Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Do you wear bifocal / progressive lenses? Here's how I get 20/20!!
3615 18 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wear progressive lenses (bifocals with "no lines") and there is NOTHING that I can do to see clearly in the DJI Goggles (or ANY goggles for that matter).  BUT I HAVE A FIX!

This fix works for me, and I don't know if it will work for you.  I don't know, because I'm not sure how or why this works, but it works perfectly.

I bought some cheap reading glasses at the Walgreen's (I got 2.5x I think).  Wearing these when wearing the DJI Goggles gives me perfect vision all around the screen!

Like I said, I don't know how or why this works.  But if you have the same problem, it may be worth it to try some reading glasses in varying magnifications.

2017-5-28
Use props
Bluesphere
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358238 ft
Italy

I've do the same and works 100% also for me...reading glasses 2.5X. Bye
2017-5-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A great idea, I'd thought about contact lenses at first, and then wondered if these might work. This is the confirmation I was looking for
2017-5-30
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bluesphere Posted at 2017-5-30 13:02
I've do the same and works 100% also for me...reading glasses 2.5X. Bye

Good!  I think mine are 2.5X too.
2017-5-31
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-30 14:26
A great idea, I'd thought about contact lenses at first, and then wondered if these might work. This is the confirmation I was looking for

Take your Goggles into the Walgreens and try on different magnifications.  You'll get the perfect set, and the Walgreen's employees will have some good entertainment.
2017-5-31
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BobUnplugged Posted at 2017-5-31 04:44
Take your Goggles into the Walgreens and try on different magnifications.  You'll get the perfect set, and the Walgreen's employees will have some good entertainment.

Not yet available in this country (Goggles), but when the time comes I will be prepared. Brown paper bag over head should do the trick
2017-5-31
Use props
ShaggyRS6
New
Flight distance : 19423 ft
United States

Out of interest.  I have the same kind of issue although I have not gotten the progressive lenses yet, I have been able to struggle in life not being able to focus on things that are close!  Getting Old!!  Just out of curiosity, what is your normal prescription?  I am -5 ish in each eye. I shall be off to Walgreens tonight to see if the reading glasses trick works!
2017-6-2
Use props
fans48d6820f
New
United States

ShaggyRS6 Posted at 2017-6-2 05:30
Out of interest.  I have the same kind of issue although I have not gotten the progressive lenses yet, I have been able to struggle in life not being able to focus on things that are close!  Getting Old!!  Just out of curiosity, what is your normal prescription?  I am -5 ish in each eye. I shall be off to Walgreens tonight to see if the reading glasses trick works!

I worked my way up one diopter at a time to +3.25 with clarity increasing each time. I have +3.5 and +4.0 samples coming from Amazon as we speak. My regular script is +2.25. You are focusing on a screen two inches from your face. Your long distance vision does not come into play, nor do your long distance lenses. Any bifocal or progressive will result in split screen blur. Your PD will also be reduced to close vision PD. DJI had to know this would happen, though their CS people don't have a clue about any of the features of this new product. Good news is that the result when corrected is excellent.
2017-6-21
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have a look at the nooz glasses. I have a pair of ovals and rectangle versions. They are actually quite nice.  Someone on this forum recommended these.

https://www.nooz-optics.com/us/
2017-6-22
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marctronixx Posted at 2017-6-22 06:41
Have a look at the nooz glasses. I have a pair of ovals and rectangle versions. They are actually quite nice.  Someone on this forum recommended these.

https://www.nooz-optics.com/us/

yea it was me , and agree they are perfect for goggles (any type) ..
2017-6-25
Use props
HighCamera
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went to the eye doc and had him make me some custom glasses. Very small frame. I wear Bifocals so he just made my bottom view for the whole lens. Works great!!  I can't see squat when I take the goggles off though
2017-6-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

My regular glasses work great.  So no need for me to change.
Good advice for those who can use this method.

RedHotPoker
2017-6-26
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

wobbles Posted at 2017-6-25 05:15
yea it was me , and agree they are perfect for goggles (any type) ..

Indeed. I ended up getting both the oval and rectangular.  

Thank you for the heads up on these. I use them out and about and leave my regular size spectacles at home.
2017-6-27
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anybody who wears glasses and preferably on the wrong side of 55 years old not been able to use the Goggles because they can't find suitable lenses ?

Edit:- I think I've found the answer, just tried it myself and shouldn't be too much of a problem if I get a pair of reading glasses as opposed to my varifocals.

2017-7-10
Use props
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

marctronixx Posted at 2017-6-27 05:57
Indeed. I ended up getting both the oval and rectangular.  

Thank you for the heads up on these. I use them out and about and leave my regular size spectacles at home.

Pleasure , glad to help , they are brill ain’t they..should be on commission .all mattes from work have got two sets each too lol
2017-7-10
Use props
Ghostyor6
New
United States

In the goggle instructions it says the p4p has a focus adjust. The button next to the "back" button.  Doesn't seem to work. Had to go with the reading glasses. Why doesn't the focus work? Yes
2017-8-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ghostyor6 Posted at 2017-8-1 20:18
In the goggle instructions it says the p4p has a focus adjust. The button next to the "back" button.  Doesn't seem to work. Had to go with the reading glasses. Why doesn't the focus work? Yes

The focus adjust you talk of is the focus control for the camera on the P4P.

The focus in question here is between our eyes and the Goggles screen. Both have to be set properly for us to see a clear crisp image.
If the metadata on the screen is clear to read and the image from your P4P is blurred, then the focus adjust button should work. But there could be an error in Goggles firmware perhaps, meaning that it doesn't yet work as intended. I do not know the answer to that one.
2017-8-2
Use props
Ghostyor6
New
United States

Dito......
2017-8-2
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ended up getting a pair of prescription reading glasses made up with a shorter reading distance. Not quite 100%, but very very near perfect focus over full screen, certainly works well for me.
2017-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules