Friends list request, what happened to the empty promises?
1289 21 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Just a thought, make it work?
I have asked for this simple request numerous times, to have my friends list usable beyond page one, but that must have landed on deaf ears.

So, to anyone that has a say in what goes on, with the forum, please contact me and explain why this hasn't been fixed in over a year....

Does the DJI forum have a webmaster that actually has the ability to make this fix? If not, please hire one.
You have the manpower to pump out new drone models, how about spending some R&D money, to repair the broken forum parameters? ;-)

Hey, is anybody out there!!?  You want to entice me to make another DJI purchase? Fix it here first.
The RC community has been very good to me, but I can't chat with my forum friends, the way I would love to.

RedHotPoker
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

After you enter to Personal Homepage, then find "Friends" section, click the message icon on your friend's avator, you can send message to him.
We keep improving the functions to make it more suitable, could you please describe your request in detail, we'll forwarded your feedback to the management, thanks.
2017-5-25
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-25 18:54
After you enter to Personal Homepage, then find "Friends" section, click the message icon on your friend's avator, you can send message to him.
We keep improving the functions to make it more suitable, could you please describe your request in detail, we'll forwarded your feedback to the management, thanks.

Hi Natalia. Yes, what you say is true. Except one problem, I can't access any of the forum friends beyond page one.  I have around 180 friends here, when I tap any of the page numbers, it only brings me to the front  page of the forum.   Not to the friends page.

This has been duly noted, and was supposed to have been fixed, but it never has been.
Which is frustrating after all these ongoing months. Life is a wonderful journey, & Short. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-5-25 23:32
Hi Natalia. Yes, what you say is true. Except one problem, I can't access any of the forum friends beyond page one.  I have around 180 friends here, when I tap any of the page numbers, it only brings me to the front  page of the forum.   Not to the friends page.

This has been duly noted, and was supposed to have been fixed, but it never has been.

Sorry I'm a little confused.
Could you please show me a small video showing that so I can forward you feedback to the IT engineers? Thank you very much!
2017-5-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-27 02:02
Sorry I'm a little confused.
Could you please show me a small video showing that so I can forward you feedback to the IT engineers? Thank you very much!

DJI Natalia, thanks for the feedback. ;-)

Please request further information from DJI Joe, as he experiences the same forum friends lock out.
Not sure what a video will detail that can't be understood by my simple explanation above.
I can not connect to my friends list beyond the first page of my friends list.  If I tap page number 2-8, it sends my browser to page one of the forum.

Thanks and have a nice day, enjoy the weekend as well.

RedHotPoker
2017-5-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-5-27 15:05
DJI Natalia, thanks for the feedback. ;-)

Please request further information from DJI Joe, as he experiences the same forum friends lock out.

I forwarded your feedback to Joe for further assistance.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-5-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, it's already been mentioned before, several long months ago...
Why would it take over a year to fix this forum glitch?
DJI has brought out two new drones in this time...

What is the bottom line? Your customer base or random sales....

RedHotPoker
2017-5-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The beat goes on.... Any updates on getting a super qualified tech to fix the fracked up friends list, yet?

If you folks at DJI can't fix the basic forum functionality, how can you build a trusted drone....?  ;-)

Make me bite, or bight.... Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-6-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

This is getting more hilarious.
I posted the last transmission, earlier, yet it shows seven hours ago, but the thread remains on page four. Hahaha

Just shameful, if it were me, I'd duck out, and shove my head into the deep sand too. Playing possum/ostrich.

Please fix the forum friends list so that I can share my personal thoughts off the grid of forum threads.

Can you do it? Chuckles
Been over a year already, so it looks miserably negatory, from my perspective.

Can anyone who has enough knowledge to comment, please tell us all, what the broken and bruised friend list signifies.

Beyond page one it's useless and pointless. Just a counter.... Who needs it?
Can Iask, are you folks X actually even making any attempt what so ever to fix this?
Tell the truth atleast, and I may be more apt to desire more DJI products.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-30 03:20

Aloha Natalia,

RedHot's problem is real.  I went to his Homepage and tried to get past the first "Friends" page of his 24 friends.  This is after the 7 "Friends" listed on RedHot's Home page.  All the links take you to the Front Page for the Forum.

For example look at your own Homepage.  You have 7 listed Friends on your Home page.  If you click on "More" at the top right of the list of 7 Friends you will get the "Friends" page where you have listed 11 friends.  RedHot has 24 listed friends on that page and clicking on "Next" on the bottom right is supposed to take you to the next page.  All the links take you to the Front Page for the Forum in RedHot's "Friends" page.

You can even go to his Home Page and see for your self like I just did.    All the links take you to the Front Page for the Forum.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-30 03:20

Aloha Natalia,

Well, this is getting interesting.  I never thought to check my Friends list before I posted my earlier post to you.  My Friends list also sends me to the Forum front page just like DJI-Joe and RedHot's Friends List does.

So count me in with those who are not able to bring up the higher order Friends List.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 01:53
Aloha Natalia,

Well, this is getting interesting.  I never thought to check my Friends list before I posted my earlier post to you.  My Friends list also sends me to the Forum front page just like DJI-Joe and RedHot's Friends List does.

Hi Ken, check your friends list now. ;-)

Yes, DJI finally went ahead and repaired the broken list. Yes, it finally works.

Man, I am sad to see how many people I friended have been banned from posting here.
Talk about some brutal housecleaning... Anyway, in remembrance of those lost souls, I won't delete even one of them...
Yes, & on another note,  a sad note at that. I was informed that DJI-Ken has left the forum mod position he had. I miss that guy already. He was always so very polite and kind to me, it kind of stings, that I hadn't been more attentive to our off the forum friendship. He went out of his normal duties to try and help me with a personal matter, and I will be forever grateful to him, for his assistance and taking time from his busy schedule to assist me with my unusual request of him. He was a genuine and thoughtful staff member of this ever growing forum.
I hope the new staff here can even partly fill his large comfortable shoes. Wishing him long life and all the blessings, deserving of his kind soul.
If he ever reads this, I hope it brings a smile to his face...

Thanks too, for your kindness here and off of the forum pages Cetacean, you're a gift to this forum.

Be well... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-6-13 09:25
Hi Ken, check your friends list now. ;-)

Yes, DJI finally went ahead and repaired the broken list. Yes, it finally works.

Aloha RedHot,

Yes, mine works again.  I had only two overflowing into the second page so I was just barely able to check the problem.  Good to see it is working again!

Sad to hear DJI-Ken has moved up the command chain, but good for him!  He will be sorely missed, but the others do also put out the extra effort.  Ken set a good example!  That is why it bothers me to see any of them abused on this Forum.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 12:52
Aloha RedHot,

Yes, mine works again.  I had only two overflowing into the second page so I was just barely able to check the problem.  Good to see it is working again!

How are you able to reply to this thread, when I can't see it on the forum Service section?

Perhaps this thread has gone into the hidden folder and it no longer matters, but since the fix has finally been done, it no longer is a concern to me either..
You can reply by seeing the notification at the top right corner, but then no one else can see it here or make comment.

This is the web address I see when clicking Support...
http://forum.dji.com/forum. php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=79&filter =author&orderby=dateline
I put spaces in the above addy so that you can see it completely...

RedHotPoker

2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-6-13 13:16
How are you able to reply to this thread, when I can't see it on the forum Service section?

Perhaps this thread has gone into the hidden folder and it no longer matters, but since the fix has finally been done, it no longer is a concern to me either..

Aloha RedHot,

This is the addy for your Service Thread;

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid829876

You are right, I have not been able to find it.  Maybe we are in the "Dump File"!

Now you got me looking for it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-6-13 13:16

Aloha RedHot,

Apparently, I have a talent for finding things.  You were the first place I looked.  In "Service", look all the way to the right and click on "Forum Issues".  There we are!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 01:53
Aloha Natalia,

Sorry to have kept you waiting, the problem has been resolved recently, please double check it and feel free to let us know if you have any further questions, appreciate your support!
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-13 18:35
Sorry to have kept you waiting, the problem has been resolved recently, please double check it and feel free to let us know if you have any further questions, appreciate your support!

Aloha Natalia,

Yes, I did check it and it is working properly.  Mahalo!  Lucky I had two "Friends" on the second page or I would not have had enough to test RedHot's problem.

BTW, editing can now be done a day or more after posting.  The previous information was that you could edit for 2 minutes after posting.  Is the change intended or did it slip under the radar?

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 18:42
Aloha Natalia,

Yes, I did check it and it is working properly.  Mahalo!  Lucky I had two "Friends" on the second page or I would not have had enough to test RedHot's problem.

Kind of wish I could use group mailing lists for some of my greeting PM's? ;-)

I have gone back several days later to correct spelling and or grammatical errors. It's not me, I'm an English Major but the dreaded spell check. My iPad must be wearing out and Siri is getting tired too.

Ken if you happen to hear from DJI-Ken, give him my best wishes. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 17:47
Aloha RedHot,

Apparently, I have a talent for finding things.  You were the first place I looked.  In "Service", look all the way to the right and click on "Forum Issues".  There we are!

Ah, thanks. I was stumped. They have opened  so many subdivisions here now. You need a road map and GPS to find your way around. Now I'll need my Silva compass to find my way back out of here. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-6-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-6-13 23:52
Ah, thanks. I was stumped. They have opened  so many subdivisions here now. You need a road map and GPS to find your way around. Now I'll need my Silva compass to find my way back out of here. ;-)

Aloha RedHot,

Well, do not get lost.  We will have to come looking for you!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-6-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-6-13 23:58
Aloha RedHot,

Well, do not get lost.  We will have to come looking for you!

I left a trail of crumbs. Hopefully the rodents don't find them.... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules