Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Customer Service Horror
1497 18 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd947d251
lvl.1
United States

On Saturday April 29th I crashed my drone. It was completely my fault due to my lack of knowledge. I created a service the next day on Sunday April 30th. The day that the saga of the worst customer service I've ever received began.
I mailed my drone out the next day May 1st, it would not be received until May 10th. It is well documented that the shipping to and from DJI is not a timely matter so this was a non-issue, more on that later. I received my invoice on Friday May 12th, even though in the system it says damaged was accessed on Friday May 15th. I paid my invoice on the 12th and have a recieipt of payment for that day. On the following Monday, I received an invoice for a lower amount. I immeditately disputed the charge and was told I would have an answer on the next steps that day and that the issue had been escalated to a supervisor, all of which I have in writing. At this point, the payment for the higher amount had been received and repairs had started. After 72 hours (DJI requests you wait 24-48 hours for a response) I utilized the chat and called to request a follow-up. I was told at that point I would need to wait an additional 24-48 hours for a response to my follow-up request. At this point, repairs had been completed and it was now in line to be shipped.  Frustrated, I waited 72 hours and received no response. I then called back and asked to speaker to a supervisor immediately. After about an hour, I spoke to a DJI supervisor who indicated that he would have the drone shipping expedited (the drone would ship faster through UPS, the shipping at DJI processing would remain the same) and that he would send a email to his supervisor to address the payment issue. He said that the drone would ship latest by friday. Later that night I received an email indicating that payment disputes would take 4-12 weeks, leaning more towards the 12 week side and a solution to rectify the problem was offered. I accepted as I have grown tired and frustrated with the process and just wanted it to end. Having figured out the payment issue, I now await the return of my drone. Unfortunately, the promise I was given was in fact a lie. I received a notifcation that my drone would be shipped ground and would arrive in a week.

The amount of time delaying answers, the lies, and false promises is unacceptable. The treatment I received does not reflect well on the customer service you provide. I will be writing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and use word of mouth to spread the inefficiency of your customer service.

2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Best way to deal with it is PM one of the admin to see if they can help you. Mindy or Ken they are quick!
2017-5-24
Use props
Ch0mper
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the advice. I have done just that.

2017-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

This situation has filled me with regret. We sincerely apologize for all these trouble.
Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it?
2017-5-24
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-24 20:31
This situation has filled me with regret. We sincerely apologize for the delay.

Awesome!!!!
2017-5-24
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

This situation has filled me with regret. We sincerely apologize for the delay.

Awesome!!!!
2017-5-24
Use props
Ch0mper
lvl.1
United States

My general repair case number was: CAS-609865-X5Y6G8
The case number for the payment dispute is: #542032

Thank you for looking into this matter.
2017-5-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

It's strange that you'd get two different invoices for two different amounts, all right? By any chance do you have Care Refresh and was the first invoice for $79? The only thing I can think of is that once your Mavic was received that they sent you an invoice for a Care Refresh replacement -- which is definitely the normal procedure -- and then later after the damage was assessed they sent you one for the cost of having it fixed and sent back.

In any case, Mindy will be able to provide you with a definitive answer and hopefully improve the situation for you.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ch0mper Posted at 2017-5-25 03:30
My general repair case number was: CAS-609865-X5Y6G8
The case number for the payment dispute is: #542032

I sympathize with your situation and sincerely sorry for the unpleasant experience,  I’ve reported your case to the management to see what we can do to make your experience with us better, we will have someone to contact you soon.Appreciate your patience.
2017-5-25
Use props
Ch0mper
lvl.1
United States

DroneFlying - I do have DJI Care Refresh but in this instance I did not request to invoke that privilege. The original invoice I received did not have that amount for the refresh.

DJI-Thor - Thank you for the response, I look forward to your outreach.
2017-5-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Ch0mper Posted at 2017-5-25 04:55
DroneFlying - I do have DJI Care Refresh but in this instance I did not request to invoke that privilege. The original invoice I received did not have that amount for the refresh.

DJI-Thor - Thank you for the response, I look forward to your outreach.

I do have DJI Care Refresh but in this instance I did not request to invoke that privilege. The original invoice I received did not have that amount for the refresh.

I see. Well, that is indeed strange, then. I have seen more than one thread where someone with Care Refresh initially got an invoice for $79 and had to explicitly request a repair quote before they'd get one, so in at least some cases in the past DJI just assumed the customer wanted a Care Refresh replacement instead of a repair. But apparently that's not what happened here.

Out of curiosity, what was the extent of the damage to your Mavic and what were the amounts in the two estimates you received?
2017-5-25
Use props
Ch0mper
lvl.1
United States

The extent of the damage was a broken Camera Flexible Flat Cable, a part that is a total of $3. The repair time was 2 hours at $65 per hour. The total repair was $133. I could not justify using the DJI Refresh on the repair as the difference between the two was negligible. The invoice I originally received, was not for $133 and the actual difference between the two was not that big of an amount, only $13. I thought since it was such a small difference there would be no problem providing a refund. I was wrong. At a certain point it became less about the money and more about getting a straight answer or solution. That issue has since been resolved. The process to get to that point however was cumbersome and frustrating as detailed above.

I do look forward to a response from DJI.
2017-5-25
Use props
Ch0mper
lvl.1
United States

UPDATE #1

I received a phone call today from a DJI manager who was very polite and provided an apology. He said there was no excuse for the treatment that I had received. He indicated that everything was well documented and  there was simply no excuse. He provided me with a remedy for the trouble that I was caused, unfortunately that remedy was the same exact offer provided to me the day before in regards to the payment dispute, props. The manager said that the drone was already shipped and there was nothing much that could be done. He informed me that he would talk to his supervisor to see if there was any thing else they could provide me with.

Fast forward 20 mins later. I receive a notification indicating that the package that was sent was not my drone, but in fact the remedy for the previous payment dispute (props). My drone in fact has not been shipped as of 8:42PM EST, even thought the repair site indicates that it was shipped via the repair progress tracker. I have been informed that the supervisor who contacted me previously is working with logistics to have the drone shipped within the next 24 hours. ( I received this message at 3:43PM EST)  The only problem however is that unless the drone ships with next day shipping tomorrow, it is still going to arrive around the time it would have if it was actually shipped yesterday. I have sent a request to see if it is possible to have it shipped for next day air tomorrow.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Ch0mper Posted at 2017-5-25 16:45
UPDATE #1

I received a phone call today from a DJI manager who was very polite and provided an apology. He said there was no excuse for the treatment that I had received. He indicated that everything was well documented and  there was simply no excuse. He provided me with a remedy for the trouble that I was caused, unfortunately that remedy was the same exact offer provided to me the day before in regards to the payment dispute, props. The manager said that the drone was already shipped and there was nothing much that could be done. He informed me that he would talk to his supervisor to see if there was any thing else they could provide me with.

We'll also keep an eye on its progress, please keep us posted if you have any further questions, thank you so much for your patience and support!
2017-5-26
Use props
Ch0mper
lvl.1
United States

Update# 2

So after some back and forth with DJI Support, my request for one day shipping was granted. I received my drone today. It appears to be a brand new drone as the serial numbers on the repair order do not match those of what i was sent. The drone also has the stickers on it from a brand new one. I have reached out to see how to get this new drone aligned to my account, my DJI Care refresh aligned to the drone and to inquire as to whether this new drone counts towards the DJI Care refresh (It shouldn't, I paid for the repairs in full). While I cannot fly today, I am at least happy that the effort was made to fix the situation, albeit late.

I am hopeful that the worst of this situation is over and that the questions above can be answered in the positive. If I am required to return this drone. Oh lord.

Fun note: Originally i was sent a notices that shipping of a package was sent for 5 day ground delivery AND a package for 1 day roughly around the same time. I speculate that the 5 day ground package may have been my actual drone. They recalled the 5 day ground package once I notified them, but it would have been nice to have two drones .

Final update is forthcoming.

2017-5-27
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ch0mper Posted at 2017-5-27 07:58
Update# 2

So after some back and forth with DJI Support, my request for one day shipping was granted. I received my drone today. It appears to be a brand new drone as the serial numbers on the repair order do not match those of what i was sent. The drone also has the stickers on it from a brand new one. I have reached out to see how to get this new drone aligned to my account, my DJI Care refresh aligned to the drone and to inquire as to whether this new drone counts towards the DJI Care refresh (It shouldn't, I paid for the repairs in full). While I cannot fly today, I am at least happy that the effort was made to fix the situation, albeit late.

Thank you for your feedback, we're so happy to hear that you're able to get it back to fly, enjoy it, looking forward wonderful pictures and videos from you. We will keep improving to provide you all more professional service, thank you again for your support.
2017-5-27
Use props
Bradders
Second Officer
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

Completely agree with you, I would like to report the bad service somewhere also..... I love DJI products but the service received is honestly terrible, the amount of times I have contact DJI online support and just get told to be patient!! (It says it will be fixed in 2 working days online, and it has been 8 now!! and I get told to be patient) You will always get the same response from staff  if you post an issue on the forums "This situation has filled me with regret", there is actually nothing you can do to help the situation, I have learnt this and am still in the process of a repair which is taking forever.
My first mistake was buying the Mavic though DJI online shop with a debit card, absolutely no protection, nothing I could do, If I purchased though Amazon I would have sent it back and got a replacement in 2 days... anyway I pre ordered the Spark and as it is not available though Amazon, I purchased though Paypal, at least you can open up a case against DJI if your not happy   
2017-5-28
Use props
fansfd626cb8
lvl.1

United States

This situation has filled me with regret. We sincerely apologize for all these trouble.

Dji promises that where made to me have been broken over and over and over again with nothing but lies
2017-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansfd626cb8 Posted at 2017-7-12 12:33
Dji promises that where made to me have been broken over and over and over again with nothing but lies

Would you please provide more details about your experience with us? We will see if we can help you, thanks.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules