12Next >
21592 67 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregAllen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493012 ft
United States

I have just received my DJI Goggle.  I am having a bit of a problem with getting the screen to be optimally focused.  I noted it most with the edges of the screen when messages and options are displayed.  Portions of the screen are sharpely focused, while others are not.  I have adjusted the IPD without much improvement.  I have tried various adjustments of the goggle on my head and face.  Suggestions?

Thanks

2017-5-27
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2155883 ft
United States

Are you wearing your glasses
2017-5-27
Use props
fans591579dd
New
Canada

I am having the same problem
2017-5-28
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

Aaronmke Posted at 2017-5-27 18:45

Yes.  Glasses on
2017-5-28
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

Aaronmke Posted at 2017-5-27 18:45

Yes.  I have tried it with and without glasses.
2017-5-28
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
United States

GregAllen Posted at 2017-5-28 15:40
Yes.  I have tried it with and without glasses.

I ordered my goggles on the second pre-round order so I haven't got them yet I'm 52 I need reading glasses so I'm hoping I'm not going to have the same kind of problems does it make them unusable or just a little bit of an annoyance
2017-5-28
Use props
rcpc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 171818 ft
United States

I have the same problem only worse.  I've resorted to the solution on the DJI Goggles owners user forum on rcgroups.  The only successful solution so far is to by much stronger readers than you normally would or get the VisorMag clip-on flip-up visor magnifying glasses on amazon.  Trim off the attachment, then velcro the magnifying lenses to the goggles.

Carson Optical VisorMag 1.75x Power (+3.00 Diopters) Clip-On Magnifying Lens for Hats VM-10
Carson Optical VisorMag 2x Power (+4.00 Diopters) Clip-On Magnifying Lens for Hats VM-12
Carson Optical VisorMag 2.25x Power (+5.00 Diopters) Clip-On Magnifying Lens for Hats VM-14

See this post and read others:  https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... 4&postcount=842
2017-6-5
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Mine is ordered, but I am sorry to hear about the focus issue.  I have pretty bad astigmatism so I might not like what I will see too much either.  I am a bit pron to headaches if my eyes have problems with focusing, which happens quite a bit these days.  I guess I can hope for the best and do my best to make them work if there's a problem.  Sure don't want to not have these to use, as the reason I ordered them is because sunlight screen washout makes real problems for me.  Guess we'll see.

-Rodger
2017-6-5
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

rcpc Posted at 2017-6-5 06:16
I have the same problem only worse.  I've resorted to the solution on the DJI Goggles owners user forum on rcgroups.  The only successful solution so far is to by much stronger readers than you normally would or get the VisorMag clip-on flip-up visor magnifying glasses on amazon.  Trim off the attachment, then velcro the magnifying lenses to the goggles.

Carson Optical VisorMag 1.75x Power (+3.00 Diopters) Clip-On Magnifying Lens for Hats VM-10

I have progressive lenses that contributed to the problem.  Found a temporary solution to tape the glasses up about 3/4" on my forehead.  Works well.  I did order the reading glasses as well and will report my experience.  Looks like an elegant solution.
2017-6-12
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
United States

Greg Allen you're cracking me up taping your glasses your forehead just makes me laugh thinking about it I hope I don't have to do that
2017-6-12
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

I had the same problem till I went to Wall Mart in the isle AS SEEN ON TV.....They have adjustable reading glasses there and worked great for me!
2017-6-13
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2017-6-5 15:29
Mine is ordered, but I am sorry to hear about the focus issue.  I have pretty bad astigmatism so I might not like what I will see too much either.  I am a bit pron to headaches if my eyes have problems with focusing, which happens quite a bit these days.  I guess I can hope for the best and do my best to make them work if there's a problem.  Sure don't want to not have these to use, as the reason I ordered them is because sunlight screen washout makes real problems for me.  Guess we'll see.

-Rodger

Adjustable reading glasses at Walmart 19.95 they work great for me!! you can focus them how you need them.
2017-6-13
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

-Rodger

Adjustable reading glasses at Walmart 19.95 they work great for me!! you can focus them how you need them.
2017-6-13
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

fans591579dd Posted at 2017-5-28 11:10
I am having the same problem

2017-6-13
Use props
fans3ebd7885
lvl.2
United States

I have the same issue. It seems DJI googles does not have the mechanism to adjust eye focusing. The only solution is to wear a pair of  proper glasses. I normally wear 1.5+ reading classes for reading. For DJI googles I need to wear a 3.25+ glasses inside the googles to have the views perfectly focused.
2017-7-21
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

fans3ebd7885 Posted at 2017-7-21 08:11
I have the same issue. It seems DJI googles does not have the mechanism to adjust eye focusing. The only solution is to wear a pair of  proper glasses. I normally wear 1.5+ reading classes for reading. For DJI googles I need to wear a 3.25+ glasses inside the googles to have the views perfectly focused.

Same here i went from 1.75 to 3.0 because you are trying to read something very close.
2017-7-22
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I find it a bit disappointing that for such an expensive gadget there is no focus adjustment. Every cheap camera ocular has one! :-(Now I probably have to fumble around with some adjustable reading glasses.

Greetz - Joe

2017-7-24
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well....one of the problems is if one eye is a bit stronger than the other eye...for example, maybe 3.25 works but they other eye needs say 2.75. That's what I'm struggling with...I mean the stronger reading glasses work but still have some blur ....trying to see what I can get to work
2017-7-24
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-24 14:44
Well....one of the problems is if one eye is a bit stronger than the other eye...for example, maybe 3.25 works but they other eye needs say 2.75. That's what I'm struggling with...I mean the stronger reading glasses work but still have some blur ....trying to see what I can get to work

There is two options:
1- get your eyes check then get a reading glasses from them
2- buy two pairs, one for right eye and one for left then remove the left glass from the pair for right eye, install that space with the left glass from second pair (pair for left eye)

2017-7-24
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

-Rodger

You will need to get prescription "Reading" glasses, as best I can tell.  I have an older pair a couple of prescriptions old and have astigmatism.  They work pretty good, unlike my naked eyes.  Progressives not, because they are  far distant (long range focus) at the top medium range focus in the middle and reading (close focus) near the bottom.  I have no idea what distance from the eye is the sweet spot.
At Walmart optical store, they said they $9 frames and $19 prescription lenses for a total of $28.  They can do an exams for about $56.  If you have had an exam, just get your optometrist to give you the prescription info to order the lenses.
2017-7-29
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i have a bit of  similar focus issue - finally have to get that eye test and prescription glasses i was pretending i do not really need for so long.
2017-7-29
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Be careful on getting prescription glasses...you will probably get ones that are meant for reading a book....thats what I have....they dont work because the goggle screen is much closer than a book.. I ended up at CVS and took my goggles with me...I ended up with 3.0 reading glasses...still not perfectly clear but close...they cost $9 and get 1 free....If you want real prescription glasses for your goggles then take them with you to your eye doc....they will probably work with you ...
2017-7-31
Use props
fans507f9efd
New
Flight distance : 21148 ft
Canada

Is there someone who had reported this problem to DJI support, and if so what was their position on this problem.  How could they build an expensive optical gadget like this without any mean to adjust to any user's eyes. A $30 3D gadget has one, that doesn't make any sense.
2017-7-31
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yea...there's been a lot of comments about it...just scroll through the threads....FatShark has diopter for vision...I would assume there would be something available from a third party in the not too distant future..seems a reasonable amount of need
2017-7-31
Use props
fans507f9efd
New
Flight distance : 21148 ft
Canada

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-31 17:55
Yea...there's been a lot of comments about it...just scroll through the threads....FatShark has diopter for vision...I would assume there would be something available from a third party in the not too distant future..seems a reasonable amount of need

I just received my goggles today and I thought there was a way to adjust the focus that I just have to find by my own because all optical system has a way to adjust to the user's own sight. I watched all tutorial videos without any answer, and now I just realized there's no focus adjustment !!! Unbelievable !!!
2017-7-31
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

We now have this Focus-Fixers Simple Snap-in Vision Correction for DJI Goggles.
DJI Goggles Lens.jpg

https://www.focus-fixers.com/

2017-7-31
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And there it is.....thanks
2017-7-31
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-31 17:55

Fatsharks have diopter available for an additional cost. They are not "Built In"  You can not wear glasses and the fatsharks at the same time and if you have an odd prescription Fatsharks may not be able to accommodate you where the DJI goggles will work with a set of glasses. I do agree that needing a separate set or different prescription other than your normal pair stinks.  If you are new to FPV goggles do some research before buying. Sadly if you only have the Mavic there is not much else to go with. I actually sold my Fatsharks and now use the DJI goggles for my FPV racing as well as flying with the inspire 1 and Mavic
2017-8-1
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-7-31 19:32
We now have this Focus-Fixers Simple Snap-in Vision Correction for DJI Goggles.
[view_image]

╭━━┓┉┏┳━╮┳━┓┳━╮
╰━╮┃┉┃┣━╯┣┫┉┣┳╯
━━╯╰━╯┻┉┉┻━┛┻╰╯
2017-8-1
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

2017-8-1
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2017-8-1 11:18
Fatsharks have diopter available for an additional cost. They are not "Built In"  You can not wear glasses and the fatsharks at the same time and if you have an odd prescription Fatsharks may not be able to accommodate you where the DJI goggles will work with a set of glasses. I do agree that needing a separate set or different prescription other than your normal pair stinks.  If you are new to FPV goggles do some research before buying. Sadly if you only have the Mavic there is not much else to go with. I actually sold my Fatsharks and now use the DJI goggles for my FPV racing as well as flying with the inspire 1 and Mavic

What ground station are you using that negates the terrible lag induced by the DJI goggles?
2017-8-2
Use props
LIVNXXL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-2 00:02
What ground station are you using that negates the terrible lag induced by the DJI goggles?

Amimon Connex connected to the goggles via HDMI cable. With that setup I can say "What lag"
2017-8-2
Use props
djiuser_9ygUpzB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

Nelsonlee Posted at 2017-8-1 23:52
https://youtu.be/HMAkOK44wi8

i have ordered a set  ;)
2017-8-2
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

LIVNXXL Posted at 2017-8-2 07:16
Amimon Connex connected to the goggles via HDMI cable. With that setup I can say "What lag"

I've been thinking about running a Connex setup, too, but I barely have room enough as it is!
2017-8-2
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
  • >>>
Malaysia

djiuser_9ygUpzB Posted at 2017-8-2 09:20
i have ordered a set  ;)

I also already ordered a pair.
2017-8-2
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-7-31 11:53
Be careful on getting prescription glasses...you will probably get ones that are meant for reading a book....thats what I have....they dont work because the goggle screen is much closer than a book.. I ended up at CVS and took my goggles with me...I ended up with 3.0 reading glasses...still not perfectly clear but close...they cost $9 and get 1 free....If you want real prescription glasses for your goggles then take them with you to your eye doc....they will probably work with you ...

I assume the Goggles optics are set to a distance that normal eyes work.  I don't think you can focus on something that is only a few inches away.  Also I have some old reading glasses that I don't usually use and they are very close.  AMENDED I am going to Walmart to get some $39 prescription glasses made ($9 frame and $29 for lenses).  I'll let you know how they work out.  That is why I have asked DJI to go to their engineers that did the optics and ask them what is the focal length they used.  It is obviously not infinity.  It appears from the Focus Fixers info that the focal lenth is  about 10 inches, that is still an open issue as they mount the lenses directly to the goggle lenses , which is slightly further away from your eyes.
2017-8-4
Use props
Dont Wanna
lvl.2
Flight distance : 365377 ft
United States

$38 for one set of add on lens so we can see and back order! Here is another alternative some might want to take a swing at for under $6 for 3 sets to change from. And it took around 15 minutes to do. hope it might help someone. Even for you guys with two vision.  It worked for me. I hope it was ok for me to put this in here. Not selling a thing. It might just work for you and save a little $. [url=$38 for one set of lens and are back order! Here is another alternative some might want to take a swing at for under $6 for 3 sets to change from. And it took around 15 minutes to do. hope it might help someone.Even for you guys with two vision.  It worked for me. I hope it was ok for me to put this in here. Not selling a thing. It might just work for you and save a little $. [url]http://firstimpressionstudio.com/FIXING-MY-DJI-GOGGLES.html[/url]]http://firstimpressionstudio.com/FIXING-MY-DJI-GOGGLES.html[/url]

2017-8-7
Use props
fans050c042b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1621591 ft
Ireland

I have same problem. The goggles need a focus wheel. Useless with out a focus option.
2017-9-10
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you are wearing progressive lenses you will have problems.  You need to get prescription reading glasses as the focal length is somewhere around 9".  I have asked DJI to find out what distance the reading glasses should be set to, but they don't seem to be able to find out.  You might also try out bsic "reading glasses with different diopter settings.  Got mine at walmart for $49 and they work well.  Make sure you get frames that stay close to the sides of your head.
2017-9-12
Use props
jdjeff
lvl.3
United States

I wear contacts and these goggles are not in focus.  The guy who makes the focus fixers says orders won't even process for a month (into Jan 2018).  Assuming that I always wear my contacts, I guess I would look for a corrective lens with my contacts in?  If I take them out, I'm blind.  This is pretty effed up if you only have glasses.  Line of site flying means you need to fumble for your glasses.  All this safety crap that DJI shoves down our throat and they missed this?
2017-12-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules