Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Care
697 3 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

I'd like to have more information about DJI Care, I couldn't find all the answers to my questions on forums and DJI's website.

-Am I eligible if the drone has been activated since several months? My retailer told me to make a video to prove that the drone is still functional.
-Isn't DJI Care redundant with the warranty? Since it garantees repairs if anything happens during "normal use", doesn't the warranty garantees repairs if the drone acts abnormally?
-what is a "normal use"? If the drones crashes during a normal use, doesn't the warranty (of 2 years?) covers the repairs?
-Isn't it more interesting to buy DJI Care after 2 years, when the warranty doesn't cover the drone anymore?

2017-5-25
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Hi Samoth,

In red the answers

-Am I eligible if the drone has been activated since several months? My retailer told me to make a video to prove that the drone is still functional.
Your retailer is correct, you have to make a video and proof all functions are up and running.
You can see examples online here
-Isn't DJI Care redundant with the warranty? Since it garantees repairs if anything happens during "normal use", doesn't the warranty garantees repairs if the drone acts abnormally?
If your drone crashes because of a drone failure then DJI will fix it because they have commited to deliver a working drone (guarantee). However in case you made an error (pilot error) and the drone crashes, cause you had in sports mode and forgot about the break distance, or flew with too much wind, crashed it against the wall when flying in your home etc. etc. then guarantee does not come into place. Then DJI Care is your answer.
-what is a "normal use"? If the drones crashes during a normal use, doesn't the warranty (of 2 years?) covers the repairs?
Normal use, see above. If the drone crashes during normal use then you have to send it in and DJI will read the data on your drone to determine if you used it "normal". If you used it normal then the cover the repair,.....if not,......yep you have to pay.
-Isn't it more interesting to buy DJI Care after 2 years, when the warranty doesn't cover the drone anymore?
Mmmmmm,...that's like driving a brand new Ferrari the first 2 years and after that period buy an BA+Full Omnium insurance.
I wouldn't take that risk.

So yes, you can rely on DJI when it comes to a drone failure.
But DJI Care is more about your own stupidity.
The moments when you realize,..........i shouldn't have done that.

Hope this info gave you a better understanding of the DJI care service.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mcflying, thanks for your detailed explanation.
Samoth, after reading the information above, if you still have query on it, please feel free to let us know, thanks.
2017-5-26
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-25 09:53
Hi Samoth,

In red the answers

Thanks a lot for these informations.

I'd like to know more about what DJI consider "a normal use". In my understanding, you can't crash your drone during a normal use,except if there is a drone failure (civered by warranty) or something unpredictable like a bird.

Anyway, 99 dollars for a year of coverage of a drone that costs more than 1000,it might be a good idea to take it, we never know...
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules