Can't stay in hover position after some flights...
1485 11 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7ced7471
lvl.1
Colombia

Hi

After some excellents fligths, my dji mavic pro after it take off can't stay at hover position and it moves to left, other to right, to back or up or down, however, when it was new in past March/2017 and until last firmaware update, it stayed fix in hover flight, at one position at the air.

What can I do?

Please help.

Juan Pablo Díaz
Bogotá-Colombia
2017-5-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It might be possible that it was caused by the firmware update but many people are on the latest update without this problem.
You could try refreshing the firmware in case there was a small error in the original update.
You could also try doing an IMU calibration as this tends to fix drifting.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans7ced7471
lvl.1
Colombia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-24 21:39
It might be possible that it was caused by the firmware update but many people are on the latest update without this problem.
You could try refreshing the firmware in case there was a small error in the original update.
You could also try doing an IMU calibration as this tends to fix drifting.

Thank you!
Well, I followed your ideas and after I did the next step my Dragon "mavic" return to nice flight:
1. Connect my Dragon to dji-Assitant 2 and refresh the firmware
2. Connect control to dii-Assitant 2 and refresh the firmware
3. Recalibrate IMU
4. Recalibrate Compas.

result: Excellent

Great all, thanks again

JPDS
2017-5-27
Use props
fans7ced7471
lvl.1
Colombia

fans7ced7471 Posted at 2017-5-27 19:28
Thank you!
Well, I followed your ideas and after I did the next step my Dragon "mavic" return to nice flight:
1. Connect my Dragon to dji-Assitant 2 and refresh the firmware

I believe that the problem was resolved, but today I did some take offs, and my dragon can't stay one position and changing up or down, but it didn't move to right, left, front or back... Any idea to resolve this problem? I have thought in reset my dragon to factory default settings because I haven't felt secure to flight it.
Someone can help me?
2017-6-2
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

fans7ced7471 Posted at 2017-6-2 18:59
I believe that the problem was resolved, but today I did some take offs, and my dragon can't stay one position and changing up or down, but it didn't move to right, left, front or back... Any idea to resolve this problem? I have thought in reset my dragon to factory default settings because I haven't felt secure to flight it.
Someone can help me?

Are you seeing any warnings on the screen?
When the DJI GO 4 app first starts, there is a list of all the stats ans whether everything is normal or not. Are you checking this list?
It just seems like sometimes you are taking off either without full gps or in an area that may affect the compass.
2017-6-2
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Someone can help me?

That's not a bad idea - if there is a bogus setting there it will get erased and should get back to normal. But this is only a trial and error thing - you can be lucky and it'll work but it may work only after a second or third try. If you have the patience - do so. Won't hurt and can help. Wishing you best of luck and happy flying :-) Cheers!
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Someone can help me?

When you say can't hover at what height are we talking about.
2017-6-3
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Close to the ground you will start to see some up and down movement as it relies on internal barometer which is affected by temperature for example.
Also any wind even that generated by Mavic itself will make it difficult to stay in the exact spot.
It's also much easier to see any slight changes when near the ground!
It will often seem much more stable once up above trees or buildings which tend to disrupt any breeze.
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

4wd Posted at 2017-6-3 03:21
Close to the ground you will start to see some up and down movement as it relies on internal barometer which is affected by temperature for example.
Also any wind even that generated by Mavic itself will make it difficult to stay in the exact spot.
It's also much easier to see any slight changes when near the ground!

VPS should keep it steady close to the ground after 15 meters of altitude it looses VPS and then gps and barometer keep it in place, that's why I asked op what height he was having problems at he might need to do sensors calibration.
2017-6-3
Use props
fans7ced7471
lvl.1
Colombia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-6-2 22:36
Are you seeing any warnings on the screen?
When the DJI GO 4 app first starts, there is a list of all the stats ans whether everything is normal or not. Are you checking this list?
It just seems like sometimes you are taking off either without full gps or in an area that may affect the compass.

Hi Jenee
Yes  I checked all things, the only new at  test the last Saturday was that App showed me that "Cannot get the current position of your mobile device". However I checked my iPhone 7 and DJI App and all notifications are ON. The Satellite number was 20 and I was in a open place.
2017-6-5
Use props
fans7ced7471
lvl.1
Colombia

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-6-3 01:08
That's not a bad idea - if there is a bogus setting there it will get erased and should get back to normal. But this is only a trial and error thing - you can be lucky and it'll work but it may work only after a second or third try. If you have the patience - do so. Won't hurt and can help. Wishing you best of luck and happy flying :-) Cheers!

Thang rnrnrn, I will try new tests and I share the news about this issue.
2017-6-5
Use props
fans7ced7471
lvl.1
Colombia

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-3 02:55
When you say can't hover at what height are we talking about.

Hi,
after it takes off... when it was new and after some flights, it stayed at 1.2m without problems.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules