1402 7 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hym Kaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4035174 ft
Switzerland

Hi,

I'm quite new with my Mavic Pro, I see the value of having propeller cages to "save your Mavic's Life" when flying near trees of hitting walls.

Anyone can share feedback, when attaching Propeller cages to your Mavic Pro:
- how does it impacted the flying control experience (responsiveness)?
- approximative impact of flying duration ?
- any noticed impact on signal quality between RC and Mavic Pro ?
- are they easy to attach/detach ?

Thanks.

2017-5-28
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, tried it out yesterday. Found it very disappointing. Apart from the fact, that the Mavic looses it's key advantage, being small and portable, it has a massive impact on performance and maneuverability. It acts like a lame duck and the motors become really hot because of a much higher spinning rate. Even the noise have become much louder and more disturbing. Taking that into account, I guess the LiPos will last noticeably shorter. Signal quality seems not to be affected. De-/Attachment is reasonably easy but takes some time because the blades have to be exchanged as well because of the smaller size and that is a little bit of a fumble. At last I would'n recommend them and will return mine.

Greetz from Germany - Joe
2017-7-24
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hi, tried it out yesterday. Found it very disappointing. Apart from the fact, that the Mavic looses it's key advantage, being small and portable, it has a massive impact on performance and maneuverability. It acts like a lame duck and the motors become really hot because of a much higher spinning rate. Even the noise has become much louder and more disturbing. Taking that into account, I guess the LiPos will last noticeably shorter, but I can't give you numbers. Signal quality seems not to be affected. De-/Attachment is reasonably easy but takes some time because the blades have to be exchanged as well because of the smaller size and that is a little bit of a fumble. At last I would'n recommend them and will return mine.

2017-7-24
Use props
Influx130
lvl.1
United States

JoeMavicDHH Posted at 2017-7-24 07:44
Hi, tried it out yesterday. Found it very disappointing. Apart from the fact, that the Mavic looses it's key advantage, being small and portable, it has a massive impact on performance and maneuverability. It acts like a lame duck and the motors become really hot because of a much higher spinning rate. Even the noise has become much louder and more disturbing. Taking that into account, I guess the LiPos will last noticeably shorter, but I can't give you numbers. Signal quality seems not to be affected. De-/Attachment is reasonably easy but takes some time because the blades have to be exchanged as well because of the smaller size and that is a little bit of a fumble. At last I would'n recommend them and will return mine.

Ditch the cages....practice. These things have so much control there is no reason for them.
2017-7-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Besides being outrageously priced, the propeller cages are not necessary. 20 dollar prop guards will do the trick in most situation ( unless your flying inside a classroom with 30, 5 year olds kids) and are much lighter and snap on and off easily.
2017-7-24
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-24 09:48
Besides being outrageously priced, the propeller cages are not necessary. 20 dollar prop guards will do the trick in most situation ( unless your flying inside a classroom with 30, 5 year olds kids) and are much lighter and snap on and off easily.

@R&L: Looking at your inventory, you seem to be a real DJI junkie  :-)

Didn't expect them to have such an impact on flying characteristcs. They're goin' back anyway...

2017-7-24
Use props
JoeMavicDHH
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

...by the way, just saw in DJI's ad for the cages that flight time will be reduced to "up to 12 minutes"  and it's recommended for indoor use or flying in congested areas using preferably tripod mode.
2017-7-24
Use props
Hym Kaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4035174 ft
Switzerland

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-7-24 09:48

Agree. I bought the plastic 20 dollars version, much reasonable, very light, can be used if you fly near tree for example. Thank !
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules