TB48 - won't charge
3870 12 2015-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Can't find the previous thread for this. Got a new TB48. After one flight it's dead, won't charge. No lights when power button pressed either. Anyone have a fix for this, other than sending it back. Emailed the dealer, UAV Outlet this morning, so far no response.

Tim
2015-3-10
Use props
ruddy951
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59324 ft
United States

Maybe something went wrong when the inspire updated the firmware to the battery. Unfortunatly I have no clue as to how u would reset it without it being turned on... so much to deal with in a smart battery :-(
2015-3-10
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Anyone? DJI? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
2015-3-10
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds lie you should return the Battery. I doubt that is an update issue software wise?
2015-3-10
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Sorry this can't be fixed by your own. Contact dealer or US support.
2015-3-11
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just received a new TB48 battery factory-sealed in the mail from a reputable dealer. I noted immediately that the battery was completely dead out of the box - no green LED lights come on when power button is pressed and the power button light also remains dark. The TB47 that came with my Inspire and the other two TB48 batteries I purchased all came with a nominsl 50% charge out of the box (two green LEDs light up when power button is pressed once). Hoped for the best and plugged battery into charger, but after three hours and multiple attempts to disconnect/reconnect charger - nothing - it's completely dead. You would think DJI would check every battery before boxing it up to make sure it worked.  

Anything else I should try before before returning the TB48 battery to seller?
2015-3-12
Use props
todd.mcgeachy
New

United States

Apparently ther batteries simply suck !! I have had multiple issues like this. Smart ?? I think not !! S-tupid M-other A R-eal T-urd   
2015-9-5
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Both of my tb48s have went all lights dead once after plugging into charger and blinking initially.  I unplugged them and plugged them back in and they charged fine and haven't done it since, but I've only flown/charged them around 8 times each. Hope it doesn't happen again. No issues with my 3 tb47s at around 40 charge cycles.
2015-9-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-3-12 20:02
I just received a new TB48 battery factory-sealed in the mail from a reputable dealer. I noted immed ...

Return it like Autumn said. There is nothing you can do without voiding the warranty.

Sorry for your problem, sometimes this can happen to any of us.

Rich
2015-9-6
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

You can fix this on your own but at your own risk.
2015-9-6
Use props
stuzphotos
lvl.2

United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-9-7 03:04
You can fix this on your own but at your own risk.

I had same issue I sent it back to DJI and expected a six week turn time they shipped me a new battery in a week hope to have it tomorrow!
2015-9-7
Use props
blurfonz
lvl.2

Singapore

don't try to fix it. All faulty batteries should be replaced by DJI. I had 3 faulty batt so far. And it was all replaced
2015-9-9
Use props
rdeaguiar
New

United States

blurfonz@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-9 20:20
don't try to fix it. All faulty batteries should be replaced by DJI. I had 3 faulty batt so far. And ...

I have an Inspire 1 with 2 TB48s and 3 TB47s.  Over this past winter, I put my inspire in storage here in OH.  When I took it out to fly, 2 of the TB47's wouldn't charge at all and the red and one green light would flicker.  Since the batteries were over 7 months, DJI said to replace them, meaning spend$100+ per battery on new ones.

One of the techs suggested that if I wanted to "carefully" tinker, I could take the facia (white cover on top of the battery that snaps on each end) off and disconnect the lead to the proprietary DJI circuit board to see if that would "fool" the circuit board into a recharge mode.  Did not work.

However, I went a step further and unscrewed the four phillips screws that hold the  circuit board to the facia and disconnected the lead to the circuit board as well as the other end that goes to the top of the battery.

I then plugged the battery into the DJI charger an after 5 minutes the batteries started to warm up.  After about 10 minutes, I unplugged the batteries, reconnected the lead to both the circuit board and the battery and plugged it into the charger and voila, both batteries proceeded to do a full charge cycle.

After charging I put each battery on the Inspire, powered it up and installed the new battery firmware update release last week - April 8, 2016 or so - to correct a DJI identified problem that prevented some batteries to come out of hibernation mode.

This is obviously a DJI battery problem (probably in the chip's charging algorithm) and rather than doing the right thing and giving Inspire customers either replacement batteries or a patch, they decided to tell customers to BUY new batteries while they knew full well that it was a problem in their software and not in the customer's batteries.

Another example of DJI's customer disservice.

Hope this is useful to others
2016-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules