Your Questions Answered on Spark (We are flying and studying one)
12Next >
5250 42 2017-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Note - we have already done an extensive article - as well as many videos and a tips and hints forum thread. Much of this contains content not available anywhere else. Please take a look - hopefully we can answer some questions. Examples:
1. No, there is not a Map on the screen as with other DJI Craft UNLESS you get the R/C Controller.
2. Even thought small and light, those props can hurt you (sharp and fast) - we have a video.
3. How to use Palmlaunch to operate it with no device or r/c (video and text descriptions).
4. Device compatibility list.
5. Flying the Spark indoors (video).
6. Close up look at Spark and ports, battery, charger, etc. (video, etc.)

Unlike most bloggers who put up one long youtube video - which quickly becomes dated - we will be adding to our information on a constant basis as DJI changes things and as the community learns from each other.

Youtube Channel for those who don't like to read - https://www.youtube.com/user/craigimass

2017-5-26
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Do you have any downloadable AEB photo samples?
2017-5-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

"Even though small and light, those props can hurt you ( sharp and fast)" Hmmm? Coupled with the fact that it doesn't come with prop guards, this should be interesting...
2017-5-28
Use props
rightLANE
lvl.1
United States

I apologize if this is answered somewhere else in the forums, but I haven't had any luck finding this question already asked/answered. In either the active track or quick shot modes, can the Spark be set to take still photos at set intervals (every 2 or 5 seconds) so it can automatically take photos while tracking without requiring my input? I'm specifically interested in it taking photos while I'm rock climbing/bouldering when it is not possible to use gestures. I just want to set it to track and take photos on its own then I can go through them afterward and pick out the good ones.
2017-5-28
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

rightLANE Posted at 2017-5-28 15:13
I apologize if this is answered somewhere else in the forums, but I haven't had any luck finding this question already asked/answered. In either the active track or quick shot modes, can the Spark be set to take still photos at set intervals (every 2 or 5 seconds) so it can automatically take photos while tracking without requiring my input? I'm specifically interested in it taking photos while I'm rock climbing/bouldering when it is not possible to use gestures. I just want to set it to track and take photos on its own then I can go through them afterward and pick out the good ones.

I believe it will only take a picture when you tell it to.  What you can do instead is take video of you in active track and then take a screenshot of the frames you like.
2017-5-28
Use props
Rhoffmann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41755 ft
United States

Will the DJI goggles work with spark and controller?
2017-5-28
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Rhoffmann Posted at 2017-5-28 19:18
Will the DJI goggles work with spark and controller?

Apparently they will but need the controller. They will need a physical connection between the remote and goggles...going on what I have heard so far. DJI???
2017-5-28
Use props
rightLANE
lvl.1
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-5-28 15:31
I believe it will only take a picture when you tell it to.  What you can do instead is take video of you in active track and then take a screenshot of the frames you like.

Thanks. I guess that's why I couldn't find it mentioned in any of the tutorials. That's too bad. I guess pictures limited to 1920x1080 will have to do if I decide to purchases one.
2017-5-29
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
United States

rightLANE Posted at 2017-5-29 03:14
Thanks. I guess that's why I couldn't find it mentioned in any of the tutorials. That's too bad. I guess pictures limited to 1920x1080 will have to do if I decide to purchases one.

You'll still end up with some pretty cool pictures !!!
2017-5-29
Use props
alexyanet
lvl.1
United States

I have a question I will be using this on a moving platform in another words from my bass boat on lakes while I am fishing. Will this unit return to me while I am on the boat and have moved to a different home point from my initial startup of the spark drone??? Or will it return to the initial home point where I started recording??  I do not want to loose it in the lake . Please I need your feedback !!
2017-5-29
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

A feature I'm really interested in is the Panorama mode, Do you have any example shots, and could you tell me how it works please, I guess the drone rotates mid air ? Really appreciate any help
2017-5-29
Use props
Rhoffmann
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41755 ft
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-5-28 20:05
Apparently they will but need the controller. They will need a physical connection between the remote and goggles...going on what I have heard so far. DJI???

I ordered the fly more package so controller will be included. Thanks.

I did hear somewhere the the goggles would work but can't seem to find the article again
2017-5-29
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

alexyanet Posted at 2017-5-29 05:34
I have a question I will be using this on a moving platform in another words from my bass boat on lakes while I am fishing. Will this unit return to me while I am on the boat and have moved to a different home point from my initial startup of the spark drone??? Or will it return to the initial home point where I started recording??  I do not want to loose it in the lake . Please I need your feedback !!

I think you should be able to set the new home point (provided your flight smart device has GPS).
2017-5-29
Use props
fansaa7c4286
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166703 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Did anyone test the max speed with active track enabled from their mobile device? Wil it exceed the 10 kph, or is the speed limit the same as in manual controll on the mobile device?

Thijs
2017-5-30
Use props
fans3478e429
lvl.1
United States

Any idea when the controller will be available for purchase separately? I have the spark on order, but held off on the plus package since it won't be available for a while after the spark is released. Thanks for any info you can help me with. :-)
2017-5-31
Use props
Magnil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122838 ft
Sweden

fansaa7c4286 Posted at 2017-5-30 15:28
Did anyone test the max speed with active track enabled from their mobile device? Wil it exceed the 10 kph, or is the speed limit the same as in manual controll on the mobile device?

Thijs

+1. Would like to know maximum speed for active track too. If you turn of the sensors I think maximum speed is 21 kph. Is that also for active track?
2017-6-1
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Guy went to hong kong to watch them demo spark at the dji store. http://bit.ly/2qGftaL

Still not perfect. Reminds me of the old windows launches with Bill Gates pimping a bsod.
2017-6-1
Use props
Aigal Studio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237359 ft
France

Thanks guys!! When you switch the Spark in PAL mode, do you have the ability to record 1080P in 25FPS ?
2017-6-1
Use props
cayenne
lvl.1
United States

I have a question about the Spark.
This would be my first drone, and I've been trying to research.

Can ya'll tell me what all intelligent modes it has?  There has been some conflicting info I've found out there.
I know about the "new" modes...dronie, circle..etc.

But does the Spark also have other programmable modes like I've seen for the Mavick?  I"m particularly interested in being able to se Waypoints.

I am a one man band filming a cooking show for YouTube indoors...I have a good sized kitchen, and would VERY much be interested in being able to set up the Spark to be able to do some moving and sweeping shots around me near the stove, or when chopping at my chopping block, etc.

Is this possible with the current firmware?  To be able program in some shots and have the Spark fly around me in the kitchen autonomously?  I was hoping to use this to simulate some crane or dolly shots unmanned since I"m working at being the "talent" and the cameraman at the same time.

If this isn't in the current firmware, do ya'll think it might come in a later firmware update?  I'd already read that DJI is likely going to try to get hand gestures for video too in later firmware....so, if it isn't present now, think it might be coming?

Thank you in advance,
cayenne
2017-6-2
Use props
fansc5761b76
lvl.1
United States

GCBrent Posted at 2017-5-28 20:05

Apparently they will ? Where are you getting info ? Just curious
2017-6-2
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
United States

My understanding is that the Spark will have the same Intelligent Flight Modes as the Mavic plus the additional Dronie, Circle, Helix and Rocket.
2017-6-2
Use props
cayenne
lvl.1
United States

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-2 05:49
My understanding is that the Spark will have the same Intelligent Flight Modes as the Mavic plus the additional Dronie, Circle, Helix and Rocket.

Thank you....

Can anyone with a Spark in hand confirm it has all the other intelligent Flight Modes too?

Thanks in advance!!

cayenne
2017-6-2
Use props
cayenne
lvl.1
United States

cayenne Posted at 2017-6-2 15:22
Thank you....

Can anyone with a Spark in hand confirm it has all the other intelligent Flight Modes too?

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?
2017-6-6
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

This is a scam to get us to go onto your website, you haven't replied once to any comments on the form ...
2017-6-6
Use props
Hollywood7
lvl.2
United States

With the Spark, Do you still have to do the "Calibration Dance" (Turn 360 degrees while holding the drone both horizontally & vertically?)
2017-6-7
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

According to the manual, the Spark does not have all the Intelligent Flight Moves as the other models. No Waypoints, no course/home lock etc etc
2017-6-8
Use props
fans10c3b3b9
New
Germany

What is the recording time of the sparc, if you do NOT fly?

(in other words: how long does the battery last if you abuse it as a handheld gimbal camera? Like some people do it with the "catana" grip for mavic pro.)
2017-6-9
Use props
fans01e6a6a0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42185 ft
Indonesia

Can someone help me to turn off motors when charger the batery? Or its normal??? Thanks
2017-6-9
Use props
GCBrent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 66286 ft
Australia

Just something interesting that I have noted, even when the gimbal runs out of room to deal with excessive roll, it still keeps a level image for quite a few degrees after the gimbal runs out. Nice...
2017-6-9
Use props
fans37d59a9f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22749 ft
United States

Have you tried to test the "payload"? I'm curious if it can pick up a few ounces or not.
2017-6-12
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56811 ft
United States

it's my understanding that the Mavic Pro will not descend in a scenario using active track when decreasing altitude such as snowboarding. Will the spark descend down hill during active track?
2017-6-12
Use props
devanss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56811 ft
United States

it's my understanding that the Mavic Pro will not descend in a scenario using active track when decreasing altitude such as snowboarding. Will the spark descend down hill during active track?
2017-6-12
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

devanss Posted at 2017-6-12 21:59

please someone answer this question!!!
2017-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

devanss Posted at 2017-6-12 21:59

No it won't , and there's no mention of Spark doing it either, Mavic will climb , but I see no mention of Spark doing this either.

2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans3478e429 Posted at 2017-5-31 04:51
Any idea when the controller will be available for purchase separately? I have the spark on order, but held off on the plus package since it won't be available for a while after the spark is released. Thanks for any info you can help me with. :-)

Hi, here is a link for your reference. you can pre-order the RC on DJI online store now. please visit: http://store.dji.com/product/spark-remote-controller
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Aigal Studio Posted at 2017-6-1 22:14
Thanks guys!! When you switch the Spark in PAL mode, do you have the ability to record 1080P in 25FPS ?

Nope, only the 30 fps is available.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

cayenne Posted at 2017-6-6 06:24
Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Hi, Cayenne,  I would recommend you read the manual, you can find it at the page 16.  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.0.pdf
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

alexyanet Posted at 2017-5-29 05:34

Once the RTH is triggered, the Drone will return to the home point. Normally , the home point is the place where you taken off, it won't change automatically, but you can refresh it manually in the APP.  I would not recommend you to use the RTH in this situation, that is too dangerous.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hollywood7 Posted at 2017-6-7 11:52
With the Spark, Do you still have to do the "Calibration Dance" (Turn 360 degrees while holding the drone both horizontally & vertically?)

You'll get a notification in the APP when it requires to calibrate the compass.
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans01e6a6a0 Posted at 2017-6-9 08:38
Can someone help me to turn off motors when charger the batery? Or its normal??? Thanks

Do you mean the motors are running when the battery is charging? Could you please provide more details? Besides, please power off the drone before you charge the battery.
2017-6-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules