5593 35 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Is anyone have ios activation issues with the DJI SPark?
2017-5-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only issue I have, and I'm sure there are many others,  is that we won't be receiving ours until after June 15th.
2017-5-24
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

You have the dji spark already?
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The Spark hasn't been added to the Go or Go4 app yet, so no one can activate it on any platform. It would most likely be added once it's closer to the average arrival date of the initial Spark orders. Do you already have one? The only way anyone is using a Spark is if they're in the BETA program, or knows someone from BETA.
2017-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Thought it was a bit suspect.
2017-5-24
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-24 14:42
The Spark hasn't been added to the Go or Go4 app yet, so no one can activate it on any platform. It would most likely be added once it's closer to the average arrival date of the initial Spark orders. Do you already have one? The only way anyone is using a Spark is if they're in the BETA program, or knows someone from BETA.

Hi Jaime theres a way to contact you or have a contact with the beta team for upcoming DJI products review, i flown every single day and im a DJI certified repair technician.
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Mafia16 Posted at 2017-5-24 15:00
Hi Jaime theres a way to contact you or have a contact with the beta team for upcoming DJI products review, i flown every single day and im a DJI certified repair technician.

To get more information on the BETA program, you would want to contact beta@dji.com.
2017-5-25
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-25 07:36
To get more information on the BETA program, you would want to contact .

perfect thanks
2017-5-25
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Jamie,

A member of our team actually was lucky enough to participate in the program. DJI has clarified it,  thank you.
2017-5-31
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-24 14:49
Thought it was a bit suspect.

What is suspect Hallmark 007?
2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-5-31 05:40
What is suspect Hallmark 007?

Bully for you.
Kind of strange he didn't contact beta program to get it sorted.
2017-5-31
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137369 ft
United States

Ehh..  I think you need to update your app?  I've been with my spark for two days now.  Retail unit, not beta.

To OP: I just used the app and scanned the barcode on the box to register/activate it.  
2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

milksteak Posted at 2017-5-31 06:25
Ehh..  I think you need to update your app?  I've been with my spark for two days now.  Retail unit, not beta.

To OP: I just used the app and scanned the barcode on the box to register/activate it.

Hi milksteak, how did you manage to come on one so quick, and do you have remote control.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

milksteak Posted at 2017-5-31 06:25

At the time of the post, the 4.1.0 version of the app that added support for the Spark wasn't released yet. The app was released two days afterwards.
2017-5-31
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-31 08:29
At the time of the post, the 4.1.0 version of the app that added support for the Spark wasn't released yet. The app was released two days afterwards.

Jamie is 100 percent correct
2017-5-31
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-31 05:59
Bully for you.
Kind of strange he didn't contact beta program to get it sorted.

Oh hey Hallmark,  I see you are still being you even after your return.   I see you learned nothing
2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-5-31 08:44
Oh hey Hallmark,  I see you are still being you even after your return.   I see you learned nothing

Well I think it's fair to say there's a whole beta support group for dji beta testers it just seems strange asking the question here.
So yes suspect...

I will always be me it's who I am , I've just realised whom I'm talking to . Just another name change I see

Inviolable   Somebody who inherits the right of being incapable of being violated ,
There's an irony there somewhere..
2017-5-31
Use props
Nikon 1
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-31 07:08
Hi milksteak, how did you manage to come on one so quick, and do you have remote control.

He posted in another forum that he was in Asia and was able to legally acquire one a few days ago.

Envious should be a colour!  IIRC - He did NOT get the controller, but I'm not positive.
2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nikon 1 Posted at 2017-5-31 11:00
He posted in another forum that he was in Asia and was able to legally acquire one a few days ago.

Envious should be a colour!  IIRC - He did NOT get the controller, but I'm not positive.

Thank you Nikon.
2017-5-31
Use props
milksteak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137369 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-31 07:08

I'm currently living in Shanghai.  Local DJI brick and mortar confirmed an initial shipment in China was already released and sold out.  I found a DJI dealer online who had a few left in stock, paid about an equivalent of 50usd more for it though.  He's now charging 80 more for it.  Seems like the demand is increasing every day.  

The ONLY ones that were released in China thus far is the drone-only in white.  The bundles haven't been released yet, anyone in China with them in-hand at this point I can only assume has special privy.  I have the remote and a couple batteries on order, dealer is saying mid Jun for these.
2017-5-31
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-31 09:00
Well I think it's fair to say there's a whole beta support group for dji beta testers it just seems strange asking the question here.
So yes suspect...

We figured it out via DJI, however you failed to see this.  Refer to Jamies answer for…. the answer.  I'm not going engage with you.
2017-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-5-31 17:09
We figured it out via DJI, however you failed to see this.  Refer to Jamies answer for…. the answer.  I'm not going engage with you.

I did refer to his answer. No point in trying to activate before app came out . Think you would find beta testers would be well aware of this, all very strange, I'm very happy not to discuss this with you I all ready know what I know.
2017-5-31
Use props
W8YHnobZdaKs
lvl.1
United States

Have just spent two hours failing to "activate" my new Spark, I am OUTRAGED at the failures to make this process possible and all I have here so far is an expensive brick. The tutorial video is nonsense, and the activation process apparently requires a simultaneous internet connection and connection to the aircraft from the tablet/phone. Well guess what, here I can have one or the other, but not both simultaneously!! Also, the password to connect to the Spark wifi system is NOT the password on the label inside the Spark, but rather the one on the controller!!  I have no idea what to do about this, but I'm real, real unhappy.   
2017-6-16
Use props
fansfa6ca95b
New

United States

I just received my DJI spark today. I cannot get it to connect using their supplied password. Keeps telling me wrong password. Any suggestions?
2017-6-16
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansfa6ca95b Posted at 2017-6-16 18:41
I just received my DJI spark today. I cannot get it to connect using their supplied password. Keeps telling me wrong password. Any suggestions?

Can I make a guess that you are using IOS?
2017-6-17
Use props
heagneypr
lvl.1
United States

Two issues:  1.  In the selfie mode, the drone recognizes me, responds to the hand gestures, including the wave.  It retreats, as expected, about 10 feet or so and begins following me for about 30 feet, then stops in mid-air.  It hovers, but doesn't respond to the 'Y' command to land.  After about 10 minutes it soars to about 100 feet, locates the take-off spot and descends to about 24 inches above it, but it won't land until the battery depletes.  Second:  No video is recorded.  Do I have to activate the camera?
2017-7-3
Use props
fansd527bb06
New

United Kingdom

Can someone please state how they activated the damn thing
2017-8-22
Use props
mlangman
New
United States

Just bought (9/2/2017) my DJI Spark, have spent several hours following instructions/forums and watching videos.
The QR code did not work, so I went manual.
I can get the drone connected (Wi-Fi) with no problem at all and I can get DJI Go 4 (v4.1.8) app to go through
the initial activation process without any issues, but when it comes to clicking on the "Activate" button, the
DJI Go 4 app is unable to activate the Spark. It always states the cannot connect to the internet, and
yes I checked the Internet connection on the phone and it works fine. I did this process about 10 times just to
make sure I did not miss anything or make any mistakes.

I also created 2 different accounts with DJI just case this was the issue.

I am and Windows/Android engineer/developer, and yes I am familiar with the WIFI connection between
the Spark and my Internet and which one needs to be on and what time during the activation process.

This is also my 4th drone and I do have a previous DJI drone, which works great.

So the only option I can think of is to start up a network protocol analyzer and see if the DJI activation
server is responding, but before doing this I thought it would be a good idea to give DJI time to respond
to this issue.

I look forward to a response DJI.

Thank you,

2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

mlangman Posted at 2017-9-7 17:48
Just bought (9/2/2017) my DJI Spark, have spent several hours following instructions/forums and watching videos.
The QR code did not work, so I went manual.
I can get the drone connected (Wi-Fi) with no problem at all and I can get DJI Go 4 (v4.1.8) app to go through

Mlangman, please provide me the screenshot with the error message. Thanks.
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

fansfa6ca95b Posted at 2017-6-16 18:41

Did you try to reset the password? Here is the link:
2017-9-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

heagneypr@aol.c Posted at 2017-7-3 11:15
Two issues:  1.  In the selfie mode, the drone recognizes me, responds to the hand gestures, including the wave.  It retreats, as expected, about 10 feet or so and begins following me for about 30 feet, then stops in mid-air.  It hovers, but doesn't respond to the 'Y' command to land.  After about 10 minutes it soars to about 100 feet, locates the take-off spot and descends to about 24 inches above it, but it won't land until the battery depletes.  Second:  No video is recorded.  Do I have to activate the camera?

You didn't need to activate the camera.
Since you were able to use selfie mode, I'm sure it was activated. Please make sure there is no interference around your spark.
2017-9-8
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

I did run into the same issue back in July when I tried to activate mine.  Ended up deleting the GO4 app and reinstalling it and then I was able to activate.. Hope this helps.
2017-9-8
Use props
mlangman
New
United States

Hi DJI/Sparky_17

Thank you for your reply/s.

Sparky_17, I did uninstall/reinstall the DJI Go 4 software several times, it did not help. Thank you.

I also changed out the Standard Spark to the Fly More Combo last night. I still had the same issue.

Finally I manged to solve the issue by loading the DJI GO 4 software on my wife's iPhone 5s and activating the Spark from my wife's phone.
Once I had activated the Spark, I was able to go back to my phone Samsung Galaxy Note II running Android (KitKat) and
started using the Spark successfully. But need to run more tests to be 100% sure.

Thank you,
2017-9-8
Use props
mlangman
New
United States

Ran into another problem. Could not update the firmware on the joystick controller for the DJI Spark.
Took the unit back to Microcenter. They tried to update the joystick controller using a
Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus. This phone also failed to update the joystick controller firmware for the Spark.

We took the controller and Spark over to the Apple section and used on of the latest IPads to update the
Spark joystick controller and it worked just fine.

I then lost video on my Samsung Galaxy Note ii which worked before the joystick controller update.
So it looks like these Spark units are designed to work with Apple products, more so then Android products.
The video did work on the latest iPad that Microcenter had.

Hope this information helps others.
2017-9-8
Use props
helix2000
lvl.1
United States

I nust got my Spark and also having issues activating via Android.  The Go 4 bar reader does not complete scan or fails to read the var code.  Have de-installed and re-installed GO 4 with no success.  Going to try my work IPhone when I get home.  Very frustrating.  There has got to be another way to activate the drone.  I have three other DJI drones including Mavic and have never had such a dproblem.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

helix2000 Posted at 2017-10-20 03:12
I nust got my Spark and also having issues activating via Android.  The Go 4 bar reader does not complete scan or fails to read the var code.  Have de-installed and re-installed GO 4 with no success.  Going to try my work IPhone when I get home.  Very frustrating.  There has got to be another way to activate the drone.  I have three other DJI drones including Mavic and have never had such a dproblem.

Keep us posted on how the it went on the iPhone. Also, did you ensure that the aircraft was up to date?
2017-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules