Mavic Stolen.
2343 7 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb594050a
New
United States

So my Mavic was stolen yesterday. I have made a police report, but is there any way that DJI can track it?
2017-5-28
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wondering, If it's been powered on, what does "Find my Drone" in your GO4 App show?
2017-5-28
Use props
Cgomez
lvl.2
Flight distance : 252008 ft
United Kingdom

I've been thinking about the same thing. Surely it's possible for them to do. I'm sure if they wanted to they could
a) track the ac
b) brick the ac to stop it from flying
2017-5-28
Use props
Julia Baker
lvl.1

Philippines

hmmm sad to hear that dude. hope you'll get back your drone. next time try installing an external gps tracker so you could locate it whether your drone is powered on or off.
2017-5-30
Use props
fans47a198fe
New

United States

Where did yours get stolen.

Here's one on OfferUp in Lake Worth.

offerup dot com/

item/detail/307130630/

Guy claimed he found it, only after i asked..  did you find it or something?
Since it didn't have the remote or charger.

I told him to do the right thing.. and try and find the owner. Obviously he's not interested in doing so.

If it's not yours, maybe it's someone else's on this board.

I also reported it to OfferUp as possibly stolen. Don't know what they'll do.

Good luck.
2017-7-11
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

fans47a198fe Posted at 2017-7-11 14:45
Where did yours get stolen.

Here's one on OfferUp in Lake Worth.

You did the right thing. In every jurisdiction I'm familiar with it's illegal to sell someone else's property like that even if you really did find it. Hopefully OfferUp will also do the right thing and contact the police about it.
2017-7-12
Use props
fans47a198fe
New

United States

Yup, you're right about that.
He was suppose to at least turn it in to the police, wait a time period. Of no one claimed it and he did show by certain amount of ads in so many formats he attempted to find the owner... Then he can claim it if no one comes forward.

Someone over at another Mavic forum pointed out the gimbal guard was still in it.
So either it was a total nub flying it. Or it wasn't being flown when it was "found"

Unfortunately it's been sold.
But OfferUp does keep track of the buyer/seller info. And he admitted in a message, which can't be deleted, he found it.

Of course that was only after i asked "Did you find it... or something?"

It has been sold now. Pretty crappy a person buying it. It was pretty obvious something was up. And after prodding a bit if he admitted it wasn't his, but found. You'd think the person would back out on buying it.
Apparently not.

Here was the ad:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/307130630/
2017-7-14
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

fans47a198fe Posted at 2017-7-14 04:19
Yup, you're right about that.
He was suppose to at least turn it in to the police, wait a time period. Of no one claimed it and he did show by certain amount of ads in so many formats he attempted to find the owner... Then he can claim it if no one comes forward.

And that gimbal clamp isn't even on right... I hate it when mine clamps down like that... certainly a n00b
2017-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules