When In Flight restricted zone
1292 7 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ttony1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 791562 ft
United Kingdom

Ok not that this has happened but I would like to know the answer.
If you are flying the mavic and you manage to cross into a restricted zone, What happens?
Will the mavic not enter and allow you to go in a different direction, or will we have a message on screen saying restricted zone ?
2017-5-24
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I guess its telling you NFZ zone and the device goes in landing mode ASAP
2017-5-24
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

There was at least one case reported, where the Mavic acquired GPS during flight, noticed it was in an NFZ and landed immediately.
2017-5-24
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Dronoob Posted at 2017-5-24 01:34
There was at least one case reported, where the Mavic acquired GPS during flight, noticed it was in an NFZ and landed immediately.

<- that was me ;)
2017-5-24
Use props
Ttony1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 791562 ft
United Kingdom

So it landed in the no fly zone ?
You would have thought that it would turn away from the NFZ or headed to the home point !
2017-5-24
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Ttony1976 Posted at 2017-5-24 01:47
So it landed in the no fly zone ?
You would have thought that it would turn away from the NFZ or headed to the home point !

Yes, the mavic landed instead in the NO FLY ZONE- I just had control to move it right and left up and down was locked. The result was I crashed it into a tree... next to the tree was a sea so I had to choose... Sea or Tree....

What I have learned?
Check the flysafe map EVERYTIME !
http://www.dji.com/flysafe

My mavic is fine - got some scratches and I had to replace all propellers... ~20€ and a heart attack ;)

I've not tested it with the new firmware yet....
2017-5-24
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

I was flying at a beach recently and I know for a fact, there is no airport or aerodrome anywhere near there. Mavic was about 50 or 60 mtrs away and maybe 30 mtrs up. I had a NFZ warning and interference warning flash up on the screen. First time I've ever seen the NFZ warning. So I just immediately turned the Mavic around 180 degrees to come back towards me. I had no problem at all controlling the Mavic. The warnings disappeared almost straight away. I brought it back to me and then flew the other way up the beach for a further 5 or 6 minutes. No problems at all.
2017-5-24
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Rusty Iron Posted at 2017-5-24 02:06
I was flying at a beach recently and I know for a fact, there is no airport or aerodrome anywhere near there. Mavic was about 50 or 60 mtrs away and maybe 30 mtrs up. I had a NFZ warning and interference warning flash up on the screen. First time I've ever seen the NFZ warning. So I just immediately turned the Mavic around 180 degrees to come back towards me. I had no problem at all controlling the Mavic. The warnings disappeared almost straight away. I brought it back to me and then flew the other way up the beach for a further 5 or 6 minutes. No problems at all.

my arena was official marked as NFZ .... sounds like your area was not...
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules