Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best Tablet fro Phantom 4
1949 18 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quadsteve
United States

I am looking to upgrade from my Iphone 6 to a tablet for my Phantom 4.  I am looking at the Ipad Mini.  I know I need to make sure any choice has WiFi and Cellular.  Your recommendations appreciated for best tablet that fits the Phantom 4 holder
2017-5-25
Use props
gixxer_rydder
lvl.1
United States

Mini + Garmin Glo = Awesome.
2017-5-25
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't try with the earlier generations of the Mini. I would suggest Mini 4 or later. Why do you believe you need WIFI and cellular?
2017-5-25
Use props
andyc57
lvl.3
Flight distance : 184032 ft
United States

I just upgrade to lates IPAD 5th Generation from my IPHONE 6Se the phone screen to small
2017-5-28
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I usually use an iPad Pro 9.7".  I have also used an iPad Pro 12.9, but it is sometimes overkill on the size.  The iPad Pro 9.7 has the least screen glare by A LOT compared to other models.  I often use a iPad mini 4.  The mini 2 seems to under-perform.  The mini 3 and mini 4 have the same processor, but the glare on the mini 4 is much reduced from the mini 3.  For those reasons, the best mini to use is the mini 4.  But if you include ALL iPads, I'd choose the Pro 9.7".
2017-5-28
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BobUnplugged Posted at 2017-5-28 01:46
I usually use an iPad Pro 9.7".  I have also used an iPad Pro 12.9, but it is sometimes overkill on the size.  The iPad Pro 9.7 has the least screen glare by A LOT compared to other models.  I often use a iPad mini 4.  The mini 2 seems to under-perform.  The mini 3 and mini 4 have the same processor, but the glare on the mini 4 is much reduced from the mini 3.  For those reasons, the best mini to use is the mini 4.  But if you include ALL iPads, I'd choose the Pro 9.7".

I believe the Mini 2 and Mini 3 have the same specs except the fingerprint scanner. The Mini 4 was a significant step up from the 3.
2017-5-28
Use props
Andrezaslt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412641 ft
Lithuania

Using Ipad Mini 3 , never had any crashes, works perfect.
2017-5-28
Use props
fansdda713fd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23950 ft
United States

Couldn't you use a iPAD 4 mini with Cellular - and never activate the cellular  - and use the GPS for the maps, so you don't have to by external gps like the Garmin Glo ?

I have a IPAD 4th gen A1458  that they just phased out and wont let me use with the app.  Too slow of processor - A6X I think.

2017-5-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-5-25 13:23
Don't try with the earlier generations of the Mini. I would suggest Mini 3 or later. Why do you believe you need WIFI and cellular?

'Why do you believe you need WIFI and cellular?'

Possibly because he wants to have the GPS functionality in the iPad.
2017-5-28
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini 4 with every option available and you will have a keeper.
2017-5-29
Use props
wobbles
Captain
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you record your screens on ipads guys ?
2017-5-29
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-28 15:51
'Why do you believe you need WIFI and cellular?'

Possibly because he wants to have the GPS functionality in the iPad.

Ah. That makes sense. I read it and assumed he believed those features were necessary even to use the device with the P4P.
2017-5-29
Use props
gixxer_rydder
lvl.1
United States

Ipad pro + Garmin Glo works awesome for me. If I need wifi, I just enable my phone as a hotspot.
2017-5-30
Use props
BobUnplugged
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-5-28 11:32
I believe the Mini 2 and Mini 3 have the same specs except the fingerprint scanner. The Mini 4 was a significant step up from the 3.

No.  The 3 and 4 are similar.  The 3 was a big step up from the 2.
2017-5-31
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BobUnplugged Posted at 2017-5-31 04:44
No.  The 3 and 4 are similar.  The 3 was a big step up from the 2.

Incorrect. Look at the specs on the page below. Only thing they really added was touch ID to the Mini 3. The Mini 4 was a big step up from the Mini 3.

Mini 2 vs Mini 3

The specs conclusion was:

"The iPad Mini 3 is not a vast improvement over the Mini 2. It’s  identical in nearly all aspects, from the last-gen processor to the  built-in camera, with a higher price tag to boot. Its sole appeal lies  in the Touch ID sensor, which isn’t all that enticing for most users."

Then, look at the Mini 3 vs Mini 4 specs and see the significant improvement (like the A7 running dual core at 1.3 GHz compared to A8 running dual core at 1.5 GHz):

Mini 3 vs Mini 4
2017-5-31
Use props
DroneGuyEd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

ASUS Zenpad S 8 is working well for me.
2017-5-31
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

Don't try with the earlier generations of the Mini. I would suggest Mini 3 or later. Why do you believe you need WIFI and cellular?

Mini 3 has same processor as mini2, better bet for a longer life with the app updates is mini 4, plus it has a brighter screen. Only downside is costs more and is a tighter fit in the foam case. This question has been asked many times before, do a search and see the answers, some people recomend android over ios devices, its a never ending discussion
2017-6-1
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

Mini 3 has same processor as mini2, better bet for a longer life with the app updates is mini 4, plus it has a brighter screen. Only downside is costs more and is a tighter fit in the foam case. This question has been asked many times before, do a search and see the answers, some people recomend android over ios devices, its a never ending discussion
2017-6-1
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mallettron Posted at 2017-6-1 12:13

Thank you. Have a look at my other replies in this same thread. I have corrected the one you replied to.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules