tells the drone to calculate distance to home, and also use that to determine when to kick off RTH, so pretty much if u r far away it may kick off at 50%, even though your RTH setting says 30%..... Does that make sense? Hope that  may have something to do with it.
2017-5-25
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

An outside chance here, but check to be sure your RTH button on the controller is not somehow stuck down or being depressed accidently.  Just a thought.
2017-5-25
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-5-25 18:49
An outside chance here, but check to be sure your RTH button on the controller is not somehow stuck down or being depressed accidently.  Just a thought.

No, it is not the button. Like i said. The message pops up and warns it will RTH in 10 seconds. Pushing the button does not display this message. And after the 10 seconds elapses, nothing happens. The message just stays on the screen blocking the view.
2017-5-25
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

I contacted Litchi and the reply I got was that they are aware of the issue and there was nothing they can do about it. They said it was up to DJI to release a fix in the SDK. So, I guess that ends my use of the Litchi app until it is fixed. That was a waste of $50. Bought for android and Ipad.
2017-5-25
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
United States

From Litchi:
"We are aware of this issue and want to improve the way litchi reacts when this smart RTH triggers from the DJI firmware. However due to the way the DJI development kit interacts with it, it is difficult for us to make improvements. We are in contact with DJI about this smart RTH feature and hope they will give us clarification and possibly make improvements in the development kit so we can then make our popup less intrusive in a future update."

"DJI replied to us the following:
"There is no API in the SDK for the current stage to have stopped the automatic RTH, but I haven't got the logic behind it to check when the scenario would be triggered. I would try to do further investigation on that because it is one of the corner cases for that."
As you can see it is not clear for DJI themselves how we, as an app, can stop this automatic RTH. This is why in Litchi currently you cannot stop it, and unfortunately for some reason the firmware keeps triggering the automatic RTH even after you accept it once and then cancel it.."
2017-5-25
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

HWCM Posted at 2017-5-25 22:11
From Litchi:
"We are aware of this issue and want to improve the way litchi reacts when this smart RTH triggers from the DJI firmware. However due to the way the DJI development kit interacts with it, it is difficult for us to make improvements. We are in contact with DJI about this smart RTH feature and hope they will give us clarification and possibly make improvements in the development kit so we can then make our popup less intrusive in a future update."

Well, I am still running an older version of Litchi and am having no trouble with it.  I think I will stay with that until they get things sorted out.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules