Is this website legit ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cammybain 8
New

United Kingdom

I was looking to buy a Dji Phnatom 3 Advanced and was shopping around and found this site ( http://brooklyndjidrones.com/). The prices are extremely low so at first I though it was a scam, but on closer inspection the website takes PayPal as payment and seems to verified by Macafee (not sure if this makes a difference). Anyway since the prices were so low ($399 for Phantom 3 Adv) I was tempted to buy from here but I'm still not sure wether this is the real deal or just a scam.

Has anyone purchased or come across this site and if not what's your opinion on it ?

Thanks for any help in advance.
IMG_0171.PNG
IMG_0172.PNG
2017-5-25
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

I doubt they are an authorized DJI re-seller...    You can check for authorized DJI outlets...  http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy       Probably a repaired drone w/o a DJI warranty.
Be wary as their name is CLOSE to an actual Brooklyn DJI retailer at https://www.brooklyndrones.nyc/

2017-5-25
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Are they listed as an offical DJI reseller? If not then the DJI warranty is not valid in North America.
The photo is the business address.

If it looks too good then often it is. I have seen this with Photography gear too. The website looks genuine and all sorts of ways to pay for it, with protection, like Paypal and Credit Cards etc. Then when you place an order there is a sysytem failure but they still want to supply the product.  Can you send the funds by Western Union instead as that will work .....
Brooklyn Electronics.JPG
2017-5-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As well as the address that doesn't look like a drone shop, their website was only registered 6 days ago - to someone in Washington State
2017-5-25
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-25 16:12
As well as the address that doesn't look like a drone shop, their website was only registered 6 days ago - to someone in Washington State

Jeesh...   the dude is going to give us Washingtonians a bad name...   :-)
2017-5-25
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Looks pretty bogus to me.  At least I sort of hope it is.  I would be sick to my stomach if a new Advanced could be had for that price, after what I paid for mine.  Even if I did buy mine 2 years ago.
2017-5-25
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.2

United States

Definitely a scam. Almost as bad as Drone World. Google "Drone World Scams" to see what comes up.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Sometimes it can be too good to be true. You do want to double check with the list of DJI retailers as provided in post #2 just to ensure that you receive one with a valid warranty.
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules