Exposure compensation needed!
946 2 2017-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rualark
lvl.1
Russia

I like a lot of things about my Dji Osmo.
Yet there are some things that can be corrected, making product significantly better.

One thing is Exposure compensation. When shooting in auto exposure mode, you can often get overexposed footage like this (see histogram on the left):

Of course, you can correct exposure any time by using metering mode and tapping on the screen, but a much easier way that I often use with DSLR is using Exposure correction, which looks like this:
https://www.google.ru/search?q=c ... iw=1229&bih=588

I would make image a little darker, because overexposed videos cannot be used for production, as overexposition cannot be corrected later.
2017-5-28
Use props
Rualark
lvl.1
Russia

Update: either I did not notice or this feature appeared in the later update, but now I can see that in Auto exposure mode you can choose + or - EV compensation, which is great! Issue fixed.
2017-6-24
Use props
MStapleton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38474 ft

New Osmo Mobile 2 owner here.

Can someone tell me if that is such a thing as exposure compensation when shooing in video mode? I was shooting video of a dance concert last night on my iPhone/Osmo Mobile 2. The stage lighting was dark, and constantly changing. I had my 35 mm camera (stills) set on Auto Exposure Shutter priority with -2 Exposure compensation. (The backdrop of the stage was very dark.)  35mm still pictures were pretty much on target. I shot the iPhone/Osmo for video and people dancing against a dark stage were overexposed. I would have loved to have been able to choose exposure compensation for the iphone/Osmo, too. Is that an option?

If I understand AE lock, that picks one lighting combination, and is not the same thing as exposure compensation, which allows for constantly changing light. That's what I am looking for.

Thanks.
2018-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules