Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Will New Spark Modes come to Mavic?
2721 14 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6916e6f9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

Ok we don't want the land in our hand modes and the hand controls... But many of the new flight modes and photo modes should be possible wiith the Mavic.  So DJI please answer... Will we see any of the new modes come to a future Mavic Firmware?

2017-5-27
Use props
fx03Fip7kuUt
New
Canada

Bump! Would like to know as well.
2017-5-28
Use props
Jimmers
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I think we are all hoping for the new intelligent flight modes that are featured on the Spark.  My guess is that they will eventually come but not for a while.  By initially only having them available on the Spark it gives users the incentive to buy the Spark -- therefore increasing Spark sales.  Once they add the modes to Mavic users will not have a reason to buy a Spark.  That is just my 2 cents.
2017-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

fx03Fip7kuUt Posted at 2017-5-28 06:50
Bump! Would like to know as well.

Would it be fair to all those who purchased Spark, if all the goodies were readily available on the Mavic?

I think they will come but maybe 4 months down the road.
2017-5-28
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-28 07:07
Would it be fair to all those who purchased Spark, if all the goodies were readily available on the Mavic?

Yes, I believe so. I'm not getting the Spark because of the intelligent modes so if they added them the the Mavic and P4's it wouldn't bother me one bit. All DJI's drones that are capable of intelligent modes should have the ones they are capable of added.
2017-5-28
Use props
hyperbilou
New
France

hello

I think it's not the same public between mavic and spark (it's not the same price too.)

I think it's important to dji to evolve the mavic and add new intelligents modes. It's not possible to stop the evolution of a product of only 6 months.

So i expect dji to continue to evolve the mavic and add new modes (like those of the spark)
2017-6-27
Use props
rodolpholemos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 400417 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Is it fair with the consumers that already have bought Mavic for so short time seeing the new features of spark and not having them? I, as a Mavic owner, feel a little cheated...
2017-7-10
Use props
Tviscomi
Captain
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe we should wait for them to function properly on the Spark, before we request them for the Mavic.
2017-7-10
Use props
Visualkaos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 15:43
Maybe we should wait for them to function properly on the Spark, before we request them for the Mavic.

what he said.  
2017-7-10
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I think no. I think there is an inherent risk that all those autonomous modes will crash into trees and buildings. Concern is the mass of the drones at question. The Spark is light enough not to kill someone. The mavic is questionable and probable NO with the phantoms unless it has 360 obstacle avoidance.
2017-7-10
Use props
ephektz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Considering the Mavic is a good deal more expensive and capable than the Spark, absolutely. Two different platforms.
2017-7-10
Use props
mboesch
New
Flight distance : 47871 ft
Switzerland

@DJI - please add at least Dronie and Helix - it's an important signal to your customers that Premium Products like Mavic get active support and feature evolutions.
2017-8-8
Use props
CynicalZombie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

And is it too much to ask for simple Photo Panorama & Video Panorama modes?
2017-8-8
Use props
mtg138
lvl.1
Flight distance : 491066 ft
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2017-7-10 15:43

+1,

after watching a few videos of the spark i can happily wait for these features to built upon and fixed.
2017-8-8
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

..... I don't want to get blocked. But someone people have added the features through the app from the Mavic to the Spark.
2017-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules