Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Gimbal Disconnected" error
9083 30 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paulsoutside
New
Italy

I'm having an issue with my DJI PHANTOM 3 standard.
Here are the symptoms:
Gimbal disconnected error
Can't calibrate
Can't format sd card
No image in camera view

I can still control the camera with the remote, take off and fly but I have no video footage, can't record, or change camera settings.

I've restart the app, controller, and drone multiple times with no luck. I also deleted the app and tried it on a different phone with nothing. I thought it might have been the sd card but I've tried 2 different ones.
Anyone else have this issue?
IMG_5286.PNG
IMG_5287.PNG
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Is this right out of the box, or is it after a firmware update, a hard landing or anything to that effect?
2017-5-26
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

rough landing?  check the cables (white ribbon cable) and the two smaller wires.
2017-5-26
Use props
paulsoutside
New
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-26 14:11
Is this right out of the box, or is it after a firmware update, a hard landing or anything to that effect?

Ive flown it many times, I updated the firmware within the past month but I've flown it 2 other time after the update. I haven't crashed it at all.
2017-5-27
Use props
fans860ba0ce
New
Flight distance : 1650 ft
Australia

Exactly the same annoying problem. Did you manage to find a fix?

2017-6-11
Use props
grmy
New
Flight distance : 37487 ft

United States

WD9EON Posted at 2017-5-26 14:15
rough landing?  check the cables (white ribbon cable) and the two smaller wires.

You stated check two smaller wires. Where are they? If in the AC legs they are OK.
Same problem after rough landing which required a flex cable replacement. Roll motor was separated.  The camera / gimbal responds on start up. Corrects for roll, pitch, and yaw when AC is moved by hand but no video.

Suggestions?
2017-8-2
Use props
Tiho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227274 ft
Croatia

Buy genuine dji flat cable
2017-8-2
Use props
c_meram
New
Flight distance : 60535 ft
Ecuador

I had the same problem and after of hours looking for a solution in forums I decided to link the remote controller with the aircraft and works again!!
2017-8-4
Use props
Nvar Kawan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33 ft
Iraq

I have the same problem. I have phantom 4 pro. Can DJI please find a solution for this problem?
2017-8-4
Use props
Fuzo
lvl.1
Switzerland

I've too this probleme
2017-8-5
Use props
Oakley707
lvl.1
United States

I have this problem as well.  Gimbal clearly responds to RC, however, shows as "disconnected" in the DJI Go App.  I've tried multiple devices including Android and iOS.  All say the same thing, with no video at all.  I've also noticed that there is no option to take a picture or video or even see if an SD card is installed.  It is as if it isn't connected, but it clearly responds to the RC.  I've visually checked the cables, but am wondering if I need to actually take the camera off and try to connect the cables.  This seems somewhat laborious per YouTube.

Thank you in advance.
@dji Diana
2017-8-10
Use props
lvrzwllm2000.ya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21732 ft
United States

i have the same problem on my p3standard..all functions fine but the the red gimbal DISCONNECTED message ..should i be concerned ..tried to reconnecting RC several times hoping it will fix it ..but it remains the same
2017-10-29
Use props
fansb96b3a50
New
Flight distance : 1041263 ft
United States

It's the app, there's an issue with 3.1.18. Downgrade to 3.1.11 and the error will disappear.
2017-10-30
Use props
Jersey Johnnie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82041 ft
United States

Yup....same issue here! DJI where the heck are you guys??? HELP US
2017-10-30
Use props
Jersey Johnnie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 82041 ft
United States

Tiho Posted at 2017-8-2 22:27

What will that do?
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

lvrzwllm2000.ya Posted at 2017-10-29 22:38
i have the same problem on my p3standard..all functions fine but the the red gimbal DISCONNECTED message ..should i be concerned ..tried to reconnecting RC several times hoping it will fix it ..but it remains the same

Can you shoot photos and videos? What is the status of the gimbal light? Could you please provide a screenshot of the "About" page and a screenshot of the error message?
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Oakley707 Posted at 2017-8-10 13:47
I have this problem as well.  Gimbal clearly responds to RC, however, shows as "disconnected" in the DJI Go App.  I've tried multiple devices including Android and iOS.  All say the same thing, with no video at all.  I've also noticed that there is no option to take a picture or video or even see if an SD card is installed.  It is as if it isn't connected, but it clearly responds to the RC.  I've visually checked the cables, but am wondering if I need to actually take the camera off and try to connect the cables.  This seems somewhat laborious per YouTube.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, I just saw your post, have you got it resolved? If you have any further questions, please click on "Reply" button here so I can get a reminder, thanks.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Sorry for this, could you please also answer the questions I asked in the post 16#?
2017-10-30
Use props
Lugh23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21604 ft
Ireland

I have a Phantom 3 SE and just turned on tonight to check and on the App it says "Gimbal Disconnected". I changed from my tablet to my phone and exact same message. I uninstalled the App on my tablet and re-installed it and same problem. The gimbal works ok and can control it. My tablet says I need to upgrade new firmware but I can't download it. It keeps saying "paused". My phone says nothing except " Gimbal disconnected". I used love my Phantom but now... Sick of the hassle to be honest.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Lugh23 Posted at 2017-10-30 21:55
I have a Phantom 3 SE and just turned on tonight to check and on the App it says "Gimbal Disconnected". I changed from my tablet to my phone and exact same message. I uninstalled the App on my tablet and re-installed it and same problem. The gimbal works ok and can control it. My tablet says I need to upgrade new firmware but I can't download it. It keeps saying "paused". My phone says nothing except " Gimbal disconnected". I used love my Phantom but now... Sick of the hassle to be honest.

Can you use the drone to shot videos or images?  What is the status of the gimbal light? Could you please provide more details (Some screenshots or a short video) for better assistance?
2017-10-31
Use props
lvrzwllm2000.ya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21732 ft
United States

i am also having the same problem ..GIMBAL STATUS ....DISCONNECTED ..tried what every one have ..uninstalled /reinstalled but problem remains ..why cant  dji fix this problem which seems to be a software issue
2017-10-31
Use props
Lugh23
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-31 01:58
Can you use the drone to shot videos or images?  What is the status of the gimbal light? Could you please provide more details (Some screenshots or a short video) for better assistance?

Since I updated new app on phone and tablet it says "Gimbal Disconnected" I have taken photos and videos on both and tried everything like auto adjust gimbal and even pairing controls to device and unplugging(carefully with tweezers) the gimbal wire socket from device to gimbal and connecting the wire again and still same problem. The gimbal is working fine but I wouldn't risk flying it. It was working ok until new "update". Really tired of this. Why don't ye make CrystalSky $250 so people can afford as ye'd make more money as I'm sure you would have more customers. I wasted 100 Euros so far on an Android tablet that wouldn't work after an update I'll add photo's in a few minutes
2017-10-31
Use props
Lugh23
lvl.1
Ireland

Photobucket DJI APP Problems
2017-10-31
Use props
Lugh23
lvl.1
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-31 01:58

Photobucket DJIGO App problems   There are photos of my phone and tablet both showing gimbal disconnected and light is green on gimbal
2017-10-31
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I've also be hit with the "gimbal disconneded"  virus on my P3S .......................................................WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT DJI ??????????????
Never had a problem before but now the DJI GO app crashes every two min.
Kinda sorry I just bought a Mavic .. Might Just send it back so frustrated
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

lvrzwllm2000.ya Posted at 2017-10-31 07:17
i am also having the same problem ..GIMBAL STATUS ....DISCONNECTED ..tried what every one have ..uninstalled /reinstalled but problem remains ..why cant  dji fix this problem which seems to be a software issue

Have you checked the performance of gimbal, is everything working fine?
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Lugh23 Posted at 2017-10-31 10:25
Photobucket DJIGO App problems   There are photos of my phone and tablet both showing gimbal disconnected and light is green on gimbal

We've confirmed with our engineers, this is a false warning on the APP, no worries. Our engineers are working on it now, will fix it in the next update.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-10-31 17:36
I've also be hit with the "gimbal disconneded"  virus on my P3S .......................................................WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT IT DJI ??????????????
Never had a problem before but now the DJI GO app crashes every two min.
Kinda sorry I just bought a Mavic .. Might Just send it back so frustrated

Sorry for this, could you please provide me more details about your DJI GO app issue? What is the APP version? What mobile device are you using?  Besides, for the Mavic, is there anything wrong with it?
2017-11-1
Use props
Lugh23
lvl.1
Ireland

I solved the problem!! I searched for an older APK firmware as DJI has disabled the firmware rollback/downgrade on the App. I found a site with clean APK versions and downloaded DJI GO APK 3.1.10 using APK installer App on my tablet. I then switched off notifications on the DJIGO App and changed setting on Google Play from install upgrades to "Let me decide" and IT WORKS!! No error messages though you are asked upgrade available so just click X. For lag issues I switched off video cache and lowered my settings from 4k to 1080P at 50FPS and it's working perfectly with no lag!!!  I'm seriously thinking of selling my Phantom even though I do love it but there are far too many rushed firmware upgrades. DJI why not do less upgrades and test them thoroughly before unleashing them on us as I have crashed a new tablet I bought just for the DJI App as went deep into settings in tablet to try and correct an error which crashed my tablet and I find out it was your software/firmware was the problem and not my tablet. I can't send tablet back as it wasn't the makers of the tablet's fault. Is DJI going to reimburse me $120 ?  If I was using my drone for work like mountain rescue or security then I wouldn't have been able to use it due to constant firmware problems plus also it's dangerous to fly it with these errors as could crash and injure or kill someone.. Why not make more money and keep your customers happy by lowering the price of the DJI SkyCrystal to $200 as I would buy and I'm sure 1,000's of others and we would then all be "on the same page" so to speak meaning no more multiple issues with different devices. It makes sense!!
2017-11-4
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

But it might be dji plan to eliminate all tablet compatition to promote its crystal sales. My table also mysteriously stopped working recently as well with dji go app.... After I got the disconnect notice
2017-11-5
Use props
mauriciocruzdrones.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 716375 ft
Argentina

Tiho Posted at 2017-8-2 22:27

Ese problema se debe a un flex defectuoso. Fíjese que el número que está escrito en el flex tiene que ser el mismo. No todos los flex funcionan en todos los drones. Para el Phantom 3 Standard hay pro lo menos 3 flex distintos. Dígame qué número tiene escrito el flex de su drone y yo le podré decir cual funciona.

No importa si el cable flex es original o no. Lo importante es el número.

También me dedico a reparar drones en Santa Fe, Argentina, por eso le hablo desde la experiencia.
Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com
Saludos cordiales.
2020-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules