HOME POINT QUESTION ????
4763 10 2017-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexyanet
lvl.1
United States

I have a question I will be using this on a moving platform in another words from my bass boat on lakes while I am fishing. Will this unit return to me while I am on the boat and have moved to a different home point from my initial startup of the spark drone??? Or will it return to the initial home point where I started recording??  I do not want to loose it in the lake . Please I need your feedback !!
2017-5-29
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Hi! Assuming is similar to Mavic, Home point is recorded at take off point. If you want to use RTH function to your current position , you need to update manually in the application.

2017-5-29
Use props
alexyanet
lvl.1
United States

V_kingo Posted at 2017-5-29 06:17
Hi! Assuming is similar to Mavic, Home point is recorded at take off point. If you want to use RTH function to your current position , you need to update manually in the application.

[view_image]

Even though I have not received my spark yet I didi download yesterday the new updated application to my iphone and it seems this option (RC Location) is not available  any more??
2017-5-29
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-29
Use props
alexyanet
lvl.1
United States

OK Thank You deeply appreciate your help
2017-5-29
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Just read the v1.0 manual and it does not include an option to later manually set or update the Homepoint like on my Inspire. Thus it appears it will only return to the takeoff point with the RTH button. Not what I had hoped for (and need) either!
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Once the RTH is triggered, the Drone will return to the home point. Normally , the home point is the place where you taken off, it won't change automatically, but you can refresh it manually in the APP.  I would not recommend you to use the RTH in this situation, that is too dangerous.
2017-6-20
Use props
Razman
lvl.1
United States

Found this in a DJI Go 4 Guide. Have not tried it but sounds like what your looking for.

2) MAIN CONTROLLER SETTINGS
This is where you’ll find the settings for marking the Home Point, enabling multiple flights modes, turning beginner mode on/off and setting max altitude & distance.
Main Controller Settings-DJI Go App Drone

Home Point
Home Point setting with the arrow = this sets the current position of the drone as the home point.
Home Point setting with the little guy = this sets the home point to the location of the controller.
This is handy if you are controlling the drone from a moving object like a boat or car.
2017-6-20
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

i wouldnt use autopilot modes over water at all
the manual says the vision position systen may not work correct over water, reflcective surfaces etc.

3D Sensing and Vision System performance are affected by the type of surface being flown over.
The aircraft will switch from P Mode to ATTI Mode automatically if neither GPS or Vision System are available.
Please be vigilant when operating Spark in the following situations:
• Flying at high speeds below 0.5 meters.
• Flying over monochrome surfaces (e.g., solid black, solid white, solid red, or solid green).
• Flying over highly reflective surfaces.
• Flying over water or transparent surfaces.
• Flying over moving surfaces or objects.

• Flying in an area where the lighting changes frequently or drastically.
• Flying over extremely dark (lux < 10) or bright (lux > 100,000) surfaces.
• Flying over surfaces without clear patterns or texture.
• Flying over surfaces with identical repeating patterns or textures (e.g., tiling).
• Flying over small and fine objects (e.g. tree branches and power lines).
• Flying at speeds of over 6.7 mph (10.8 kph) at 2 meters above the ground.
2017-6-20
Use props
cmalinowski
lvl.1
United States

kasei Posted at 2017-6-20 04:06
i wouldnt use autopilot modes over water at all
the manual says the vision position systen may not work correct over water, reflcective surfaces etc.

Wouldn't it be in P mode over water due to GPS?  ...unless an indoor pool.
2017-6-20
Use props
kasei
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118399 ft
Germany

cmalinowski Posted at 2017-6-20 11:23
Wouldn't it be in P mode over water due to GPS?  ...unless an indoor pool.

Probably if it has enough satellites in reach. I think in low altidude the spark rather uses vps necause it should be more accurate.
Return to home uses vps to as far as i know
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules