1600 4 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 433173 ft
  • >>>
United States

First post, and unfortunately it's a question about an issue. I just received an Inspire 2 with X5S. I'm using it with an iPad Air, the iOS is current (10.3.2) and the Inspire 2 has been updated to firmware V01.00.0330.

The problem I'm having is that I don't see the feed from the X5S camera on the iPad. I see the FPV camera feed in the bottom right corner. When I switch from camera to video, the screen shows green for ~3 s, and then it goes blank. I also can't swtich the camera auto settings. When I push the icon on the iPad, nothing happens.

We already use a Phantom 3, so I'm used to the controls, iPad settings, etc. Am I missing something with the X5S? I am very bummed about this. Thanks for any suggestions.
2017-5-27
Use props
JCM
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I should have mentioned that it does record video and stills on the SD card, I just can't get a video feed on the controller/iPad.
2017-5-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Just a thought, on the I2 RC do you have the GO 4 setting for the HDMI and the USB both selected for output?  I think I had an issue when mine was set to HDMI and the iPad was dark via its Lightning connection/USB port but the googles were working.
2017-5-27
Use props
JCM
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-5-27 17:14
Just a thought, on the I2 RC do you have the GO 4 setting for the HDMI and the USB both selected for output?  I think I had an issue when mine was set to HDMI and the iPad was dark via its Lightning connection/USB port but the googles were working.

'Enable HDMI' is turned off. I think I tried it 'on' as well just to see, and there was no difference.
2017-5-27
Use props
JCM
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI support got back to me very quickly and said try re-installing the DJI Go 4 app, and try different iPads if possible, etc.

I re-installed the app yesterday, but didn't have a chance to check it out until today. I'd heard about crappy Lightning cables, so I thought I'd try that first. After connecting with a different Lightning cable, I had video, so I thought it must have been the cable. Just be sure, I tried my original old cable. That worked as well.

So, it seems that re-installing the app is what really fixed it. I find that a bit confusing, but it works now.

tl,dr: Reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app solved the video problem.
2017-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules