DJI GO 4 (V4.1.0) Crashes when starting up
1023 4 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Hi,

On my phone new go crashes, after update it crashed so i uninstalled and reinstalled and it crash again, on my tablet it doesnt. Both Android 7.

Please help.
2017-5-27
Use props
Tex21
lvl.3
Flight distance : 230052 ft
Australia

Yep, join the club mate.  My app crashes as soon as I start to record video.  I keep flying and restart the app and it does actually work for a bit longer and sometimes even till I am ready to land.  Painful though isn't it.
2017-5-27
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Unfortunately with every update the android version gets worse and worse ......................

I got my Xperia Z Ultra working with GO4 with only rare crashes but after last update it started to crash over and over again even before flight.

First the video transmission is laggy for almost 15-20 seconds as well as flight commands via smartphone-screen (gimbal up/down), sometimes after closing the app and switching off MP and RC and firing it up again I just get a fully blurred pixelated image ....................

When finally flying (after 2-4 restarts), after 10 minutes the Video-transmission gets laggy again and commands are not transmitted from the phone.

Above all: after last update, when firing up the RC with the phone connected, GO4 does not autostart anymore ...................

I completely lost my faith in this drone-system and will sell it ......... At the beginning it was so much fun and now it is a complete desaster ................ a pure waste of money I could have spent better in a more reliable drone-system ...................... {:4_154:}

Shame on You, DJI, shame on You, to deceive Your customers like this ......................... {:4_154:}
2017-5-28
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

mine doesnt even start, dji window pops up and then bang, crash. I am getting seriously annoyed at DJI now, i spent loads of money for the drone, couple of days ago i went for a trip and needed to take a video of a holiday home but nothing, new update kick in and crashed so no more flying and I lost the job which would have been a good 200 EUR and now the drone is sitting on a table collecting dust; is DJI going to refund that??? Every firmware update is a massive headache, now software doesnt work and on top of that I am starting to feel I dont own this drone anymore with all this limitations and hidden controls etc. Why only DJI applies this stuff? I am seriously evaluating to sell the thing and get something else. True its small but the pain in the ass is huge. All i notice is that I can fly less and less, I trust the drone less and less(just imagine what it could do in the air if software is so superficially tested!! THATS a danger, not to fly 20 km from an airport or following the damn wrong no zone maps!!) and I feel I have less and less control over something that is my property and I paid lot of money for, pretty disgusted !!
{:4_154:}

After all its enough I build myself a drone, stick an Eagletree vector on it, add long range video and remote control and bang, same performance and no software/firmware stress or limitations. All software/firmware updates should do is to improve the performance and fix bugs, and so it should be, not make it worse and remove control from the owner, after all when you go buy a car or a motorbike they dont sell it to you limited to 50 Kmh do they? they just make sure itys safe if you crash, it doesnt catch fire and it brakes, and so DJI should do with their drones!! Its up to us to drive responsibly, its our constitutional right to make mistakes!

2017-5-28
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

any luck here, can i solve this??
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules