2470 20 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 460269 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

Updated to the newest version of the go app for my inspire 1 RAW on my ipad.

Since the update, when flying the craft the image on the screen constantly cuts in and out, going black or green.

I use the drone professionaly and have a job this coming weekend and am in a panic.

Ive tested it on my andriod phone on the latest app and the image is fine so im assuming its an issue with the latest IOS app update

ive tried multiple cables, two different ipads

is there anyway to roll the app back to the previous version?..

Thanks in advance
2017-5-24
Use props
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
United Kingdom

UPDATE -  tested on a third ipad and same issue. Working perfectly on andriod device. Now means I will have to purchase 2 new android tablets knowing that soon the app will be fixed and ill have 4 tablets
2017-5-24
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

ReelTech Aerial Posted at 2017-5-24 09:46
UPDATE -  tested on a third ipad and same issue. Working perfectly on andriod device. Now means I will have to purchase 2 new android tablets knowing that soon the app will be fixed and ill have 4 tablets

What kind of I pad is giving you issue , If you are a professional pilot and videographer  then get the  I pad Pro with 256 gig ,GPS  and cell and you will be better off than the android .  

Any of the older I pads wont work well with the latest updates , the encryption is what seems to have sent the older processors over the edge, I have seen this many times .

donnie
2017-5-24
Use props
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-24 11:55
What kind of I pad is giving you issue , If you are a professional pilot and videographer  then get the  I pad Pro with 256 gig ,GPS  and cell and you will be better off than the android .  

Any of the older I pads wont work well with the latest updates , the encryption is what seems to have sent the older processors over the edge, I have seen this many times .

Thats what I use, 2 of them., and i'm still having the issue.  I cant see  the pros having incompatibility issues
2017-5-24
Use props
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
United Kingdom

appreciate the response though

Tom
2017-5-24
Use props
ReelTech Aerial
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sorry ignore me they are mini 4s. still cant see them having issues yet
2017-5-24
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

ReelTech Aerial Posted at 2017-5-24 12:58
sorry ignore me they are mini 4s. still cant see them having issues yet

There are many variables on  the I pad Mini's , they work in some areas and not others, depends on the amount of free space on the hard drive , how much clutter of 2.4 signals in the area etc.  BUT I assure you , if you get and I  pad pro with the specs I gave in the earlier e mail, you wont be disappointed.

In the meantime try this  on the Mini's to get by .  

"Enable" the Hardware Decode on the go app under General Settings .

Disable the record feature and clear the Cache on the Go app.

Make sure you lower  the Image rate  on the go app ( if you can , not sure they give the option in the UK )

Make sure the IOS is up to date  and make sure you have plenty of available space .

Perhaps also lower the 4k to 1080 If this will work for your job.

The above may help for a bit , give it a try .

donnie
2017-5-25
Use props
Aerial-Inspirat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 597487 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Cant use my Inspire for anything other than mapping.
2017-5-26
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I'll add I have an iPad Air 2 plus cellular and noticed around version 4.0.4. of GO 4 that the image tends to break up if I do much screen touches like shutter etc.  Not much, but it is beginning to show up now.  The Air 2 might be getting long in the tooth with GO as it grows.  I'll wait for the iPad Pro 2 to appear before trying to address it.

2017-5-26
Use props
ron34238
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31755 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad Mini 4 and same issue. Quite annoying yet no real solution. Any further insight would be appreciated.
2017-8-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

ReelTech Aerial Posted at 2017-5-24 09:46

I have seen this same issue with my iPad mini 4  The flickering happens on the home page and will not let you even tap on the correct aircraft type. I shut it down and opened the Go App on the Inspire page then restarted the remote and Inspire 1.... then it connected.

I thought this was a fluke, but now I think it is a new DJI bug created on the last update

Rich
2017-8-11
Use props
paraviz02
lvl.3

United States

Same issue here. I get CPU is maxed out warning very quickly in flight, and then the image quality goes down significantly and blacks out multiple times until the flight is finished.  Prior to the recent firmwares, the image quality on the iPad mini 4 was flawless the entire flight.

Essentially the Inspire 2 becomes unusable at this point for any legitimate purposes.

:-(
2017-8-11
Use props
mancuso_inc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39708 ft
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-25 04:27
There are many variables on  the I pad Mini's , they work in some areas and not others, depends on the amount of free space on the hard drive , how much clutter of 2.4 signals in the area etc.  BUT I assure you , if you get and I  pad pro with the specs I gave in the earlier e mail, you wont be disappointed.

In the meantime try this  on the Mini's to get by .  

Hey Donnie, you mention lowering the image rate on the go app. I've looked around for this option and can't seem to find it, though I thought it was in the Channel menu...?

2018-1-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-25 04:27
There are many variables on  the I pad Mini's , they work in some areas and not others, depends on the amount of free space on the hard drive , how much clutter of 2.4 signals in the area etc.  BUT I assure you , if you get and I  pad pro with the specs I gave in the earlier e mail, you wont be disappointed.

In the meantime try this  on the Mini's to get by .  

There is another variable here as well.

The early versions of the Inspire 1 RCs had an integrated GPU which looked after much of the processing load in dealing with the video stream from the AC. Later versions don't have the capability and the app does the processing on the mobile device.

If you have an 'A' or 'B' RC then an older iPad mini will be fine. Later ones will need more performance from the device.
I run a Mini 2 on a 'A' series RC and it works perfectly.
2018-1-1
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

This is news. Why do they take away the GPU of RC given that every new version of FW/SW are more process intensive than previous one.
2018-1-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

DTK Posted at 2018-1-1 23:51
This is news. Why do they take away the GPU of RC given that every new version of FW/SW are more process intensive than previous one.

No idea, it was probably an opportunity to save production cost as the app developed.
2018-1-2
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

mancuso_inc Posted at 2018-1-1 19:47
Hey Donnie, you mention lowering the image rate on the go app. I've looked around for this option and can't seem to find it, though I thought it was in the Channel menu...?

If I did say that I misspoke , I met the Image transmission rate on the Go app itself  , it is under the HD settings and is a a sliding scale .

sorry If I mis spoke

donnie

2018-1-2
Use props
mancuso_inc
lvl.2
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2018-1-2 16:31
If I did say that I misspoke , I met the Image transmission rate on the Go app itself  , it is under the HD settings and is a a sliding scale .

sorry If I mis spoke

You know, I still had the channels set on Auto, and just realized it had to be set to Custom for the scale to be visible. (I thought auto only selected the channel, not the quality of transmission as well)
2018-1-12
Use props
Donnie "Apple"
Second Officer
United States

mancuso_inc Posted at 2018-1-12 14:13
You know, I still had the channels set on Auto, and just realized it had to be set to Custom for the scale to be visible. (I thought auto only selected the channel, not the quality of transmission as well)

Auto chooses the channels that are available , so if you did NOT  do the "hack" this would be channels 13 -20 and if you did it would auto scan between 1 -32.  Incidentally this is ONLY  for the Image transmission , the Control of the AC is through channels 13 -20  so doing the hack will not effect the control of the Aircraft . ( Just wanted to point that fun fact out to you )

But more to your point ...I am not sure what the Auto mode defaults to regarding Bit rate , you bring up a good point!  I would guess that it would be somewhere in the middle  but not sure ,  I will try to find out .

*** You are correct in the Image Bit rate will only pop up in custom mode .  The members in  UK do not get this Option at all , the only way is if they register the RC transmitter for the USA.

***When in Custom mode try channel 20, some of the real technical guys found this to be the quietest overall as it does not overlap ( or very minimally ) with wi- fi channels .  I usually go to the flying site and then look over the chart  on the Go app HD tab to find a quiet channel , given e it a minute to settle and see what comes up . I usually fly channel 20 .

Have fun and good luck

donnie
2018-1-13
Use props
Donnie "Apple"
Second Officer
United States

Aerial-Inspirat Posted at 2017-5-26 06:35
I am experiencing the exact same problem. Cant use my Inspire for anything other than mapping.

Try my suggestions in the above or read my tips page top to bottom . ..

Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

donnie

2018-1-13
Use props
mancuso_inc
lvl.2
United States

Donnie "Apple" Posted at 2018-1-13 09:53
Auto chooses the channels that are available , so if you did NOT  do the "hack" this would be channels 13 -20 and if you did it would auto scan between 1 -32.  Incidentally this is ONLY  for the Image transmission , the Control of the AC is through channels 13 -20  so doing the hack will not effect the control of the Aircraft . ( Just wanted to point that fun fact out to you )

But more to your point ...I am not sure what the Auto mode defaults to regarding Bit rate , you bring up a good point!  I would guess that it would be somewhere in the middle  but not sure ,  I will try to find out .

Thank Donnie, I'll give channel 20 a shot, I always selected something in the middle!
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules