Stolen Phantom 3 Pro in NJ
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb5e265ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160860 ft
United States

Don't know if this is the right area to post and my apologies if it is not. I recently had my DJI Drone stolen. I have an invoice, serial, pictures and flight logs if needed to prove my ownership.

My question: Is my drones serial tied/locked to my DJI user account? And if so can it be locked out?  Or can someone simply plug the drone into their mobile device and start flying?

More than anything I'm bummed it was nicked from me but I'm hoping it at least is out there making amazing cinematic video for someone...

All the best and any feedback is appreciated.
2017-5-27
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear
Bad news is that the answer is no, the theif can simply buy a transmitter and he has a quad.
2017-5-27
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

I doubt it, but would hope that if the thief or final end user fired it up while online, it could be located (if know to be stolen) by it's SN# or some ID#. I'm probably dreaming, but wouldn't hurt to check. I've heard that people recover their PS3's from someone logging onto the network with it and getting their IP address. Sorry for your loss.

Barney
2017-5-27
Use props
Maritimer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106673 ft
Canada

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2017-5-27 16:53
I doubt it, but would hope that if the thief or final end user fired it up while online, it could be located (if know to be stolen) by it's SN# or some ID#. I'm probably dreaming, but wouldn't hurt to check. I've heard that people recover their PS3's from someone logging onto the network with it and getting their IP address. Sorry for your loss.

Barney

someone stole electronics from me and missed my drone that was all set up sitting in the living room lol
2017-5-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2017-5-27 16:53

Barney

The only people who would know if it connected is DJI, and they won't do anything about it. This question has been asked several times in the past and the answer is always the same.
2017-5-27
Use props
nilmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232707 ft
United States

What part of New Jersey. Below or above Trenton
2017-5-28
Use props
Hatwaks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160860 ft
United States

Above Trenton
2017-5-28
Use props
Julia Baker
lvl.1

Philippines

Sad to hear that try putting an exterant gps tracker on it next time for recovery purposes.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules