Updating Stopping WiFi
729 6 2017-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero Mavic
lvl.1
Singapore

I noticed most times during or after updating software/firmware, my iOS device WiFi would automatically gets disconnected. The latest update went fine, but again my WiFi gets disconnected. During previous update I even had to turn on my cell data connection instead in order that the update could get through.

Anyone experienced this? What could be the cause, and more importantly how to stop WiFi from disconnecting? I certainly don't want to use up my data plan for updating.

Thanks.

2017-5-27
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

It could be your phone problem or your wifi bandwidth is slow.
You can try to turn off Wi-Fi Assist under Settings > Cellular on your phone.
2017-5-27
Use props
Aero Mavic
lvl.1
Singapore

Forgot to mention that I use iPad Pro, no cell data plan. When a WiFi got dropped, I turned on my mobile phone hotspot to connect and get update.

My home WiFi has always been very stable, except when it comes to getting dji Go updates. Read that some others have encountered this same issue too.
2017-5-27
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

So your iPad Pro is working fine with iPhone hotspot but not with your home Wi-Fi.
Conclusion, it is your home Wi-Fi problem.
2017-5-27
Use props
Aero Mavic
lvl.1
Singapore

As mentioned, home wifi works perfect for years, and still fine.
2017-5-28
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

If has been said so many times. Your wifi get being "killed" (not really) due to the same band used on the mavic and remote, but with a higher dB. Your modem/router in underpowerd to come above that signal. I always update on 4G.
2017-5-28
Use props
Aero Mavic
lvl.1
Singapore

Ok thanks Nees. That explains it.
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules