Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI FORUM levels
12Next >
6081 54 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aronsson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42543 ft
United States

I wonder what are the differences between different users and how to achieve for example "Hobbyist" or "student pilot" after beginner?
2017-5-27
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-5-27
Use props
aronsson
lvl.1
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-27 13:07
This forum is nice to waste time because you get points, can apply them to anything dji has in the store. The labels are related to post count. There was a promotion earlier in the year where they gave points out to helpful members too.

We need more girls on this forum. There's some good regulars that have been banned because of a troll named Matt and Riley. He's a uk troll, possibly Irish but not sure. Baits and once you call him an idiot you get banned, so watch out for that.

interesting insight- thank you! so the more active one in the forum the higher the Rank?
2017-5-27
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

Yep, we're just like you. I have no idea how I got to second officer so fast. Went beginner > student > intern > second officer. Think hallmark went from first officer to captain in like a month, but he got banned by a troll too! Dji let him back.

The flight distance is done by syncing the go app. It doesn't work if you fly litchi.
2017-5-27
Use props
aronsson
lvl.1
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-27 13:25
Yep, we're just like you. I have no idea how I got to second officer so fast. Went beginner > student > intern > second officer. Think hallmark went from first officer to captain in like a month, but he got banned by a troll too!  Dji let him back.

The flight distance is done by syncing the go app. It doesn't work if you fly litchi.

funny
how do u get banned in general and by a troll in particular?:)
2017-5-27
Use props
aronsson
lvl.1
United States

Yep, we're just like you. I have no idea how I got to second officer so fast. Went beginner > student > intern > second officer. Think hallmark went from first officer to captain in like a month, but he got banned by a troll too!  Dji let him back.

can i sync both drones I fly together for extra miles/points?:))
2017-5-27
Use props
aronsson
lvl.1
United States

Your flight distance is sharp:))
2017-5-27
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
China

Here you go, this is an extract from the forum rules.

XV: Points

When visiting the forum there are a number of ways of earning points.
180 DJI Points = 1 DJI Credit (USD)
The minimum number of points required for redemption is 1800. The maximum redeemable amount is 5400 points per month.
Redemption  applications can be submitted at any time and will be checked on the  first working day of each month. You can only submit one application per  month.
Points can be given and taken away at any time and a banned account will result in a loss of the points associated with it.
Points are not transferrable.
Points determine your user-group
The following activities earn points (Note: the rewards for these activities can change at any time)
Activity
Creat a new thread
Comment in a thread
Set a user avatar
Verify your email
Get a thread featured on the front page (Digest)
Report a thread/post that is breaking forum rules
+-3
Post a thread or comment that gets deleted

XVI: User Groups

User groups will be assigned based on points earned.
The user group rankings are as follows
Group
Icon
Points (>)
New
X
Beginner

Hobbyist

Student Pilot

Intern Pilot

Second Officer

First Officer

Captain

Flight Instructor

Got the information from here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=71515&page=1#pid623200

Hope this helps, Cheers!
2017-5-27
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

So the higher your ranking, the more irrelevant posts you have made here, and a good sign you possibly whinge a lot about trolls.

2017-5-27
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

good to know info right there.
2017-5-27
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
  • >>>
United States

how do you sync the go app to update my flight distance?
2017-5-27
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

you have a cloud button up in the right corner in DJI go app...hit Menu->Flight Record and there it is
2017-5-27
Use props
aronsson
lvl.1
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-5-27 21:00

aww!!! thank you so much!!! Sorry Im a bit new- was not able to find the answer on that on the forum! this is great- explains everything ! thank you very much indeed!!
2017-5-28
Use props
aronsson
lvl.1
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-27 21:07
So the higher your ranking, the more irrelevant posts you have made here, and a good sign you possibly whinge a lot about trolls.

sorry for a stupid question - but what is troll? in reference to this forum?
2017-5-28
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 8330174 ft
  • >>>
Canada

aronsson Posted at 2017-5-27 13:18
interesting insight- thank you! so the more active one in the forum the higher the Rank?

If you are looking for advice look to the users who have a large flight distance instead of a high rank.
Big number = much flight experience,
2017-5-28
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Tealk Posted at 2017-5-27 21:40
you have a cloud button up in the right corner in DJI go app...hit Menu->Flight Record and there it is

That did not update my flight distance on my avatar.
2017-5-28
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-5-27 21:00

Thanks for this information.  I wondered about it myself.
2017-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-5-28 09:00
If you are looking for advice look to the users who have a large flight distance instead of a high rank.

Not necessarily true, I fly 24 hours throughout southern Republic of Ireland doing wind turbine inspection survey and none of these hours are racked up here.

http://www.thecyberhawk.com/cybe ... -blade-inspections/
2017-5-28
Use props
aronsson
lvl.1
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-5-28 09:00

wow Flight distance: 1337137! how many hours is that?
2017-5-28
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

aronsson Posted at 2017-5-28 10:36
wow Flight distance: 1337137! how many hours is that?

Its 105hrs, 1300km distance (800miles) but less than half my hrs as I have other UAVs that don't use DJI GO.
2017-5-28
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-28 10:23
Not necessarily true, I fly 24 hours throughout southern Republic of Ireland doing wind turbine inspection survey and none of these hours are racked up here.

http://www.thecyberhawk.com/cyberhawk-working-with-sse-on-programme-of-wind-turbine-blade-inspections/

Point taken, you do have a really neat machine to fly for work.
2017-5-28
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-28 10:23

http://www.thecyberhawk.com/cyberhawk-working-with-sse-on-programme-of-wind-turbine-blade-inspections/

I agree: the flight distance, while a nice bragging point, isn't necessarily evidence for or against expertise. In addition to your example of flying non-DJI aircraft, the distance also discounts flying done by people who use Litchi (e.g., thehippoz with his grand total of 7 meters), not to mention anyone who might not bother to synchronize their flights for whatever reason.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least a couple of people on this forum whose flight mileage isn't high and who don't post frequently but who are very knowledgeable, so the correlation between flight distance, "title", and knowledge is a very weak one at best.
2017-5-28
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
First Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>
United States

How long has this flight distance thing been around? Less than half of my distance is even reported on the forum.
2017-5-28
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
United States

aronsson Posted at 2017-5-27 18:22
funny
how do u get banned in general and by a troll in particular?

I have no idea really. I don't know what bent kangaroo is going on about, he got banned too!
2017-5-29
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

aronsson Posted at 2017-5-27 18:22
funny
how do u get banned in general and by a troll in particular?

People who are not cool and egg you on to get you to blow up and then get you banned.  Just be kind and courteous and you should be immune to the ban hammer.

Note:  I liked the guys that got banned.  They were cool an informative.  It is what it is.
2017-5-29
Use props
aronsson
lvl.1
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-29 17:13
People who are not cool and egg you on to get you to blow up and then get you banned.  Just be kind and courteous and you should be immune to the ban hammer.

Note:  I liked the guys that got banned.  They were cool an informative.  It is what it is.

thank you !!!
2017-5-29
Use props
MisterMavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1177877 ft
United States

No idea, what the difference is
2017-5-29
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

Netherlands

Keeping it remotely on topic all that was said by "DroneFlying" , "thehippoz" and "Xman1" is true From what I read from passed posts these people have a lot of knowledge on this form .
"HallMark007" is the very helpful and is, Part 107 certified compliant Pilot his postings are accurate as are his solutions.
Points I see are earned as explained from the above people and would be my goto people if or when I ever have a problem .
What I didt no was points can be earned by  Reporting a thread/post that is breaking forum rules +-3  
The person  Matt-and-Riley I have seen on other forums postings about him being here I cant help but notice is the only arrogant poster in most of the DJI forum topics.
"  You know what happens to whiney little snowflakes around here. Keep it remotely on topic or keep it shut" his avatar I find interesting .

2017-5-30
Use props
Mafia16
Captain
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I dont even know too how people got these amount of points in the forum
2017-6-21
Use props
JohnnieYaz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

The titles means nothing.. I haven't been a student pilot since the 80's and alway buy from my local hobby shop, If i bought direct I would be a flight instructor. Why don't they add that since they are all currently registered to me.

I have 1,002,735ft and 29 hours in the go 4 app. I can't imaging adding my race drones and older blade, P2 and F450 to this. maybe it converted to meters but thats 306655 and it currently says 287232?

After all the security talk I deleted my flight logs and will no longer update. I do know downloading NoRoot Firewall has opened my eyes and I can see that the DJI go 4 app makes 100's amd 100's of transmits of data from my phone to a ton of IP address and knowbody knows why. I blocked them with the firewall app and hope this gets resolved ASAP.

Undate: The new app release today 8/9/17 still has this issue.
2017-7-27
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i think the levels are obtained through points achieved from participation in the forum. Flight distance is shown but do not seem to have a bearing on rank advancement except in so far as the more you have flown the more experiance you have gained and therefore better positioned to participate constructively and thereby improving your personal knowlage and points score. The titles/ranks are simply labels for benchmarks achieved/passed
2017-7-30
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2017-7-27 22:39
The titles means nothing.. I haven't been a student pilot since the 80's.

"The titles means nothing.. I haven't been a student pilot since the 80's."

I agree 100%, I spend more time flying these:

Than I do air driving DJI's.

BTW: Anyone know what DJI stands for?

2017-7-30
Use props
dr. D
First Officer
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

QuadKid Posted at 2017-7-30 15:10
"The titles means nothing.. I haven't been a student pilot since the 80's."

I agree 100%, I spend more time flying these:

Yes, DJI means: 大疆创新科技有限公司
Or in English: Dà-Jiāng Innovations.
2017-7-30
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

dr. D Posted at 2017-7-30 23:43
Yes, DJI means: 大疆创新科技有限公司
Or in English: Dà-Jiāng Innovations.

Thanks! Always Wondered.
2017-7-31
Use props
Snob-Hill Mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 984721 ft
United States

Is there somewhere in your profile where flight distance can be found? Or is it only accessible through the Go app?
2018-2-14
Use props
Snob-Hill Mavic
lvl.1
Flight distance : 984721 ft
United States

And yes, I have synced my flight records. The Go app shows I have a distance of 350140 but I see nothing under my profile
2018-2-14
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm told if you attain "Dark Overlord" status you are able to vaporize other members by mere thought.
2018-2-14
Use props
eddieNoob
Second Officer
Puerto Rico

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-14 03:11
I'm told if you attain "Dark Overlord" status you are able to vaporize other members by mere thought.

Pshaw!  I can already do that (if you consider that the 'mere thought' is engaged in pushing a button...).
2018-2-14
Use props
Goldchucker
First Officer
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

aronsson Posted at 2017-5-28 08:36
sorry for a stupid question - but what is troll? in reference to this forum?

Hi aronsso:

There are no stupid questions.  Ask away.
2018-2-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

"The flight distance is done by syncing the go app."

Hmmm, points for Flight Distance.  Going to have to sneak my Mavic Pro on board next ISS deliver module.  Be racking up some serious miles!
2018-2-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules